Have you ever bought a console to play one game?

I bought a PS4 ONLY to play FF7 Remake

Now I am buying a PS5 just to play Rebirth

No other game on these consoles grab me. I mainly play PC games.
I’m a pc guy these days rebirth will come to pc in 6 months

No, that's just insane to spend hundreds on a single game.

Is it insane? I have a few friends who are into cars and IMO those people are insane. Gaming as a hobby has always comes across as very cheap compared to what I see others spend.
I’m a pc guy these days rebirth will come to pc in 6 months

I would think FF16 would come to PC first before Rebirth and even that hasn't come out yet. Not saying you're wrong but who knows. Also last time Sony paid extra to extend the contract with Square. Doubt they do that again but you never know.

Is it insane? I have a few friends who are into cars and IMO those people are insane. Gaming as a hobby has always comes across as very cheap compared to what I see others spend.

I would think FF16 would come to PC first before Rebirth and even that hasn't come out yet. Not saying you're wrong but who knows. Also last time Sony paid extra to extend the contract with Square. Doubt they do that again but you never know.
FF7 intergrade is on pc.

times are chaging right now in the industry everyone is learning PC is the way. Square had more success on PC then they have on playstaiton same with atlus which is why persona and shin megami are no launching on pc with no console exclusivitity whatsorever.

I remember being told persona was NEVER EVER coming to pc and here we are new persona came out 2 weeks ago at the same time as Playstation.

FF7 intergrade is on pc.

times are chaging right now in the industry everyone is learning PC is the way. Square had more success on PC then they have on playstaiton same with atlus which is why persona and shin megami are no launching on pc with no console exclusivitity whatsorever.

I remember being told persona was NEVER EVER coming to pc and here we are new persona came out 2 weeks ago at the same time as Playstation.

Oh I know it's coming to PC I just don't know if it will be there in 6 months is my point. Just wouldn't make sense for Square to port FF7 Rebirth before they port over FF16. Then again the contracts could be different so maybe.

Things on PC are great right now. I used to be PC gamer and I love JRPGS so believe me I know how well it's going over there. PC is the only place right now that has the whole legend of heroes series which is insane to think about.

The only reason I've ever owned nintendo hardware, post NES, was to play whatever Zelda game was on it at the time.

N64, Gamecube, Switch

They hadn't really started work on the PC version of 16 when it got its PS5 release but seeing as it's pretty much an updated version of the 14 engine and PC is the larger userbase for that game I bet they'll knock it out pretty quickly ( probably by the end of the year) unless a few people have been moved over for the upcoming 14 expansion

They hadn't really started work on the PC version of 16 when it got its PS5 release but seeing as it's pretty much an updated version of the 14 engine and PC is the larger userbase for that game I bet they'll knock it out pretty quickly ( probably by the end of the year) unless a few people have been moved over for the upcoming 14 expansion
Agreed I don't think it will take them long. What I'm wondering is if they'll continue to do deals like this with Sony. The new CEO made it seem like they wouldn't but I wonder how up to date he is on just exactly how the deals are structured. I doubt the previous CEO was doing these deals without them making financial sense for Square.

I know people seem to think day and date will make a huge difference in sales for SP games but I just don't know if I believe that. Why would a game sell better being released day 1 everywhere as opposed to being timed? If you only have a PC aren't you still going to want to play the game when it eventually comes either way? I've just never had a game that I wanted to play and then when it comes out I think to myself "Nah it's been to long now I don't want to play it anymore".

I guess will see what ends up happening eventually. I just think the new CEO doesn't understand these deals were done to the benefit of Square. Relying on releasing your games everywhere at once wont only be harder on your teams and dev cost it also might not be as profitable as the current model.

FF7 intergrade is on pc.

Well that's the day I give up gaming then because fuck spending any time on my computer once work is finished. Also, I hope you were drunk while typing this because lol at the number of typos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back