Guitar Players

I'm a strat guy. Really like old Ibanez Roadstars.
Carl Verheyen is the best all-around guitarist I've heard. He can play every style like an expert. Jazz, Country, Rock whatever.

Too many? You need more.

I've got an MXR dynacomp, a fuzz face clone, a tubescreamer clone, a boss OD1 clone, a red llama, a Ross phase distortion, a ross flanger, a boss chorus clone, and a bucket brigade delay. I'm always looking for something new to buy or build.

oh, maybe i worded that wrong, too many - as in too many to list.... just listed whats in the rotation atm.

Here's the list of what I've got in total:

tuners/EQ ets

Boss Tu-3 - tuner
Boss NS-2 - noise suppressor
Boss GE7 - equalizer
Boss LS-2 - A/B A+B line selector
DOD FX10 - bi-fet preamp

Distortion Pedals

EH - Metal Muff
Maxon - Distortion Master
Boss SD-1 - super overdrive
Boss DS-2 - turbo distortion
EH Big Muff - Pi
Boss Metal Zone II - distortion
Mooer Black Secret - distortion
Fulltone Ultimate Octave - distortion with octave up fat/bright option.
Danelectro Daddy O - distortion

Standard Effects

EH Memory man + hazarai - delay
MXR Phase 90 - phaser
Dunlop wah wah
Digitech EX-7 pedal - expression factory multi effects wah/roto/distortion/whammy etc
Boss PH-2 - super phaser
Biyang tonefancier PH-8 - phaser
Mooer - pure octave
Boss CS-3 - Compression/Sustainer

oh, maybe i worded that wrong, too many - as in too many to list.... just listed whats in the rotation atm.

Here's the list of what I've got in total:

tuners/EQ ets

Boss Tu-3 - tuner
Boss NS-2 - noise suppressor
Boss GE7 - equalizer
Boss LS-2 - A/B A+B line selector
DOD FX10 - bi-fet preamp

Distortion Pedals

EH - Metal Muff
Maxon - Distortion Master
Boss SD-1 - super overdrive
Boss DS-2 - turbo distortion
EH Big Muff - Pi
Boss Metal Zone II - distortion
Mooer Black Secret - distortion
Fulltone Ultimate Octave - distortion with octave up fat/bright option.
Danelectro Daddy O - distortion

Standard Effects

EH Memory man + hazarai - delay
MXR Phase 90 - phaser
Dunlop wah wah
Digitech EX-7 pedal - expression factory multi effects wah/roto/distortion/whammy etc
Boss PH-2 - super phaser
Biyang tonefancier PH-8 - phaser
Mooer - pure octave
Boss CS-3 - Compression/Sustainer
That's more like it.

I actually just sold my guitar like 2 weeks ago now because I stopped playing it almost entirely. I've been playing guitar for about 12 years or so now, but I just kind of lost my love for it. I'm just not really into it anymore but honestly, if I had a better guitar, I would not have sold it. I had an Ibanez RG321MH and it wasn't a bad guitar, but I was just kind of sick of it. It didn't sound that great to me, didn't seem as nice as I felt it was before when I first got it and all that, I don't know.

I still make my own songs though even though I don't have my guitar anymore. I use a program called Guitar Pro, you just tab stuff in there. You can put as many tracks as you want, guitars, bass, drums, piano/keyboards, brass instruments, flutes n shit like that.. anything you can think of pretty much. For some reason I make my best songs when I'm not actually playing the guitar, I'm better when I'm just writing stuff in off the top of my head. When I'm actually holding my guitar and playing it to make something up, I feel more restricted, I feel limited with it, when I'm not playing it and just making stuff up on the program, I can experiment better that way and I've made my best songs like this, so.

I also needed the money, I needed to sell my guitar because I needed money, times are tough right now. I do plan on getting a new guitar eventually though, obviously, I don't really play anymore right now and said I lost some love for it, but it's really because of some personal issues. I will continue playing guitar for the rest of my life, I'm not going to give up those skills for no reason, I've practiced and spent way too much time of my life playing guitar to just stop, so.

I really want to get an Ibanez S5470 Prestige. I think they're beautiful guitars, I really like the thin body on guitars like this. My last guitar as an Ibanez as I said, but this one is MUCH nicer and overall just better in every way. I'd really like to get this one. I still need to look around and see what else there is that I'd like to get, I've seen some really nice ESP's out there. Metal is my favourite genre, so these are the kind of guitars I'm interested, so. I'd also like to own a white or flat black Schecter Hellraiser C-7FR, I've always liked Schecter, I think they're nice, I like the sound, and I specifically want that one 'cause it's a 7 string and I've never owned a 7 string, so it'd be nice to have just to change things up and widen my playing ability or whatever, you know? 12 years on a 6-string, I gotta change it up!

