has anyone ever rolled on mushrooms or acid??

SPAZ650 said:
lol 80 times. you know shrooms makes your brain bleed and to do them that man times..... makes you dumb as fuck

Nice, ignorant, but nice....no really, shrooms don't make brains bleed, heck, holding one's breath for 30 seconds probably kills more brain cells than the whole 6 hour trip (It usually lasts like 6 hrs for me...)

You probably wrtie half of your psot on acid. LOL .....Also I had this post first you guys stole it.

Jiu-Jitsu Cop said:
You probably wrtie half of your psot on acid. LOL .....Also I had this post first you guys stole it.

except u were joking and i am being serious

Any substance that gives you visuals fuck up your brain permanently, u idiots. You get flashbacks meaning you'd have random visual trips months or even yrs from when u took the drug and for those of you who never tried acid or shrooms, don't do it because it fries your brain hence the slang word for doing those drugs is "frying".

majorlarge said:
i almost got into a fight on acid once...luckily the kid knew i was on acid, saw how not scared i was, and put his hands down (i said that he was trying to scheme by selling small sacks of weed, so he put his hands in a boxing stance...i just stood there, right in front of him, with my hands down and this look on my face like "if u hit me, its over")...the kid put his hands down and then my friend and his friend got between us...literally, if the kid had thrown a punch, i dont even know what would have happened...i was on acid but i was also super drunk...i could have killed the kid...one punch and the kid would have crumpled then i probably would have felt really bad about it

Wow, dude you are obivously one hard mother fucker. I totally wouldnt want to mess with you at all. I mean you sound like so hardcore.

Honestly what the fuck? Is that the response you wanted from this post? It sure seems like it to me. Save your middleschool stories for your g/f or some shit.

duckbillstyle said:
Any substance that gives you visuals fuck up your brain permanently, u idiots. You get flashbacks meaning you'd have random visual trips months or even yrs from when u took the drug and for those of you who never tried acid or shrooms, don't do it because it fries your brain hence the slang word for doing those drugs is "frying".

thats a lot of facts you ahve there to back up your opinion. do you have any idea what a flashback actually is? Seriously, the amount of brainwashed, propaganda filled jackasses is staggering. Now Im sure there are bad side effects and downsides to all these substances, and I think if people do try them to do it moderately. stay away if you can I guess, but everyones free to do what they want.

but more importantly, I just hate ppl who plain make shit up and pass it off as fact. The reason ppl get "flashbacks" is because of emotional triggers in the brain, and has nothing to do with chemical aftereffects. The closest think to compare this effect to is PTSD, or post traumatic stress disorder.

Basically, when you have a heavily emotional experience, a "stressful" experience (stressful in the scientific sense not the everyday usage) that memory and your experience is logged into a certain part of your brain. later on in your life a trigger can bring that memory flooding back up to the surface. This is not "another trip," there are no residual substances stored in your spine or whatever. this is just your brains way of remembering something. it is virtually harmless and does not reflect any damage to your brain or body whatsoever.

I cant imagine grappling on shrooms or acid. The thought of it even gives me cringes. The thing about shrooms is it feels more like a spiritual high than a mind altering one like acid. In either case I could see it ending in a bad trip because someone might get "competitive" and who knows what could happen. Id rather laugh at whatever movie my friends and I were watching.

Those days were fun!

anaconda said:
thats a lot of facts you ahve there to back up your opinion. do you have any idea what a flashback actually is? Seriously, the amount of brainwashed, propaganda filled jackasses is staggering. Now Im sure there are bad side effects and downsides to all these substances, and I think if people do try them to do it moderately. stay away if you can I guess, but everyones free to do what they want.

but more importantly, I just hate ppl who plain make shit up and pass it off as fact. The reason ppl get "flashbacks" is because of emotional triggers in the brain, and has nothing to do with chemical aftereffects. The closest think to compare this effect to is PTSD, or post traumatic stress disorder.

