Hahaha, this has to be a joke, right? ESPN pulls Asian Robert Lee due to name

Do you agree ESPN should've pulled Lee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robert Lee will become a civil rights hero for asians when he returns.

When anti-racist act like racists example number #1807:

When an Asian man can't broadcast a game cause his name is similar and reminds people of a long dead white separatist general.

qnagoZQ.gif
The Confederacy weren't white separatists, they were white supremacists. A white separatist is someone who wants to have ZERO interactions with people who are not white. The Confederacy were white supremacists who wanted to keep owning black slaves and fucking their women and having interracial kids with them. They had no problem being completely surrounded by black people as long as the black people did all the hard work while the white man profited, and were completely subservient to them and let their women be sex slaves while a black man would be hanged for even looking at a white woman the wrong way. Fundamental difference.

Dude, human nature will point this out and either laugh at it or it will make headlines because of how weird it is.

Robert Lee, together is not a common name, that's like saying George Washington is a common name...I never met people with those names in my life..Sure I met roberts and george's but it's not common for them to be together.

I never said that people will think "OMG the Asian commentator's name is Robert Lee, he must be an evil racist!!!", Of course nobody believes that, the point is, that it will distract from the game.

It's just a weird ass coincidence.

If anything this is a double edge sword for ESPN....If they didn't pull them out, I know people will notice the hilarity of the guy's name and it will become headline news later......Of course, since they took him out the game, the same thing happened so they fucked up either way...but that was ESPN goal...it had nothing to do with "OMG Liberals are gonna think we are racist!"
There are 11 thousand plus people named Robert Lee in the US. There are 917 George Washington's. There is 1 Inga Vovchanchyn.
http://howmanyofme.com/search/

Dude, human nature will point this out and either laugh at it or it will make headlines because of how weird it is.

Robert Lee, together is not a common name, that's like saying George Washington is a common name...I never met people with those names in my life..Sure I met roberts and george's but it's not common for them to be together.

I never said that people will think "OMG the Asian commentator's name is Robert Lee, he must be an evil racist!!!", Of course nobody believes that, the point is, that it will distract from the game.

It's just a weird ass coincidence.

The fact that you have never met people with such a name in your personal life means nothing. That is a personal anecdote. There are millions of people that you never met at all. Even The Washington Post referred to Robert Lee as "a rather common name."

Only a intellectually deficient moron with a short attention span would be distracted by something as pointless as this nonsense. You are right about one thing. It's just a coincidence. A 100% meaningless coincidence that is only perceived as a controversy by drama queens and PC leftists.

Here is a theoretical question. What if MMA fighter Kevin Lee's real name was Robert Lee? What would you propose be done about that? What kind of punishment or action would satisfy the social justice warriors? Ar what point do we stop appealing to the most ignorant dregs of society?

Well to be fair, their would not be mass incarceration of minorities if they did not break the law in the first place..

Crime is seen throughout society in almost every society. Specific policies that encourage over policing, the highest incarceration rate in the world, flooding black communities with crack cocaine and life sentences based on the rules of baseball are specific to the US.

Well that ends my viewership of ESPN, all about FS1 for me now. If you can't keep politics out of me sports viewing that I'm not going to watch
You ever watch Undisputed on FS1? Shannon Sharpe acts like a lowbrow Malcolm X and the term "cuck" was invented for guys like Skip Bayless.

There is 300 million + Americans...rare as hell name....and it turns out Robert Lee is gonna commentate the game of the town, where white Supremacist rallied lol.

The coincidence is hilarious....If ESPN let him commentate, of course people would notice and it would make headlines/memes out of it lol.
Your premise that it isn't a common name is unproven.

Robert is a top 3 male name and Lee is the 22nd most popular last name. Neither is rare. James Smith and John SMith both have 47K names. James is the 1st and John is the 2nd most popular male name and Smith is the most common last name. So a quarter of one of the most popular name would weigh in as fairly common imo.

Well it turns out I'm right.

It's not a common name...There is 300 + million Americans and only 11k people are robert lee...that is a rare as fuck name.

Washington post is wrong as fuck.

