GSP take down and grappling techniques?

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
Credit to Bjj scout for some finds but I found some stuff to after studying enjoy and discuss no hate comments allowed but debates are.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 31
Credit to Bjj scout for some finds but I found some stuff to after studying enjoy and discuss no hate comments allowed but debates are.
The thing is that GSP's coach has actually trained wrestling with wrestlers to actually learn to wrestle. Do you are going to see similar type things. The thing about the "folk meta" is that other people have done it before or at the same time as Askren. Notability Cain, DC and Khabib and Edgar. It's just bjj people like Rogan called it "scrambles" because they didn't know what they were looking at

Don't you tell me what to do. I'll hate if I want to. Lucky for you this is a thread on GSP, and I have nothing but love in my heart for the GOAT.

The thing is that GSP's coach has actually trained wrestling with wrestlers to actually learn to wrestle. Do you are going to see similar type things. The thing about the "folk meta" is that other people have done it before or at the same time as Askren. Notability Cain, DC and Khabib and Edgar. It's just bjj people like Rogan called it "scrambles" because they didn't know what they were looking at
Yes indeed randy couture youst to do this as well on difference with askren is that he avoids guarding more when he's in half guard he punches immediately and give them an option to turn into crucifix or ride and he does many different rides to these whilst I agree with your statement and yes many people have done this before and do this I will have to say it was not a meta for them it is just a position askren has actually built a system around the folk meta thanks for posting on this thread as for the other guy he is going to get kicked off this thread soon enough.

Yes indeed randy couture youst to do this as well on difference with askren is that he avoids guarding more when he's in half guard he punches immediately and give them an option to turn into crucifix or ride and he does many different rides to these whilst I agree with your statement and yes many people have done this before and do this I will have to say it was not a meta for them it is just a position askren has actually built a system around the folk meta thanks for posting on this thread as for the other guy he is going to get kicked off this thread soon enough.
Umm how much of Cain and Khabib have you watched?

You can't kick a person off a thread. Welcome to Sherdog.

Yeah but khabib is not really a folk style wrestler and doesn't follow the folk meta he uses inside wrist strips the hip gnp but has no other type of ride and takes back hooks as seen in the Darrell horrcher fight he does use crucifix a lot but has no cross wrist and no tilts he has inside bars yes but almost little to no tilts so no, as far as Cain he rides his opponent yes but he doesn't follow the folk meta
Folk meta=
1. When you see back take ride
2. Punch quickly as soon as your in half take crucifix or ride depending on what way they turn in.
3. Maintain posts using tilts and bars.
Khabib and Cain don't really follow back the meta I agree Cain does the askren ride which is great but khabib does the wrist ride.

Yeah but khabib is not really a folk style wrestler and doesn't follow the folk meta he uses inside wrist strips the hip gnp but has no other type of ride and takes back hooks as seen in the Darrell horrcher fight he does use crucifix a lot but has no cross wrist and no tilts he has inside bars yes but almost little to no tilts so no, as far as Cain he rides his opponent yes but he doesn't follow the folk meta
Folk meta=
1. When you see back take ride
2. Punch quickly as soon as your in half take crucifix or ride depending on what way they turn in.
3. Maintain posts using tilts and bars.
Khabib and Cain don't really follow back the meta I agree Cain does the askren ride which is great but khabib does the wrist ride.
Ok.. serious question, what the fuck is up with bjj people or strikers telling actual wrestlers how their sport and meta works?

Ok first of all, all of the things I mentioned fall under folk style technique and meta. Second, khabib trains with folk style wrestlers Cain and D.C... hmmmm ;)

Just because someone doesn't do it exactly like Askren doesn't mean it doesn't fall under folk meta.. because you see that folk style is a vast sport with a variety of techniques and approaches.. huh who would have thought?:rolleyes:

So question mr genius who understands folk style techniques better than a college wrestler. In the Cain vs Travis Browne fight.. could you explain how Cain used spiral rides, wrist control and riding turtle to beat the fuck out of Browne? And keep him down? Please tell me about the principles of the figure-4 leg ride he used to keep Brown's hips locked and him flat on his stomach with minimum effort.. all of which fall directly under folk style meta applied directly to mma and ground and pound..

