Gus: DC Played It Safe By Picking Miocic

Gus showing early signs of CTE.

Normal considering...

Anthony%2BJohnson%2BDestroys%2BAlexander%2BGustafsson%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B14%2BStockholm.gif

I will never understand why Gus has so many “fans” here. He is the saltiest fighter, always bitch and complains yet only fights once a year. If he was a black or Brazilian fighter he would be hated here.

Careerwise, yes; face-wise, hell no.

He played it safe by going up a weightclass to fight the most dominant champion in UFC HW history - instead of fighting a guy he already beat?

Gus is delusional.

Also, what some people forget is that DC handpicked Volkan for an easier title defense.

Now, that's not the case here. But I can understand why Gus feel like he's being avoided.

I used to wonder why people attack Gus so much.

I can see why.

Gus has become a whiner and he's good not great. Stipe is much more dangerous than Gus could ever be

Exactly. It's not that hard to get what he means.

I think Sherdoggers actually WANT to misunderstand him at this point. It's bizarre.
i honestly believe they dont have any reading comprehension. I blame this new age of emoji's. i feel it has turned our younger generation into reading idiots, and unfortunately, all the routine posters here are young-ins.

Yeah, it is really stupid and gutless for DC to go for a super BIG payday with the baddest man on the planet. Instead he should fight your butt again Gus. STFU already Gus.

View attachment 354779
tenor.gif
Trying to Fight Luke Rockhold is playing it safe. Fighting Stipe is putting your life on the line.

Well not exactly.
Fighting Miocic, win of lose he will remain the LHW champ.
So in that sense he is correct.

but Gus needs to STFU.
He fights once a year and wants to be the top contender by talking trash.
It shouldn't happen like that.
Fucking fight, beat top contenders then get a rematch with DC.

LOL I'm not a big DC fan but geezus, the guy has been fighting 2 or even 3 times as often as Gustafsson. All Gus wants to do is sit around and wait for undeserved title shots.

Look, I'm not a big Gus fan by any stretch, but he's NOT saying Stipe is an easy fight.... this isn't rocket science, I feel like some of you are either dumb as a fucking brick or intentionally being obtuse here. He's saying that DC is playing it safe with the matchup, either way he holds his LHW belt and has a great opportunity to become a 2 division champ and increase his "market share" if you will. Rather than defend his belt against a tough challenger, he left the weightclass for a high-profile PPV fight in which he's an underdog.

Gus is right for the most part./ DC has nothing to lose fighting for the HW title (besides some brain cells if Stipe knocks him out). For DC it makes the most sense. He doesn't have to worry about losing his belt and gets a chance to be a two division champ.

exactly. finally someone understood what Gus meant lol

Playing it safe is sitting on your ass counting on title shots. Stay active Gus, you're not relevant right now with your 2 fight streak in 2,5 years.

Bruh, Gus is really starting to get on my nerves. If you've been counting on that fight all this time, why the hell have you been doing nothing to hype it up?! What a dummy. Meanwhile, while DC is going up to HW, Gus is picking fights with MW's. Son, stfu. Gus is an idiot.

It is playing it safe. As for not risking his belt = still will have champion payment even if he loses he will still have lhw belt. So nothing to lose by fighting Stipe. Dosnt matter if Stipe is more dangerous.

A few people understand and have stated what he meant but here it is again. If he wins DC wins the HW title, if he loses he is still LHW champion and people give him credit for at least taking the fight with Stipe. Gus isn't saying Stipe is an easy fight.
i honestly believe they dont have any reading comprehension. I blame this new age of emoji's. i feel it has turned our younger generation into reading idiots, and unfortunately, all the routine posters here are young-ins.
the vast majority of people of any age group have poor reading comprehension.

Back