Here's the Ibanez S5470 Prestige I want, beautiful guitar IMO.

19538_Used_Sabre_S5470_Prestige_Choc_F1124101_a.jpg

And here's the Schecter Hellraiser C-7FR in white and black - which one do you guys prefer?

HellraiserC7_FR_WHT.jpg

HellraiserC7_FR_BLK.jpg

And here's the Schecter Hellraiser C-7FR in white and black - which one do you guys prefer?

HellraiserC7_FR_WHT.jpg

HellraiserC7_FR_BLK.jpg

The black looks a lot cleaner to me.

We all go through hard times man, hopefully things get better. Love for the instrument coming and going is normal. It's the same with almost everything in life.

I was going to make my own thread, but this one should work just fine (not that I'm a guitar player yet). Just picked up a used starter package (generic strat knock off, amp, case, etc) for 60$ CDN to learn the basics on.

When I was a kid, like 12-13, I had a few friends who played guitar and drums, but no one played bass. They eventually convinced me to buy one and learn to play, so I could be their bassist. I hated every minute of it, but as a kid, you just want to fit in with the rest of your friends, and being in a band was suppose to bring on the ladies. Needless to say, after a few months, got sick of playing it, sold it, and never had an urge to play an instrument again.

That is until I watched the Tom Petty documentary Runnin' Down A Dream (which is phenomenal, by the way) the other day, and had a huge desire to try my hand at playing guitar. The band just had such a passion for what they were doing, it was contagious.

So here's hoping that learning to play for my own reasons, will take me to new heights musically. I searched around the Internet and came across justinguitar.com and have been using that as my base.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure this is my longest post ever written on this site

Ibanez RG450 - edge-zero 2 tremelo bridge, locked tuners. (So good, always stayed in tune).
I3si5mg.jpg

Chinese copy - Gibson Les Paul, for $200 (Best natural pickups of all my guitars, i don't know how, the natural resonance is awesome)

If you're after great designs and cheap copy guitars, i can vouch my Les Paul sounds great.
Go here: www.dhgate.com/‎
hZcO0kP.jpg

B.C Rich Villain Escape 7- String (cgcfadd for open string echos, and top gauge heavy grooves)
DRqfyeJ.jpg

Run a blackstar i.d. Series 100watt head & cab
Also have Orange Dual Terror 30watt, & Digitech Whammy ver.2
& my bands shit is in my youtube link in my sig.

I'd also like to own a white or flat black Schecter Hellraiser C-7FR, I've always liked Schecter, I think they're nice, I like the sound, and I specifically want that one 'cause it's a 7 string and I've never owned a 7 string, so it'd be nice to have just to change things up and widen my playing ability or whatever, you know? 12 years on a 6-string, I gotta change it up!

HellraiserC7_FR_WHT.jpg

I got a 7-string for the same reason you're thinking of. Some of my favourite bands play 7 strings and i'm always a sucker for chugging lazily on the low strings.

I would get one but only if you have the money, and always go white. (easier to see on stage/see pics ^^^)

I play in drop C and can do 2 different tunings to keep it simple if i still want to play in C.
Double drop c, both top low strings C, or double open high strings. So open gives a chorus effect.

When I was a kid, like 12-13, I had a few friends who played guitar and drums, but no one played bass. They eventually convinced me to buy one and learn to play, so I could be their bassist. I hated every minute of it, but as a kid, you just want to fit in with the rest of your friends, and being in a band was suppose to bring on the ladies. Needless to say, after a few months, got sick of playing it, sold it, and never had an urge to play an instrument again.

So here's hoping that learning to play for my own reasons, will take me to new heights musically. I searched around the Internet and came across justinguitar.com and have been using that as my base.

You're already ahead with playing bass and playing in a band, so your timing and structure will be ahead of a beginner.
Just need to find that band or guitarist that inspires you for riffs.

I wish i had youtube channels when i was having lessons, my teacher taught me tabs instead of scales so i had to learn then on my own after i found out how much they were needed for song writing.

The Guitarworld channel has lots of lessons from artists breaking down riffs of their songs & also giving theory lessons.
https://www.youtube.com/user/guitarworld

I struggle with writing single note riffs into chords so this lesson helped me.

Last edited:
The black looks a lot cleaner to me.

We all go through hard times man, hopefully things get better. Love for the instrument coming and going is normal. It's the same with almost everything in life.

I was going to make my own thread, but this one should work just fine (not that I'm a guitar player yet). Just picked up a used starter package (generic strat knock off, amp, case, etc) for 60$ CDN to learn the basics on.

