Has McMann exposed Davis' black belt jitsu?

Why do you people always assume that we all don't train. Some do and some dont. I have grappled for over a decade on and off and have never tapped to an Arm Triangle. Of course I get tapped by better guys, but for whatever reason, physically its hard to get me to tap from that.

You can escape by turtling in towards your oppenent , which kills the angle. You can roll the other way which stops the arm triangle, but gives up your back.

There is the Telephone defense, arm on your ear, bridge and grab your leg.

Davis is a "black belt" but she didn't do any of the basic escapes or defenses.
She attempted to create space with her own leg which is a known technique. Watch again. I'll even post a vid for you since some may not have caught it. Strength matters as McMann was too strong.

While I agree that she hits damn hard, I think it would only take a few of Cyborg's punches to make her turtle up and probably submit to strikes if the ref didn't stop it quick enough. Out of all the women in the UFC, I think she hates being punched in the face the most.
Like i said, cyborg would still be massive favorite but ive noticed a significant change in the way mcmann wings her punches-----its man like(lol).Cyborg is the only gal that has an actual manlike swinging motion through her shoulder girdle upto contact.
As decorated as Holly Holm is as a boxer, if u showed me a video of her throwing punches and u had a blurr covering her face and breasts, you could tell its a female boxing/ throwing punches.
Mcmann has evolved her striking and the way she delivers a bit like c-borg.
I agree, more than likely mcmann would be befelled by the punches of Santos and end up in "turtled defense" but she officially , now, throws one helluva a punch.

Like i said, cyborg would still be massive favorite but ive noticed a significant change in the way mcmann wings her punches-----its man like(lol).Cyborg is the only gal that has an actual manlike swinging motion through her shoulder girdle upto contact.
As decorated as Holly Holm is as a boxer, if u showed me a video of her throwing punches and u had a blurr covering her face and breasts, you could tell its a female boxing/ throwing punches.
I agree, more than likely mcmann would be befelled by the punches of Santos and end up in "turtled defense" but she officially , now, throws one helluva a punch.
What about Nunes' punches? When she connects chicks drop, sometimes even faster than Cyborg's victims.

GSP doesn't prove any point since he is exceptional

Wrong.

90% of former wrestlers who pick up BJJ and MMA are also exceptional. These guys are freak athletes who have come out ahead of the pack while lesser athletes were being weeded out over years of wrestling. Guys like Mendes, Cormier, Romero, etc. are every bit as exceptional as GSP.

When you get someone from BJJ who has that same level of athleticism and the time/access to commit themselves to wrestling, they do just as well. Look at Jacare for proof of that. Even Maia who is not any kind of great athlete is taking down wrestlers. And yeah, the GSP example still works.

Yeah, I agree with you there, she's got the physique of a US Marine. I think she'd probably be able to knock out most girls in the division if she'd be willing to stand and bang with them. A harder hitter than Holm or Rousey for sure.

She hits like a Mc-Man

I remember how quickly she wilted against Nunes though. She looked like she didn't want to be hit at all.

Davis is a "black belt" but she didn't do any of the basic escapes or defenses.

That is not true, Alexis did bridge and grab her leg, but it was too late, the choke was tight and Sara's arms are thick ..

That said, I was a bit surprised that Alexis let that happen, but she probably got complacent since Sara had nothing from top position in the 1st round. I had Alexis winning the fight from the bottom in the 1st round.

What about Nunes' punches? When she connects chicks drop, sometimes even faster than Cyborg's victims.
I agree with that.....im just referencing the manner in which cyborg and mcmann deliver their punches....

Back