No bro....everybody will notice this coincidence, and I know the Media/people..they will make headlines/memes because it's a funny coincidence.

Controversy by PC Leftitist? The only people crying over this, is the right wingers....ESPN just didn't want unwanted attention which failed in the end since they still got it and the right wing are crying about this.

If Kevin Lee was Robert Lee.....Nobody would give a shit....If he was fighting that weekend in Charlottesville, it will be a hilarious coincidence that the Media/Sherdog will notice and probably make shoops out of....Kevin lee will receive a shitload of questions about that fight week.

How could the The Washington Post be wrong? They are the liberal gospel of truth. Compare 11 thousand with the number of Americans whose name is Osama Bin Laden and then tell me what is rare.

Right-wingers are crying over an Asian named Robert Lee? Nice attempt at re-writing history. Yes, the rational people of the world are defending him because we realzie that he did nothing wrong. How would liberals react if people demanded that Loretta Lynch step down from the DOJ because of her offensive last name?

So you admit that nothing of significance would be done about Kevin Lee if his first name was Robert. Yet you agree that the Asian guy deserved to be punished for simply being alive with a harmless name shared by thousands? LMAO.

Controversy by PC Leftitist? The only people crying over this, is the right wingers....ESPN just didn't want unwanted attention which failed in the end since they still got it and the right wing are crying about this.

Thats why they shoulda just let the guy do his job.

Imagine if there was a immigrant named osama on 9/11 who worked at wendys .... would it be alright to send him home over his name? The guy didnt do it he works there and he has a job to do . I know its a rare thing these days but maybe if we just tried to act like grown ups a bit more this kinda thing wouldnt happen. Your name kinda sounds like that dudes name and we think it would distract from the game ..... thats a moronic statement if I ever heard it

Honestly, this may have been the final straw to redpill my liberal wife. The left is completely out of touch with America.

Trump by a fucking landslide in 2020.
Assuming Trump makes it that far, I can definitely see the left going so insane that Trump seems like a better alternative to the average voter. That's essentially what happened in 2016. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Trump WILL be impeached/removed or resign or whatever, you just never know with him. He has a lot of enemies on both sides and a destructive streak, so you never know...

All the controversy over this and Jerry Sandusky still does radio broadcasts for the Ravens.

I'm not missing the point at all. Re read the post I quoted, and then my post again. If ESPN gets any backlash, it won't be from the Asian community. In fact, this shit isn't even trending, so no real backlash at all.
I reread and (although I believe we're basically on the same side) I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this particular point. There has been a backlash about this and the guy being Asian is pretty much besides the point.

Crime is seen throughout society in almost every society. Specific policies that encourage over policing, the highest incarceration rate in the world, flooding black communities with crack cocaine and life sentences based on the rules of baseball are specific to the US.
Still, all of that is predicated on the law. The law forbids certain things, and if a group continues to violate the law and partake of those forbidden things then they will continue to see high incarceration rates.

I don't see it as over policing. The police go where the crime is.

Assuming Trump makes it that far, I can definitely see the left going so insane that Trump seems like a better alternative to the average voter. That's essentially what happened in 2016. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Trump WILL be impeached/removed or resign or whatever, you just never know with him. He has a lot of enemies on both sides and a destructive streak, so you never know...

Well if you think they went too far left in 16, what the hell do you call the last 8 months.

Fighting to keep criminal illegal immigrants (rapist murderers drug dealers)
White people are the devil.
Supporting Antifa
Blatant propaganda everywhere
Condoning pedophila
Supporting terrorists (not to mention Obama actually armed AQ and Isis)
Russians nazis and fascists oh my!!!

The only people who could possibly be swayed by this shit is purple haired losers, and they already vote democrat.

Well if you think they went too far left in 16, what the hell do you call the last 8 months.

Fighting to keep criminal illegal immigrants (rapist murderers drug dealers)
White people are the devil.
Supporting Antifa
Blatant propaganda everywhere
Condoning pedophila
Supporting terrorists (not to mention Obama actually armed AQ and Isis)
Russians nazis and fascists oh my!!!

The only people who could possibly be swayed by this shit is purple haired losers, and they already vote democrat.

{<huh}

Back