That is until I watched the Tom Petty documentary Runnin' Down A Dream (which is phenomenal, by the way) the other day, and had a huge desire to try my hand at playing guitar. The band just had such a passion for what they were doing, it was contagious.

I'm pretty sure this is my longest post ever written on this site

This is a pretty long post, it's puts your self-proclaimed longest post to shame, bruh! I always make long ass posts though, everybody knows 'That209' for his overly long posts, lol.

I really like the outline on the white guitar, but if I had to choose, I'd probably go with the black one or I would find a different colour altogether, like the Ibanez picture that was above the white and black Schecter's.

About when you said you didn't enjoy playing bass, that's understandable. To me, guitar is far more enjoyable because you can do so much more with it, the sound is so much more appealing. I do love bass still, my brother is a bass player and I've obviously played it a lot over the years, but I'm a guitarist, not a bassist, doesn't mean I'm not very good at bass still though because I've been playing guitar for over 10 years now and play some very advanced stuff.

I actually wanted to play drums instead of guitar, but my parents bought me a guitar during the summer after 5th grade. They didn't want to get me drums because they're obviously way too loud and far more expensive than a starter guitar, but I'm quite glad they got me a guitar instead because you can do so much with it, the sound is very appealing, and it has made me into a very good musician. I'm not trying to brag or anything like that, but the reason I can even make legitimate songs is because I got a guitar instead of drums. I've made hundreds and hundreds of songs, ranging from a wide variety of different genres. I'm self-taught, which in my opinion can actually be a lot better for somebody who learning to play guitar.

If you go get guitar lessons, the teacher will mostly just teach you their style. If you're self-taught, you can experiment way more and it can help with your creativity, believe it or not. Not that lessons are a bad thing, I'm all for it, it can help you play the instrument correctly and at a quicker pace, but I'm glad I learned by myself. My best friend got lessons and even though he already knew how to play guitar pretty decently (I showed him the basic aspect of it), even he felt the same way about lessons and being self-taught, being self-taught will help you experiment and be more creative and such.

Anyway, if you want some tips, just send me a PM or something. I have something that might be able to help you out. It helped me a lot over the years, it really helped my playing ability, I improved tons because of it and made some amazing songs because of it.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, send me a PM sometime. Hopefully the info I give you will help you as much as it helped me both with playing ability and writing ability.

I got a 7-string for the same reason you're thinking of. Some of my favourite bands play 7 strings and i'm always a sucker for chugging lazily on the low strings.

I would get one but only if you have the money, and always go white. (easier to see on stage/see pics ^^^)

I play in drop C and can do 2 different tunings to keep it simple if i still want to play in C.
Double drop c, both top low strings C, or double open high strings. So open gives a chorus effect.

Yeah, I mostly just want a 7-string because I've been playing on 6-string for well over 10 years now. I want to try something new, I want to be able to make up some new songs with a 7-string (metal music, obviously) and would also like to learn some songs from other bands that use 7-string.

I usually have/had my guitar in drop B or A, I've always liked having it really deep like that. Most of the songs I've made are in that tuning, but sometimes I like making songs that kind of similar to Protest The Hero, so I like to go to 1/2 step down from standard or whatever, just like they do, it just seems right. I rarely changed my tuning though, so I mostly just kept it low.

I make all my songs in Guitar Pro (I'm sure you've heard of it before), and I can't remember if I wrote this here, but I actually make all my songs without actually playing guitar. I'll just be tabbing things into Guitar Pro and the reason that is, is because I can experiment more and be more creative. If I'm trying to make something up on guitar and then tab it, I feel more limited, I don't know why. All the songs I tab, I'm able to play, but for some reason I just make my best stuff up if I don't even have a guitar in my hands.

So, ever since I noticed I make my best stuff without a guitar in my hands, I just stopped actually making stuff up with my guitar unless I was just doing random shit if I was really bored or something, sometimes I'd come up with something cool when actually playing, but not as good as just randomly tabbing away on GP.

I sold my guitar recently because I needed money, but it doesn't really matter at the moment. I'll get another guitar eventually, a much better one, but I can still make good songs on GP in the meantime so it's all good. It doesn't make much of a difference, I didn't even play my guitar that often anymore because.. well, I already told you why, I make my best songs without one and then basically just actually play it later.

Guitar Pro is really, really useful. It has helped my playing ability, I've improved a lot because of it, learned tons of songs because of it, made hundreds upon hundreds of songs over like, a decade long period because of it, etc. I love that program, I've made some amazing music (to a metal crowd) because of it.

