Gus: DC Played It Safe By Picking Miocic

gus feels like he's entitled to a title shot based off of what?? why doesn't gus move up in weight and fight a top 5 hw and then challenge the winner of stipe and dc

He got his title shot vs DC coming off a brutal KO loss in his home country to Rumble.

Well not exactly.
Fighting Miocic, win of lose he will remain the LHW champ.
So in that sense he is correct.

but Gus needs to STFU.
He fights once a year and wants to be the top contender by talking trash.
It shouldn't happen like that.
Fucking fight, beat top contenders then get a rematch with DC.

Gus was ranked the 1st contender when he beat Glover who was ranked 2nd, and Gus is currently still ranked the 1st. How is this so difficult to understand..

DC has plenty to lose, this isn't a video game. A couple clean shots by Stipe might crack DC's chin for good.

"some brain cells" are a pretty big deal for a guy on the cusp on 40 if he gets his ass beat badly enough that might be the end of his career

and Gus is really the last person to chastise DC about playing it safe

Well, we know for a fact what kind of beating DC already suffered by Gus. With Stipe we can only speculate at this point.

The Gus fight would be stupid to take. He's lost half his fights and only had 4 in the past 3 years. He couldn't break the top 3 and already lost to DC. Try fighting instead of begging for relevance. Glover is your best win. I don't get how this guy has fans.

gus feels like he's entitled to a title shot based off of what?? why doesn't gus move up in weight and fight a top 5 hw and then challenge the winner of stipe and dc

Based of his ranking as a 1st contender with a win over 2nd contender.

Well he's wrong there also. I love how every time a fighter gets an opportunity, they are all of a sudden "playing it safe". DC cleaned out his division, and earned a HW title shot. It's a great opportunity, and one that has a fall back plan even if he loses. There isn't a single person on the roster that wouldn't also take the opportunity. Simply calling it the "playing it safe" move is completely ridiculous.

GSP wouldn't take that opportunity. Demetrious Johnson wouldn't take that opportunity. You're overanalyzing here. He's not risking his title, which is the main point Gus was making.

I think Gus is delusional in thinking he's owed a title shot, and I don't agree with him in general here, but people are over reacting.

Gus was ranked the 1st contender when he beat Glover who was ranked 2nd, and Gus is currently still ranked the 1st. How is this so difficult to understand..
Are you slow?
I am not saying anything technically difficult for you to comprehend, so keep it up.
It is not that hard, kid.

How did Volkan bypassed Gus then?
Gus needs to fight more than once a year. he has fought once a year for the past 5 years. He need to remain active or else he is irrelevant (out of sight, out of mind).

Dude cant help but make himself look BAD.

Faded against Jon and started running away in the champion rounds
Got decapitated by Rumble and considered retirement
Couldn't get the job done against ancient little DC

and still manages to say shit like this..

Are you slow?
I am not saying anything technically difficult for you to comprehend, so keep it up.
It is not that hard, kid.

How did Volkan bypassed Gus then?
Gus needs to fight more than once a year. he has fought once a year for the past 5 years. He need to remain active or else he is irrelevant (out of sight, out of mind).

He was injured, but he would have been ready to fight DC in May, which would have made him 2 fights in the past year, but DC moved up.

I've already watched the top 3 smash him. He can sit and wait for a #1 contender shot imo.

Pay attention of him smashing prime DC and prime Jones just as bad, maybe then you will understand.

He was injured, but he would have been ready to fight DC in May, which would have made him 2 fights in the past year, but DC moved up.
He fought once in 2013
He fought once in 2014
He fought twice in 2015
He fought once in 2016
He fought once in 2017

Look, I like Gus... to this day I still think he beat Jon Jones and should have been the champ.

But this is not enough to remain relevant.

Pay attention of him smashing prime DC and prime Jones just as bad, maybe then you will understand.

Yup those are 2/3 he lost I'm referencing... You feel he should get an auto title shot?

Pathetic thing to say. Coming ftom a huge Gus Fan.

DC is playing it safe in the sense he has nothing to lose by fighting for the HW title. If he loses it's not a big deal.

Gus is 3-3 in his last 6 fights with 2 of his wins against people that haven't beaten anyone. He needs to stop crying and start fighting.
Gus got his first shot against DC after beating out-of-prime Shogun, then going 1-2 off Rumble's KO. This time he is 2-2 coming off a win against Glover.

He fought once in 2013
He fought once in 2014
He fought twice in 2015
He fought once in 2016
He fought once in 2017

Look, I like Gus... to this day I still think he beat Jon Jones and should have been the champ.

But this is not enough to remain relevant.

Blame the UFC for ranking him constantly as the 1st contender, if you dont like it. Ofc Gus is trying to make the best of it, any fighter would do the same.

Gus was ranked 1st when he took a pointless stay busy fight and risk vs then unbeaten Manuwa because Jones wanted to fight Glover instead of rematching Gus. He could have just waited his rematch but he fought Manuwa. Then he took another risk and stay busy fight as a 1st ranked contender against Rumble after Cormier had gotten the title shot vs Jones which was originally supposed to be Gus` rematch (Gus was again injured). Gus could have ducked Rumble and just wait his title shot, but he did not. Then last year he again took a non title fight as a 1st contender vs the 2nd ranked Glover.

He has accepted three times a non title fight as a 1st ranked contender since his fight vs Jones. People saying Gus does nothing but wait for title shots are just ignorant with short memories.

DC doesn't have anything to lose in this fight and EVERYTHING to gain. So in a sense he's right, however there isn't much from DC at LHW either. It was the smart choice for DC more so than the safe choice. Stipe's a tougher fight than anyone at LHW.

Back