Gustafsson was robbed against Jones

Yeah you can argue 1,2,3, and even 4 for Gus but 1 is the only clear round

I haven’t watched Shogun/Machida in a minute but i remember scoring it 4-1 Shogun pretty clearly

I legit thought Bruce buffer said the wrong name at first

Anyone who scores round 4 for Gus is a fucking idiot . I think there's a better argument for it being a 10-8 rd for Jones than Gus winning it . Alex was in no way destroying him up until the elbow. Was he edging out the round ? absolutely. But the compounded damage done by the end of the round was Jones BY FAR and it was easily the most significant damage done over the entire fight by either.

It makes me happy that Gus fans will always be crying about a close loss years ago.

A loss is his best accomplishment <Lmaoo>

Gus is my favorite fighter. I even got his t-shirt. But I don't think he got robbed. It was awfully close and a case could be made for him getting robbed but I don't think he was. I'm cool with reality. Gus will be champ. We all know it.

Gus has accomplished more in losing than he ever has in winning.

I almost beat Jon Jones is his claim to fame.

So? That is something no other fighter can even close to say, not even Cormier. Unless you want to count a one armbar attempt by Vitor in a fight in which Vitor was badly dominated and finished or the broken toe against Sonnen. Saying Gus` performance should not be valued highly just because of some numbers some three men drew in their papers would be retarded.

Gus gave prime Jones, Glover and prime DC (until the Jones rematch) their careers worst beatings by far. Gus is one the very best LHWs ever by ability. If that is not recognized because of his record that means he is highly underrated, and he is by many.

It makes me happy that Gus fans will always be crying about a close loss years ago.

A loss is his best accomplishment <Lmaoo>

If you think his wins over Glover, Shogun and Manuwa are not even his best accomplishments, should that not tell you something of how great of a fighter he must be then..

Nearly every MMA site scored it for Jones. Deal with it.

f7FdEdG.jpg

zyN2Su0.jpg

33e0977.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-09-24-at-12.31.56-PM.png

"Why you always bringin' up old shit?"--Smokey, Friday

So? That is something no other fighter can even close to say, not even Cormier. Unless you want to count a one armbar attempt by Vitor in a fight in which Vitor was badly dominated and finished or the broken toe against Sonnen. Saying Gus` performance should not be valued highly just because of some numbers some three men drew in their papers would be retarded.

Gus gave prime Jones, Glover and prime DC (until the Jones rematch) their careers worst beatings by far. Gus is one the very best LHWs ever by ability. If that is not recognized because of his record that means he is highly underrated, and he is by many.
So you're into rewarding losers?

And he eyepoked and literally ran his way to victory against Glover.

I need Volkan to end him.

How is 48-47 a robbery? You clearly don't understand the meaning off robbery. This is just a close fight. And I did give Gus the won in my book. I thought he won the 4th no matter what happened the last minute of the round. He controlled 80% of the round.

But when the results Jones won I didn't think robbery.

Nearly every MMA site scored it for Jones. Deal with it.
MMA sites sounded kinda pathetic. At the end of the day this isn't basketball, so it's okay to just use your own eyes and let your own brain tell you who was beating who for most of the fight. That person was clearly Gus.

And he eyepoked and literally ran his way to victory against Glover.

I need Volkan to end him.

So Gus poking Glover once in a fight where Glover gets completely dominated over 5 rounds gets your attention and hate, but you dont say anything about Jones poking Gus (multiple times) in a razor close fight where a one eye poke might actually be a decisive factor. Ok.

How is 48-47 a robbery? You clearly don't understand the meaning off robbery. This is just a close fight. And I did give Gus the won in my book. I thought he won the 4th no matter what happened the last minute of the round. He controlled 80% of the round.

But when the results Jones won I didn't think robbery.

Where did I say it was a robbery? I scored the fight a draw personally. I dont like people with poor reading comprehension, go away.

Watched the fight again and Gustafsson won rd 1, 2 was close and couldve won it, 3 was Gus', 4 was Gus' for 4 mins and Jones missed a lot in the last 45 second flurry, and 5 was the only rd Jones won cleanly.

im with you on this

Jones winning 3 rounds is really not hard to argue, therefore this was not a robbery.

He did not get rewarded with anything. Didnt get a win money, didnt get the belt, didnt even get a rematch. All Im saying is it would be retarded to act like he did not perform on a level he did perform. He fought a 5 round war on a prime Jones` level, he proved he is that great of a fighter. Jones getting the decision does not chance that.

Yeah, watching live I thought Jones clinched it but on multiple rewatches it's become pretty clear Gus took rounds 1-4. That elbow at the end of the fourth is one of the most overrated strikes in the history of MMA. Jones did exactly nothing with it but buy himself 20 seconds of not getting beat the fuck up like he was the 4 and half minutes that immediately preceded it.

So Gus poking Glover once in a fight where Glover gets completely dominated over 5 rounds gets your attention and hate, but you dont say anything about Jones poking Gus (multiple times) in a razor close fight where a one eye poke might actually be a decisive factor. Ok.

Where did I say it was a robbery? I scored the fight a draw personally. I dont like people with poor reading comprehension, go away.
Did you not hear Glover say he can't see out of his eye after the first round? Gus is eyepoke king. I think he's eyepoked every opponent since Phil davis

Anyone who scores round 4 for Gus is a fucking idiot . I think there's a better argument for it being a 10-8 rd for Jones than Gus winning it . Alex was in no way destroying him up until the elbow. Was he edging out the round ? absolutely. But the compounded damage done by the end of the round was Jones BY FAR and it was easily the most significant damage done over the entire fight by either.

I scored it for Jones as well but rewatching it the other night it’s a lot closer than I remember. He didn’t land that many strikes at the end and Gus definitely controlled most the round, no where near a 10-8. Round 5 was actually Jones best round. Can’t believe gus ate like 3 clean head kicks

Back