Gunman Arrested at Phoenix Comicon Wanted to Kill Green Power Ranger

I hope not. Sometimes you just have to accept that life is never going to be a 100% safe endeavor.

Probably going to incovenience America more. Due to the prevalence of guns, spree shooters, and getting sued.

I'm not American, or interested in Cosplay, but just commenting.

But the Green Ranger was the best Power Ranger. I could understand wanting to off the Blue Ranger cause he was shit.

[QUOTE="shadow_priest_x, post: 130338433, member: 181584"

Also, I'm especially WTFing at "he had set a calendar reminder in his phone for May 25 to 'kill JDF comicon.'"

Just an item on his to-do list. . .[/QUOTE]

Lol that is brilliant.
Like he was going "hmm... I feel like I am forgetting something... hold on, let me check my reminder"

For real, dude was a complete nut.

..Also who'd try and fight with Tommy? That's like the last person you'd mess with at comic-con.
powerrangers-kicks.gif
lol at the guy in the back ground

Oh My God.... This Is Horrible...

Phoenix Has Their Own ComicCon?!?

It's crazy ( no pun intended) to think how many off there med nutjobs are out there, willing to throw there lives away cause they are delusional.

He was lucky the cops shown up or else JDF would have spin kicked his ass to oblivion

The nutjob was clearly sick but I am sure even he knows how a gun works. Do I need to remind you it's a ranged weapon??

Would be rawesome if he spin kicked the bullets back at him though. Maybe he was hoping to have death by JDF suicide.

Was JDF actually stabbed 15 yrs ago? And by this guy? Or is he completely delusional?

If he wanted to kill the brown power ranger, would it be considered a hate crime?

He had a reminder on his phone lol. Id almost bet my house on the fact that this guy went through his life with grudges like that but never did anything. Cops of course wont release it but Id be very curious to know what they find at his house. Im sure he had a few "lists" and was daydreaming every day about this or that yet never doing anything. Someone might say "until he does". IMO no, hes past the age where social circum. would push him, he was just a odd nerd fantasizing (sp?).

Gunman Arrested at Phoenix Comicon Wanted to Kill the Police and Green Power Ranger

Jason-David-Frank-1000x390-Dragonlord.png

A man armed with loaded handguns and a shotgun was arrested at Phoenix Comicon yesterday and told police he intended to kill “bad” police officers as well as Jason David Frank, the actor known for being the Green Power Ranger who is attending the convention, according to court documents.

The judge set 31-year-old Mathew Sterling’s bail at $1 million and he is facing charges of attempted murder, three counts of aggravated assault, resisting arrest, carrying a weapon in a prohibited place, and wearing body armor during the commission of a felony, according to the Phoenix police.

The police report obtained by the Arizona Republic states Sterling “believes that there are police officers that have kind faces in uniform but they can be bad officers,” and he “would use violence against them if it meant he needed to protect his friends.”

Sterling allegedly told police he was the Punisher, and that the firearms were for “self defense in case officers gave him trouble and that he would shoot to kill.”

But his vendetta against cops was only one reason for his attendance, according to police who said he intended to kill Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank.

The police report states that Sterling told them he stabbed the potential victim 15 years ago at an event and wanted to “finish the job.”

At Sterling’s initial court appearance, Maricopa County prosecutor Ed Leiter said he had set a calendar reminder in his phone for May 25 to “kill JDF comicon.”

“He exhibited a dramatic threat to the community beyond police officers, beyond Jason David Frank,” Leiter said. “A number of other people were referenced as possible targets or people he wanted to kill.”

No one was hurt at the event and Phoenix Comicon organizers have since heightened security measures for the duration of the weekend.

Including restricting the entrances and increasing security at the checkpoints, Convention Director Matthew Solberg said in an email prop weapons would be prohibited at the event.

Phoenix Comicon Gunman Allegedly Wanted To Kill Police And Green Power Ranger Actor

I hate articles like these. The most important and interesting part of the article. The question of why he wanted to kill him is left out.

I hate articles like these. The most important and interesting part of the article. The question of why he wanted to kill him is left out.

Maybe because he's crazy? You can't deduce that yourself from reading the article?

Maybe because he's crazy? You can't deduce that yourself from reading the article?

Crazy people have crazy reasons. I wanted to know his. Did he feel slighted by him? Did he think he was illuminati?

This is so fucking random. The dude obviously needs to be in a mental institution.

Was JDF actually stabbed 15 yrs ago? And by this guy? Or is he completely delusional?

I listened to the press conference. Green Ranger said he's never been stabbed before and has had no known interaction with the guy before.

Dude is just jelly green got to smash Kimberly

Back