Gustafsson was robbed against Jones

This fight (like so many of them) is a perfect example of why the 10pt, round by round system is worthless for MMA. All everyone does is try to dissect close rounds. If you score the fight as a whole, only one guy came close to finishing the fight and he was the same guy who was imposing his will at the end. That's Jones.

People say Pride's scoring fights as a whole put too much emphasis on the end of the fight but to me that's as it should be because that's how a real fight goes. It's not who looks flashy at the start but who finishes well.

Cheers. I agree with all of that. Everyone likes to post the post-fight pics as proof Gus won. Some people just cut, bruise, and swell up easier than others. Watch the fight and it's clear that Bones hurt Gus way more than Gus ever hurt him. Besides that, he soundly bested him for most of the fight.

the fight was very,very,very,veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery close.

I hate Jones and don't count his wins because of steroids but he clearly won by one point based on the scoring system. Its super easy to see. If you can't see how Jones clearly won then you probably can't see Toriyamas asspulls jn Dragon Ball Super either.

Jones-Gustafsson-stats2.jpg
This is why significant strikes are stupid. Literally every single strike landed by both of Them was deemed significant

I'm beginning to think Gus is better at losing a competitive fight against an elite fighter than to actually beating one.

1 and 3 were clear Gus imo.

But Jones won 2 and 5. He stole round 4 by rocking Gus with the hellbow

I knew it then and I still know it now.

And Gus is my favourite fighter.
This right here. 4 minutes of good work or a hellbow were the decider in round 4.

Look man. Nobody is going give the challenger the nod when he fades that bad. Especially when you make the champ chase you.

Plenty saw it either way, but what's not in doubt now is that he was on steroids in that fight:

Yet he passed the same tests that Gus did at the time. Just like Jones passed the same tests that DC did in their first fight while both had testosterone levels like little girls or old men. They both passed CIR testing for that fight yet you see people claiming Jones was on roids for both. He may very well have been but pretending Jones is dirty while the other guys are clean is bogus when they passed the same tests.

Basically people like to delude themselves and pretend it's only the guys they dislike who are cheating and their favorites are all clean.

I never say 100% but I believe most, if not all, of the guys at the top level are or have been on something.

Bones took it in the 4th. AG had a great fight but he fell short.

Look man. Nobody is going give the challenger the nod when he fades that bad. Especially when you make the champ chase you.
Exactly, all the Jones haters purposely forget to mention how much Gus ran like a scared bitch in that fight.

I wouldn't give jon the second. He took much more punishment than he gave.

It wasn't a robbery, but it's a fight I cerainly scored for Gus. It's an absolute joke there was no immediate rematch.

Back