Basically, when you have a heavily emotional experience, a "stressful" experience (stressful in the scientific sense not the everyday usage) that memory and your experience is logged into a certain part of your brain. later on in your life a trigger can bring that memory flooding back up to the surface. This is not "another trip," there are no residual substances stored in your spine or whatever. this is just your brains way of remembering something. it is virtually harmless and does not reflect any damage to your brain or body whatsoever.

exactly...i love when people just spit out propaganda that they heard in middle school in health class...u know what, i sometimes get "flashbacks"...sometimes, i am staring at something and it will start to move a bit...actually i went to rehab and the guy there said that everyone can get those visuals if they stare at something, but since a person that has done hallucingens has seen similar things, they pick up on it much more frequently

i have heard stories from someone cracking their back and seeing a penguin flying in the sky, or some grandpa killed his kids because he had a flashback from driving...if u ever did mushrooms or acid, u would know that even when your ON the drug, u usually wont see something thats not there, just something that is there in an odd way...u know what tho, i have done a whole lot of mushrooms, and im probably smarter than the douche that said i fried my brain...why dont u look at studies instead of listening to propaganda my friend

duckbillstyle said:

also, i have never heard the term "frying", also would u really trust some hippie slang as your basis for knowledge on a drug...wow, my brain might be "fried" but u my friend have been a retard since birth

I use mushrooms (once every 3-6 months) as a way to relieve excruciating cluster headaches that used to leave me bed ridden. For me, they have done far more good than bad for my life and development as a grappler.

Rolling on mushrooms or marijuana (I prefer edibles) is a great experience IF you are able to stay in the right mindset and handle the "high" associated with them.

For me, mushrooms (or weed) give me a notably calmer and precise game. I fall into a relaxed, almost meditative state and my position flow becomes thoughtless and uninterrupted.

Only downfall I have found is learning new drills, I would recommend keeping a partner you are very comfortable with for drilling new stuff because you WILL be confused and fucking shit up.

Mushrooms effect everyone differently and you could run into a batch that is stronger than you anticipated so, I would highly recommend getting your dosing straight before hitting the mats. I usually prefer rolling on the tail end of mushroom trips or, microdosing throughout the day to remain consistent.

Rolled on acid last month. I took the tab, and when I got to the gym the power was out so we rolled in the dark for 2+ hours. After I rolled with my coach for about 12 minutes he told me it was the best roll we've had in the 4 years I've been coming to the gym, and that he was very impressed by my progression. A great experience overall, and I think competing on acid would be awesome.

:D

I'd be worried that your pain threshold would betray you. Like someone is snapping your ankle tendons and you don't know you're in trouble.

i rolled with a dude when we were both on coke. really moronic idea in retrospect

he was also an alcoholic who was blackout drunk that night. i suppose im lucky i didnt kill him

he stopped talking to me after that

Last edited:
Not me, but a training partner said he came to open mat on acid or shrooms I can't remember which. He's a purple belt and rolled with a brown belt who just got promoted to black. He said he passed the brown belts guard and eventually got the submission. That was the first and last time he caught that guy. However the brown belt that he caught is a fairly nice guy and on occassion lets partners pass his guard. Getting a submission on him is not easy. Do I believe my friend caught the guy, yes. Do I believe he caught him solely because of his altered mental state, no.

so to answer the question:

i've rolled while tripping on about 150micrograms of LSD. it was at my house, on a mat, with a friend who had a few months of bjj experience (i was a bluebelt). we rolled for about 30 minutes

nothing was remarkably different. the main things i noticed were that i had a lot of energy, and i seemed to get into the "flow" of the roll very easily. i was not at all uncomfortable, besides getting very thirsty

i would not do it outside of my home. going to the gym high on psychedelics could be asking for trouble

I'd be worried that your pain threshold would betray you. Like someone is snapping your ankle tendons and you don't know you're in trouble.

If anything, acid makes me way more aware of my body. I move better, fall better and react more quickly. Basically the opposite of alcohol :D

Psychedelics give you permanent brain damage, they are not harmless.

Try rolling on bath salts or dippers for a real adventure.

I had a fellow coach come in after an outing and was on shrooms. He was acting very strange (of course) and was actually much more aggressive and focused than normal. He ended up getting put out once, then he got knee barred and went into a full blown gnarly seizure. His wife was freaking out and he was yelling dont call an ambulance. Came back and started coming for me. I basically just neutralized him (much larger black belt) and rode it out til he had enough. Never brought it up. Never will.

Back