Have you ever bought a console to play one game?

Not only but the initial trigger

Dreamcast for Shenmue, PS2 for MGS2, PS3 for MGS4, 360 for Halo

Sooo once you actually saw Titanfall, you didn't like what you saw?
I always liked what I saw but I didn’t realize at the time that those weren’t players but NPCs. I didn’t do heavy research on the game at the time and frankly that was my first time ever seeing something like that in an online shooter.

Respawn has gone on to bring that same crap to battlefield also. No idea what their obsession is with using NPCs in their online games.

I always liked what I saw but I didn’t realize at the time that those weren’t players but NPCs. I didn’t do heavy research on the game at the time and frankly that was my first time ever seeing something like that in an online shooter.

Respawn has gone on to bring that same crap to battlefield also. No idea what their obsession is with using NPCs in their online games.
Got it

I was also making a very obscure reference to an Xbox One related meme during its horrible launch. One of the people promoting the console kept saying "Have you seen Titanfall" during some tough questioning by the gaming media. It was so ridiculous it became a meme.

Funny how I can remember stuff like that but I can't remember the names of some people I work with...

Playstation - Final Fantasy 7

I was an N64 kid, and I'll never forget going to this kid's house and seeing the intro to Final Fantasy 7, and not understanding how my super powered N64 couldn't do that shit. I didn't understand the formats, and what was possible on CD, as opposed to a cartridge. I didn't get why the backgrounds looked so realistic, and why no N64 game had that sweet, sweet CGI. All I knew is that made my N64 look like a pile of shit. Saved my allowance for months to get it. Worth every penny.

Not for one and only but these were the driving forces:
Nintendo for Mario 3
Nintendo 64 for Golden Eye
PS2 for Vice City
XBox 360 for GTA4
XBox 1 for Fallout 4

PS3 to play MGS4. It was worth it. Ended up playing GOW and LOU too.

I bought a PS4 ONLY to play FF7 Remake

Now I am buying a PS5 just to play Rebirth

No other game on these consoles grab me. I mainly play PC games.
hol up FF7 remake is on PC and surely Rebirth will come to PC soon to?

Bought the ps4 just for Arkham knight stood in line for an hour with a bunch of nerds to get game.
Then got home at 12:30 am and there was a bad lightening storm which coulda run in and fried my shit. I said fuck it I waited too long for this and played for hours. That goddamn driving on the rook shit took forever to figure out. What kind of fucking idiot drives a car on a roof. The developers are geeks and idiots.
Then bought ps5 for gotham knights and love it.

I always resist buying a new console until there's a game I must have.

I bought a SNES for street fighter 2

I bought a PlayStation for resident evil 2

I bought a PS2 for whatever the first smackdown game was on that system. (Just bring it, maybe?)

I bought a ps3 for red dead redemption.

I bought a ps4 for XCOM 2.

Somewhere in there I bought a Wii with the intention of selling it for profit, but I gave in to temptation and started playing it and it was so fun that I kept it.

My son asked for a Wii-U for Christmas, and a few years later a Nintendo switch, so I get to play those too even though they're not mine.

I might be done with consoles though. Even though we have a ps4 and a switch, the one I play the most is the ps3. Which tells me they're not getting better.

Back in the day, if I had found a new or used copy of Sega Saturn DBZ split screen 2D fighting game, I would have bought a Sega Saturn to play it.

I didn't like the PS1 version's scaling.

Still the best wrestling games ever made, all the THQ/AKI wrestling games on the Nintendo 64 were magnificent.

Me and my cousin would just sit inside all day playing them. Stop to eat and just go right back to playing. We played all the wrestling games back then and before those games even came out. Nothing came close to how good those thq games were

Reactions: Zer
Me and my cousin would just sit inside all day playing them. Stop to eat and just go right back to playing. We played all the wrestling games back then and before those games even came out. Nothing came close to how good those thq games were

Yeah it was the same for me as a kid. I remember me and my buddy got obsessed with WCW vs NWO World Tour. One time I went to stay around his house and we played it for over 14 hours. We only realized how long we'd played when his parents came down in the morning and were like 'you guys didn't go to fucken bed??'. It was my first ever legit all nighter. Those games were special though. Especially as kids in Germany who'd never watched WCW (But obviously knew about Hogan etc) so it was like this mysterious alternate wrestling reality we didn't have access to

Yeah it was the same for me as a kid. I remember me and my buddy got obsessed with WCW vs NWO World Tour. One time I went to stay around his house and we played it for over 14 hours. We only realized how long we'd played when his parents came down in the morning and were like 'you guys didn't go to fucken bed??'. It was my first ever legit all nighter. Those games were special though. Especially as kids in Germany who'd never watched WCW (But obviously knew about Hogan etc) so it was like this mysterious alternate wrestling reality we didn't have access to

Yea I wasn’t really into wrestling anymore but watched every now and then because I did think the NWO concept plus Hogan going “evil” was an interesting idea. Then the games came out and I was hooked.

Reactions: Zer
Got a Ps3 just to play Yakuza 5 back when it was a ps store exclusive

Considered it for Starfield pre-release, glad I never.

Back