Hahaha, this has to be a joke, right? ESPN pulls Asian Robert Lee due to name

Do you agree ESPN should've pulled Lee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robert Lee has just become the most famous sportscaster of all time.

Dang, how in the world is a guy supposed to weconize a wasist these days?

Why didn't they just call him "Ramon" Lee since many Asians tend to be named Ramon?

Honestly, this may have been the final straw to redpill my liberal wife. The left is completely out of touch with America.

Trump by a fucking landslide in 2020.

If your dumb ass parents name you "Adolf Hitler", and you choose not to change your name, that's on you.

This guy should have had his name changed a while ago, surprised he got as far as he has.
Should he change it to Chingchong Bingbong since he's asian?

Honestly, this may have been the final straw to redpill my liberal wife. The left is completely out of touch with America.

Trump by a fucking landslide in 2020.
How far left is ESPN?

So far left that even MSNBC is making fun of them.

Holy fuck, that is beyond pathetic.

Yes, THIS DUDE is making fun of them.

What I find hilarious is ESPN said they were protecting him from the Meme's but all they did was create a climate of more Memes.
If he announced the game, sure there probably would have been a few, because it would have been funny, but since ESPN has made such a stupid decision, now it is Robert Lee meme crazy on the internet.

Of course he should have been pulled. Sure its not his fault, but that name is associated with everything that is wrong in America today. Top that off with white supremacists terrorizing the city and it is just not a match to be made.

Would you want a guy named Adolf Hitler announcing a football match in Munich? Of course not. This is the same thing. We need to erase hatred in our country, not embrace it

ESPN has a show called Outside The Lines which deals with a lot of social justice issues related to sports. The host is a white guy who's been with the network longer than anybody else, and Rush Limbaugh has insinuated that he's a like-minded conservative but that he conceals it well in order to get along at the liberal network. Anyway, his name is Robert Ley (pronounced exactly like Lee), but he goes by Bob and the spelling is slightly different, so he gets away with it, I guess. Strange world we're living in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outside_the_Lines

Why wasn't Loretta Lynch forced to resign over her liberal cupcake triggering last name?

Unfortunately, I doubt it. Asians are the true unheard voice of American minorities. Often enough, they don't speak up for themselves, because they don't want to cause trouble. Even when they do speak up, they're rarely given a platform. Blacks>Asians when it comes to discrimination stories in the U.S.
With all due respect, you're missing the point. The backlash will be because he's being moved simply due to coincidentally having the same name as the Confederate general, not because he's Asian. Although the fact that he's Asian does sort of help to highlight the absurdity of it all. Lee is a common Asian surname and Robert is a common first name, so there are tons of Asians with that name because their parents wanted to give them an "American" name to help them fit in. Most notably comedian Bobby Lee.

Trying to keep up and be a faithful adherent of the progressive religion will always end up in retarded situations like this. Reminds me of the time whatever NBA team that was cancelled their "year of the monkey" stuff they were giving away to celebrate Chinese New Year because it was also black history month. Like, are you saying that black people are monkeys? Lmao so fuckin stupid. Now a Chinese guy can't work certain games because his name is "problematic". This ideology is twisted.
ESPN fired a white writer back during "Linsanity" when he inadvertently used the phrase ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in the armor" during an article about Jeremy Lin (note: the term has zero racial connotations in its origin, ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" simply refers to a hole or opening). Subsequently, they did not fire a black columnist/host/personality for them at the time who made a racist joke about Lin's penis size at the same time. If anything, he ended up being rewarded later on and they gave him his own side website called The Undefeated which "explores the intersections of race, sports and culture.” "Social justice" keeps creeping into every facet of the media, even ones which were previously apolitical like sports journalism and media, or politically incorrect media aimed at men like lad mags and Playboy (Playboy recently published an article written by a feminist that lashed out at Ed Sheeran for his "toxic masculinity"). Apparently these people would rather keep virtue signaling and feeling morally superior as they lose their audience piece by piece...

With all due respect, you're missing the point. The backlash will be because he's being moved simply due to coincidentally having the same name as the Confederate general, not because he's Asian. Although the fact that he's Asian does sort of help to highlight the absurdity of it all. Lee is a common Asian surname and Robert is a common first name, so there are tons of Asians with that name because their parents wanted to give them an "American" name to help them fit in. Most notably comedian Bobby Lee.
I'm not missing the point at all. Re read the post I quoted, and then my post again. If ESPN gets any backlash, it won't be from the Asian community. In fact, this shit isn't even trending, so no real backlash at all.

I agree with this decision...It's 100% common sense.

First of all, this has nothing to do with the left...This has to do with human Nature.

Imagine if after 9/11, there was a commentator named Osama Bin laden who was suppose to call New York's Giants/Jets game.. I have no doubt that people would think that is weird as fuck and it will take attn from the game. There would be headlines about the commentators name.

This is what ESPN is trying to avoid...Headlines about Robert Lee and how it's strange that he is calling the college game, where all of this crap occurred.

Hell, everybody in this thread, I bet if they randomly saw Robert Lee call the game, will mentioned how weird is that and laugh their ass off...So stop acting as this has to do with liberals.

No, sorry, the majority of us don't share your liberal delusions. This has to do with human nature alright. Flawed human nature. Robert and Lee are extremely common names in the US. How common do you think the name Osama Bin Laden is in the US? There are plenty of people with the name Charles Manson and most of us are intelligent enough to understand that it doesn't make them bad people. That line of clouded reasoning is reserved for the mentally challenged and/or liberals. Why is ESPN pandering to the feelings and emotions of really stupid people?

Back