Guitar Players

To all the metal dudes, do you think blues/rock guitars look lame? Teles, hollow bodies, etc. Les Pauls/SGs seem to be in the middle somewhere, but i can't stand the look of most guitars typically used by metal players (ibanez, esp, schecter, etc). I have to imagine it's the same on the other side.

The only guitars I think look lame are flying v's. And I can tolerate the BC Rich Warlocks. But they are kind of corny.

Is the phase 90 a must have? I feel like everyone famous has that on their board
If you hear a phaser on a classic rock album, its probably a phase 90.

The phaser side of my ross phase distortion is pretty much a phase 90 and I use it a fair bit. Must have? hmmm.... IMO if you don't think you need a phaser, you probably don't. They're pretty specific in what they do, so you'd know if you needed one. I guess.

Since we are talking pedals here is my setup for playing live

Infront of the amp
Guitar > Boss TU-2 > Morley Little Alligator Volume Pedal > Maxon OD808 > ISP Decimator

Effects loop > TC Electronic Flashback Delay > BOSS DD6 Digital Delay > TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb

If you hear a phaser on a classic rock album, its probably a phase 90.

The phaser side of my ross phase distortion is pretty much a phase 90 and I use it a fair bit. Must have? hmmm.... IMO if you don't think you need a phaser, you probably don't. They're pretty specific in what they do, so you'd know if you needed one. I guess.

I remember my old guirar teacher saying that he always had it on at a minimum, unnoticeable level to round out his sound.

Just bought 3 Fender strats last week and an old Ibanez RG yesterday, got a bright pink RG already and a gibson Buckethead signature, for amps I just use a marshall 2x12 with a Rowin overdrive, pretty much it.

I have an Ibanez RG 570 and a Gibson Les Paul Standard. I have a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, a Mesa Boogie 4x12 and a Marshall 4x12. I found that the Mesa Boogie speaker cabinet (a election speakers) does a great job with highs and lows, but sounds a bit cold. Having the Marshall cabinet with it warms up the sound a bit by bringing out the kids a little.

My Ibanez is seriously a great guitar. I think I am eventually going to put active pickups in it though. But the Floyd Rose bridge on it is a fucking work of art.

I haven't played either for years and I left the strings on them. I'm hoping the necks are not warped. Not so worried about the Ibanez though because the neck has a steel rod running the length of it.

Hoy I will kill to have an RG570 or any of those old Japan Japan Prestige series.

Hoy I will kill to have an RG570 or any of those old Japan Japan Prestige series.
Yeah, I really wanted the 770. But this was back in high school when I bought it. So I didn't have a ton of money. The 570 is sweet though. Great metal guitar. The tapered neck really makes things a lot easier.

I have an rg570. They're not that expensive... i bought mine new for like $600.

Tremolo system becomes a pain in the ass and the neck is super skinny. It played pretty nice, but it's fragile. Mine cracked where the neck screws in after dropping it once.

way back in 03', i bought this guitar in barcelona:

main_7274.jpg

it's an admira classical. i love the sound of it. i don't know the technical term for it, but it's not a glossy-top, like a lot of classical guitars. it's a wood-top, for lack of a proper term. it has a really deep, rich sound. maybe because the wood it's made from is so light.

this is what the back looks like:

admira-artista-4.jpg

i think it's really nice. even the wood has a nice smell to it lol.

I have an rg570. They're not that expensive... i bought mine new for like $600.

Tremolo system becomes a pain in the ass and the neck is super skinny. It played pretty nice, but it's fragile. Mine cracked where the neck screws in after dropping it once.

It uses the edge bridge right? they its one of the most stable floating bridge.

The only guitars I think look lame are flying v's. And I can tolerate the BC Rich Warlocks. But they are kind of corny.

What's funny was the V's were originally for dudes who were playing jazz and blues.

I think those silly ass Razorback guitars or anything Zakk Wylde/Synister Gates looking guitars are lame as shit. They look goofy as fuck.

My buddy in this other band is endorsed by this company that makes flame looking guitars that look horrible

Flemmy Stardust said:
To all the metal dudes, do you think blues/rock guitars look lame? Teles, hollow bodies, etc. Les Pauls/SGs seem to be in the middle somewhere, but i can't stand the look of most guitars typically used by metal players (ibanez, esp, schecter, etc). I have to imagine it's the same on the other side.

heavy metal dude here.

Tele's look lame. I don't like strats much either.

But, after seeing Alex Lifeson play his hollow body in the old 70s rush videos and seeing buckethead play his huge les paul, I can't fault either of them one bit.

And SGs can definitely be metal as shown--

For pete's sake, Iommi uses one, doesn't get more metal than that.

I do think a lot of "metal" guitars look lame, warlock, flying V, etc. But I LOVE the King V. Probably because I am a very big megadeth fan.

tumblr_mfrjgyspVH1rln3k2o1_500.png

Last edited:
heavy metal dude here.

Tele's look lame. I don't like strats much either.

But, after seeing Alex Lifeson play his hollow body in the old 70s rush videos and seeing buckethead play his huge les paul, I can't fault either of them one bit.

And SGs can definitely be metal as shown--

For pete's sake, Iommi uses one, doesn't get more metal than that.

I do think a lot of "metal" guitars look lame, warlock, flying V, etc. But I LOVE the King V. Probably because I am a very big megadeth fan.

tumblr_mfrjgyspVH1rln3k2o1_500.png

I am okay with a strat but for some reason I hate super strats with floyds if they have a pickguard I just cant stand the pick guard.

Back