Gustafsson was robbed against Jones

When has a Gus fan said he beat Rumble?

You're also delusional to think people can't disagree on a decision.

It's okay, you'll start to understand MMA sooner or later, you're new so we won't hold it against you.

Trying to win a discussion not understanding my post but playing the "join date" card, like this account shows how long ive been watching MMA or being on Sherdog.

Its okay, you'll start to understand how to argue sooner or later.

Some rounds were closer than others, but I stand by what I said. The only round I truly struggled with scoring was 3. Gus fought a very good fight but I can't see how anyone can give him 3 rounds. 1 and maybe 3. That's it.

This fight (like so many of them) is a perfect example of why the 10pt, round by round system is worthless for MMA. All everyone does is try to dissect close rounds. If you score the fight as a whole, only one guy came close to finishing the fight and he was the same guy who was imposing his will at the end. That's Jones.

People say Pride's scoring fights as a whole put too much emphasis on the end of the fight but to me that's as it should be because that's how a real fight goes. It's not who looks flashy at the start but who finishes well.

Yeah you can argue 1,2,3, and even 4 for Gus but 1 is the only clear round

I haven’t watched Shogun/Machida in a minute but i remember scoring it 4-1 Shogun pretty clearly

I legit thought Bruce buffer said the wrong name at first

For sure, I was so grateful he got the rematch and KHTFO lol

Lol

Yeah he sure was. Because he just beat him down for five rounds and took no damage. It’s not like he almost got finished in the fourth. It’s not like they were beating the crap out of each other for the majority of the five rounds. Yeah it was pure robbery. What a terrible decision.

This fight (like so many of them) is a perfect example of why the 10pt, round by round system is worthless for MMA. All everyone does is try to dissect close rounds. If you score the fight as a whole, only one guy came close to finishing the fight and he was the same guy who was imposing his will at the end. That's Jones.

People say Pride's scoring fights as a whole put too much emphasis on the end of the fight but to me that's as it should be because that's how a real fight goes. It's not who looks flashy at the start but who finishes well.
agreed, and in that case i would give it to Jones. but even then, the motherfucker could barely walk. i wish people could see this fight as it really was - an epic clash between the unbeatable and a guy with the style to beat him, that ended undecided after half an hour of back and forth war.

Trying to win a discussion not understanding my post but playing the "join date" card, like this account shows how long ive been watching MMA or being on Sherdog.

Its okay, you'll start to understand how to argue sooner or later.

I don't argue with someone who doesn't understand that Rumble TKO'd Gus and not one fan ever thought Gus beat Rumble.

That's why I said new fan actually.

There are people with a much higher number of posts that spew shit, that is not why I said you know little lol

I will clear up some of the confusion I imagine exists in this thread. Admittedly haven't read it though.

1. A fight can be razor close and still be a "robbery". All that word implies is that the victory was stolen from the fighter that shoulda won. So if a person thinks Gus shoulda won, then Gus' victory was robbed; thus it was a robbery.

2. Rounds 1-3 were all very close. You could clearly make a case for either fighter in any of these rounds. They were all even striking matches. Round 1 was favorable to Gus in the narrative, in that he got a takedown, and stuffed Jones', and cut Jones. But in terms of actual offense, it was a very close round. Make sure you don't live and die by the commentary's narrative.

3. Round 4 was as close as rounds 1-3 for the first half of the round. Gus wasn't winning it like many people claim. However, Gus' best minute of the fight came around that round's halfway point. He started taking more chances, and they were paying off. Unfortunately for him, they also led to Jones landing the best strike of the fight; that elbow. Then, Jones poured on additional offense, even if some of it missed like TS claimed. In my opinion, what Jones did at the end of that round trumps Gus' dominant minute.

Round 5 was a Jon Jones round, a point which everyone seems to agree about. I think Jones deserves the win for the end of round 4 and for round 5. The rest of the fight was even. Let's hope they rematch at some point before Jones inevitably goes to prison for murder.

Gus probably won, but if he wanted to be sure.. Finish the fight..then it's undisputed.

I will clear up some of the confusion I imagine exists in this thread. Admittedly haven't read it though.

1. A fight can be razor close and still be a "robbery". All that word implies is that the victory was stolen from the fighter that shoulda won. So if a person thinks Gus shoulda won, then Gus' victory was robbed; thus it was a robbery.

That's ridiculous and renders the word totally useless. Robberies are fights like Sanchez over Pearson where almost everyone is united in thinking the guy who lost had it stolen by incompetent judges.

Close fights that can go either way are never robberies.

Jesus Christ, the fight was 5 years ago. No one gives a shit anymore, and complaining about it won't change the result.

That's ridiculous and renders the word totally useless. Robberies are fights like Sanchez over Pearson where almost everyone is united in thinking the guy who lost had it stolen by incompetent judges.

Close fights that can go either way are never robberies.
Who do you think won Sanchez/Pearson?

Are you talking about that fight where Gus ran most of the fight like a scared bitch? Are you talking about that fight where Gus got rocked and nearly finished? Are you talking about that fight where Jones beat Gus with a broken toe? You know, the toe that he broke off in the fight with Chael only a COUPLE OF MONTHS before fighting Gus? A handicap Jones still beat a 100% overrated Gus at his own game.

Last edited:
1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

<Cage33>

Who do you think won Sanchez/Pearson?

Pearson easily but Sanchez got the decision. It's regarded as one of the bigger robberies. Even Dana called the decision insanity.

It could have been a DRAW withouth much bitching

But is also true deep inside everybody aside Gus think Jon will have won a rematch

Maybe if we keep beating this dead horse long enough it'll earn Gus another title shot.

Well Jones was roided his whole career so a clean Gus beat up a roided Jones so much he couldnt walk was bleedning from eyes mouth ears after the match shaking puking. You tell me who won now.

Back