Have either JDS or Cain surpassed Fedor? Can they still?

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
See the title.

I remember a lot of people were convinced that JDS and Cain were on the path to surpassing Fedor's legacy. Some thought they had already done it. How do you think these two stack up to Fedor now?

Cain has like 12 mama fights against only 7 or 8 foes so no

lol at Cain being anywhere near the goat hw. Hes fought like 7 times in 6 years. Neither him or Junior were on top for nearly long enough to be a goat candidate.

Neither are on fedor's level in terms of resume or dominance.

1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. The Rest

Last edited:
have they? no

Can they? if JDS went on an insanely improbable late career run, still probably not. had JDS beaten Miocic MAYBE he would have gotten above Werdum, but even then it's contentious.

Has the UFC hype machine gone too far?

I always laugh when Rogan claims Cain is the best HW of all time... The guy has 16 fights and has lost 2 of them decisively.

200.webp

See the title.

is this a real question?

Fedor - 36-4, best is a 27 fight win streak

Cain - 14-2, best Is a 9 fight win streak

JDS - 18-5, best is 10 fight win streak

Has the UFC hype machine gone too far?

I always laugh when Rogan claims Cain is the best HW of all time... The guy has 16 fights and has lost 2 of them decisively.

after Fedor/Maldonado, Rogan was complimenting fedor then said that the only guy who is in the discussion with him for GOAT is Cain, and i realized that we had gone too far as a people

I think Stipe is ahead of JDS and Cain, or nearing it. None of them are close to Fedor, and JDS and Cain don't have enough left to close the gap. Stipe still might, but I don't think he's as good as Fedor was.

is this a real question?

Fedor - 36-4, best is a 27 fight win streak

Cain - 14-2, best Is a 9 fight win streak

JDS - 18-5, best is 10 fight win streak

I agree Fedor is #1. He beat some awesome guys but that record is insanely patted.

I think Stipe is ahead of JDS and Cain, or nearing it. None of them are close to Fedor, and JDS and Cain don't have enough left to close the gap. Stipe still might, but I don't think he's as good as Fedor was.
Indeed, Stipe may be the (initially underestimated) new breed Cain and Junior were supposed to be. :D

Thank god. You've returned to your reasonable self.

nope.

Jds is too shot thanks to cain and cain is too injury prone to be consistent in his career.

See the title.

I remember a lot of people were convinced that JDS and Cain were on the path to surpassing Fedor's legacy. Some thought they had already done it. How do you think these two stack up to Fedor now?
seriously, people need to learn the difference between contenders and pretenders...
They didn't even pass Cro Cop or Nog, let alone Fedor.

Note: Yes, both of them "had potential" to pass Fedor. But neither did, and the way their careers are going, they probably won't.

Back