Has McMann exposed Davis' black belt jitsu?

I felt like Davis gave up. It looked like a way out to me. Davis hadn't fought for 19 months. Maybe she wasn't in the best shape to grapple a very strong woman like McMann.

A lot of MMA fighters train submissions but don't go by the belt system. It's deceptive. Mighty Mouse tapped out a BB with a Kimura, but claims to be a white belt.

Since they wanna be so technical about it, let's see that white belt MM. I don't think he has one.

Davis looked GOOD on the bottom. However, McMann is an Olympic level wrestler and is extremely strong. Davis made a mistake and McMann jumped in it. Davis did the right thing to defend but the sub was in tight.

A lot of MMA fighters train submissions but don't go by the belt system. It's deceptive. Mighty Mouse tapped out a BB with a Kimura, but claims to be a white belt.

Since they wanna be so technical about it, let's see that white belt MM. I don't think he has one.

Mighty Mouse is a catch wrestler under Matt Hume. He doesn't train bjj, unless he started very recently.

Also, most fighters without a formal BJJ background train exclusively no-gi. There is no official belt system for no-gi: Jon Jones is high black belt level at no-gi but he's a white belt in gi BJJ.

That doesn't mean he CAN'T grapple in a gi: it means he doesn't grapple in a gi. Same for a lot of wrestlers: they don't normally train in a gi and very few of them make the transition to gi BJJ after wrestling...

Hear the wise words from the Gi prophet himself:

Here's a no belt chocking out a current 4 degree black belt.

hugheschokept02_medium.gif

You are moron if you don't think Hughes didn't train any Jitz

Mighty Mouse is a catch wrestler under Matt Hume. He doesn't train bjj, unless he started very recently.
Sure. But if he entered a BJJ gym and put on a white belt, he would still submit most high belts there. I find the martial arts belt system archaic in this day and age: gone are the days where martial arts were secret mystic cults with ranks and lodges...

Lesser belts should feel an arm-triangle coming from 200miles away.....

Belts dont translate matt time either. I know dudes including myself that have been rolling nogi for over 10yrs and tap belted BJJ guys and dont have any rank. Many UFC guys fit this bill.

You are moron if you don't think Hughes didn't train any Jitz

Still a no belt. Cerrone another no belt. Plus the legendary Cm Punk.
(...I know but thats not the point...........)

McMann was throwing some nice straight punches that were landing so I was kind of surprised that she kept taking it to the ground. Especially when Davis was controlling her & landing elbows off her back. In the end it worked out for her.

She said she didn't feel half of her face, so she wanted to avoid striking and went for a takedown. Ironically, her face probably got busted from those elbows inside Davis' guard.

Mcmann strength on another level compared to davis want see her fight cat

I wish Mcmann would have exposed herself. Meaning her body. Naked.

<{yearp}>{<tongue}

No, Alexis just made a mistake. Shocker eh? BB's are human and can make mistake wow ....

Never been in an arm triangle.

Why do you people always assume that we all don't train. Some do and some dont. I have grappled for over a decade on and off and have never tapped to an Arm Triangle. Of course I get tapped by better guys, but for whatever reason, physically its hard to get me to tap from that.

You can escape by turtling in towards your oppenent , which kills the angle. You can roll the other way which stops the arm triangle, but gives up your back.

There is the Telephone defense, arm on your ear, bridge and grab your leg.

Davis is a "black belt" but she didn't do any of the basic escapes or defenses.

Last edited:
Back