Has McMann exposed Davis' black belt jitsu?

Why do you people always assume that we all don't train. Some do and some dont. I have grappled for over a decade on and off and have never tapped to an Arm Triangle. Of course I get tapped by better guys, but for whatever reason, physically its hard to get me to tap from that.
Because you made a blanket statement thats not true.

Because you made a blanket statement thats not true.

List all of times where a Black belt gets tapped by a non black belt with an arm-triangle? There are not many examples

she shouldv'e got put in that position

List all of times where a Black belt gets tapped by a non black belt with an arm-triangle? There are not many examples
Sara McMann is an olympic wrestler, and she transitioned to a wrestlers pin. The side choke is a natural transition from there.

You made a stupid blanket statement. It's okay. We all do it.

Sara McMann is an olympic wrestler, and she transitioned to a wrestlers pin. The side choke is a natural transition from there.

You made a stupid blanket statement. It's okay. We all do it.

There nothing blanket about it if you can't prove it not to be true. How can you make an argument that has little to no examples?

McMann has legit grappling yes, but we can both agree that there is a a lot of latitude when rankings Black belts, Davis is obviously not the same level of black belt as lets say Maia, or Yahya. I also think size has a lot to do with it. Smaller people get out of it easier then larger people. My argument is simply that Davis is a black belt, but isn't as good as a grappler as Sara.

Ill say this about mcmann''----of all the years of watching cage fighting/ mma, Ive only seen 1 female own the physicality of a man, own the shoulder girdle of a man and at the same time--wing punches thru the range of motion like a man.Her name, cyborg santos.
Sarah Mcmann is now the second female that ive seen that owns the aforementioned.Its scary.
Forget this cyborg-holm talk...I , now, am interested in a possible cyborg mcmann match up...Santos would still be a sizable favorite but mcmann might be the only gal where if she tags cyborg hard, I can actuslly see an expression on Santos 's face like "wow, i dont want to take too many of those".

There nothing blanket about it if you can't prove it not to be true. How can you make an argument that has little to no examples?

McMann has legit grappling yes, but we can both agree that there is a a lot of latitude when rankings Black belts, Davis is obviously not the same level of black belt as lets say Maia, or Yahya. I also think size has a lot to do with it. Smaller people get out of it easier then larger people. My argument is simply that Davis is a black belt, but isn't as good as a grappler as Sara.

That's not what you said to begin with.
You didn't say she shouldn't have been caught but that particularly arm triangle, you didn't say she shouldn't have been caught by a non blackbelt.

You made a blanket statement,
You said blackbelts shoudln't get tapped by Arm triangles.
Period.

That's not what you said to begin with.
You didn't say she shouldn't have been caught but that particularly arm triangle, you didn't say she shouldn't have been caught by a non blackbelt.

You made a blanket statement,
You said blackbelts shoudln't get tapped by Arm triangles.
Period.

Yes blackbelts shouldn't get tapped by arm triangles. Period. I can replicate what I am saying. You are cheeto fingered sherbro with 25k posts.

Sara has olympic level wrestling as well, a high level wrestler who is also a legit BJJ artist is a nightmare to have on top of you

Base style wrestler, picked up BJJ later > Base style BJJ, picked up wrestling later

Not for any practical reasons. GSP proves that point. It's just because of the access to high level training. Wrestlers can walk down the street and find a black belt who is willing to teach them with a ton of training partners around. If you're a BJJ guy, it's really not that simple to learn wrestling.

I have grappled for over a decade on and off and have never tapped to an Arm Triangle.

Lol.

I was actually impressed with her BJJ. McMann is a world class grappler, and Davis did a lot of good work off her back, especially early.

Has anyone ever said Sara Davis is a Demian Maia level black belt?

McMann was throwing some nice straight punches that were landing so I was kind of surprised that she kept taking it to the ground. Especially when Davis was controlling her & landing elbows off her back. In the end it worked out for her.
Did you not hear what she said to her coaches in between rounds?

PS anyone remember the arm triangle prime Bigfoot had on Fyodor? That was in DEEP plus Fyodor was beaten up and outweighed by 50lbs also Bigfoot was on so much roids he probably glowed in the dark. Fyodor escaped but then he is goat. McMann is a very strong girl and a world class wrestler and she was hungry, committed to the sub which wrestlers don't always do and her BJJ game is no joke.

Respect wrestling.

Good BJJ from the top beats great BJJ from the bottom.

Ill say this about mcmann''----of all the years of watching cage fighting/ mma, Ive only seen 1 female own the physicality of a man, own the shoulder girdle of a man and at the same time--wing punches thru the range of motion like a man.Her name, cyborg santos.
Sarah Mcmann is now the second female that ive seen that owns the aforementioned.Its scary.
Forget this cyborg-holm talk...I , now, am interested in a possible cyborg mcmann match up...Santos would still be a sizable favorite but mcmann might be the only gal where if she tags cyborg hard, I can actuslly see an expression on Santos 's face like "wow, i dont want to take too many of those".
While I agree that she hits damn hard, I think it would only take a few of Cyborg's punches to make her turtle up and probably submit to strikes if the ref didn't stop it quick enough. Out of all the women in the UFC, I think she hates being punched in the face the most.

I dont think proffesional athletes at lower weight classes should have love handles.
Thats all i have to say about davis.

Back