Ibanez RG450 - edge-zero 2 tremelo bridge, locked tuners. (So good, always stayed in tune).
I3si5mg.jpg

Chinese copy - Gibson Les Paul, for $200 (Best natural pickups of all my guitars, i don't know how, the natural resonance is awesome)

If you're after great designs and cheap copy guitars, i can vouch my Les Paul sounds great.
Go here: www.dhgate.com/‎
hZcO0kP.jpg

B.C Rich Villain Escape 7- String (cgcfadd for open string echos, and top gauge heavy grooves)
DRqfyeJ.jpg

Run a blackstar i.d. Series 100watt head & cab
Also have Orange Dual Terror 30watt, & Digitech Whammy ver.2
& my bands shit is in my youtube link in my sig.

You're already ahead with playing bass and playing in a band, so your timing and structure will be ahead of a beginner.
Just need to find that band or guitarist that inspires you for riffs.

I wish i had youtube channels when i was having lessons, my teacher taught me tabs instead of scales so i had to learn then on my own after i found out how much they were needed for song writing.

The Guitarworld channel has lots of lessons from artists breaking down riffs of their songs & also giving theory lessons.
https://www.youtube.com/user/guitarworld

I struggle with writing single note riffs into chords so this lesson helped me.

My mind keeps wandering to writing songs, but I can only comfortably play 3 chords. I'll try my hand at song writing in a couple of months, but I did favourite the video. Thanks!

The one thing I miss about bass, is the finger room you have for your fretting hand. My fat finger tips keep touching other strings they're not suppose to

Last edited:
I'm picking up my second guitar (already) tomorrow. A cheap acoustic for another 60$. Can't complain with all I'm getting for 120$!

My mind keeps wandering to writing songs, but I can only comfortably play 3 chords. I'll try my hand at song writing in a couple of months, but I did favourite the video. Thanks!

The one thing I miss about bass, is the finger room you have for your fretting hand. My fat finger tips keep touching other strings they're not suppose to

With those 3 chords, you can probably play every AC/DC song.

That's what I keep reading everywhere. Haha

Just need more dexterity, so don't force it (it doesn't come with forcing, because that's purely conscious effort. It needs refining of fine motor skills via the subconscious). Just stay loose and have fun, the feel will come.

Regarding your sausage hands, remember there are people alive that literally play guitar with their toes. Fat handed guys are the best at guitar, from what I've seen (must be just practice, is my only explanation)

Woah woah woah. I said I have fat finger tips. My hands are nice and slender.

But alright that's good to know. I'm hoping my finger dexterity and what not comes before I lose all hope of being able to play guitar at a functioning level. Staying loose/not pressing super hard on strings is pretty tough.

I've gotten the choices of my next guitar down to two. First is the Ibanez rgdix6mpb.

tate-4.jpg

Second is the Ibanez rgir20bfe Iron Label.

imgrc0070121523.jpg

Anyone have either one?

I'm gonna reply to this now, dunno why I waited half a year but o well.

Woah woah woah. I said I have fat finger tips. My hands are nice and slender.

Mighty glad to hear that, I guess I underestimated you. Perhaps one day I may even be able to see you as a human being, one day (perhaps)

But alright that's good to know. I'm hoping my finger dexterity and what not comes before I lose all hope of being able to play guitar at a functioning level. Staying loose/not pressing super hard on strings is pretty tough.

Don't know how much practice you've got in in the last half year, but if you play by yourself to the sound of only your own guitar and nothing else, that's NOT the way to go in my experience.

Playing along to songs, one after another, on a radio/computer/tv, etc., helps you stay loose and not overthink things (like how hard you're pressing) since you're trying to stay in tempo and blend.
You want to concentrate on the music, not your physical complaints (discomfort) and worries of pressure, etc.

Playing to the radio (even songs that aren't your favorite) is one of the easiest and quickest ways to proficiency and overall familiarity, from what I've seen of myself and others. Don't worry about trying to get all the parts exactly right (or always exactly the same way they're done in the song), just be glad when you can make parts sound good or like they belong. Have fun and it will stay fun, rewarding, and you will see progress with the least amount of felt effort and virtually no anxiety (unlike most other methods) that way. Lots of good work will get done without you feeling it.

Anyone else have any good ideas to share, post em here

Last edited:
Been using this pedal for a couple of months now all I've got to say is HOLY SHIT. It's so much fun, I feel like a rockstar whenever i use it. Trying to build my pedalboard now.

Love my Schecter guitar. I'm looking to get this pedal since I like to harmonize my guitar parts. I have so many recorded riffs but just haven't gotten around on putting an actual song together.

7675794_800.jpg

Back