Do you actually want help discussing and understanding this stuff? Or do you want to get pedantic and act like an expert because you watched a few videos? I'm actually not being sarcastic or mean.. I'm actually asking

Oh btw, these videos explain some of the concepts Askren and other folk style guys use (and guys like Khabib). If you're actually willing to learn

Ok.. serious question, what the fuck is up with bjj people or strikers telling actual wrestlers how their sport and meta works?

Ok first of all, all of the things I mentioned fall under folk style technique and meta. Second, khabib trains with folk style wrestlers Cain and D.C... hmmmm ;)

Just because someone doesn't do it exactly like Askren doesn't mean it doesn't fall under folk meta.. because you see that folk style is a vast sport with a variety of techniques and approaches.. huh who would have thought?:rolleyes:

So question mr genius who understands folk style techniques better than a college wrestler. In the Cain vs Travis Browne fight.. could you explain how Cain used spiral rides, wrist control and riding turtle to beat the fuck out of Browne? And keep him down? Please tell me about the principles of the figure-4 leg ride he used to keep Brown's hips locked and him flat on his stomach with minimum effort.. all of which fall directly under folk style meta applied directly to mma and ground and pound..

Do you actually want help discussing and understanding this stuff? Or do you want to get pedantic and act like an expert because you watched a few videos? I'm actually not being sarcastic or mean.. I'm actually asking

Oh btw, these videos explain some of the concepts Askren and other folk style guys use (and guys like Khabib). If you're actually willing to learn

Ok first of you say I looked at a few videos yet you proceed to link me some videos which I already stated tilts and so forth also the fact that your saying khabib a sambo style wrestler and judoka is a folk style wrestler is just silly and stupid everyone has different styles and if you read above I did in fact say that Cain uses some folk meta but not all as for khabib he does not use folk meta he has a wrist ride which is not folk meta and he is a sambo style wrestler so your points are just invalid and minus the profanity teenagers always swearing.

Ok first of you say I looked at a few videos yet you proceed to link me some videos which I already stated tilts and so forth also the fact that your saying khabib a sambo style wrestler and judoka is a folk style wrestler is just silly and stupid everyone has different styles and if you read above I did in fact say that Cain uses some folk meta but not all as for khabib he does not use folk meta he has a wrist ride which is not folk meta and he is a sambo style wrestler so your points are just invalid and minus the profanity teenagers always swearing.
You obviously can't read.. I said Khabib trains with Cain and D.C. Who come from a folkstyle background... where he probably learned that inside Wrist ride. You obviously either have a language problem or don't have any idea what you're talking about beyond what the bjj scout videos taught you.

And ummmm yes lol.. a an inside wrist ride and two on one inside wrist ride used to beak someone down like he did against Micheal Johnson.. is a staple technique in every good college and high school wrestling program.. where on earth do you get off saying it's not folk style??? You obviously don't know what you are talking about

And btw.. I said you learned/looked at the bjj scout videos.. I would take a look at the ones I posted.. not just read the title

And btw.. I said you learned/looked at the bjj scout videos.. I would take a look at the ones I posted.. not just read the title
Well thanks for posting I guess but if you want a debate go on my folk meta thread, also this is a GSP study talk only.

Well thanks for posting I guess but if you want a debate go on my folk meta thread, also this is a GSP study talk only.
I can't describe to yo which thing is the most funny..
  1. That you probably finally realized that the technique vids I posted teach the concepts about folk style you were asking about
  2. The fact that you tried to say that that I called Khabib a folk style wrestler because I said he trains with folk style wrestlers and learned folk techniques from them
  3. The fact that you tried to say inside wrist control used to keep someone down to facilitate turns or punches isn't a part of folkstyle
  4. The fact you tried to tell a wrestling coach who's actually learned and worked out with Ben Askren (not to mention I wrestled in college ;) ).. how folkstyle works and what is or isn't folkstyle technique <45><Lmaoo>
  5. The fact you finally realized all of this and instead of just admitting you were wrong.. you give a half hearted thank you and then say you'd like to "debate" on your other thread
Tell you what. I'm more than willing to help you with folkstyle technique, approaches, etc on that other thread.. buuut :). You have to be willing to learn beyond just what bjjscout says and ask for it.

Or you could try to tell me you know more about all that because you watched bjjscout. Which would be funnier but less helpful to you

I can't describe to yo which thing is the most funny..
  1. That you probably finally realized that the technique vids I posted teach the concepts about folk style you were asking about
  2. The fact that you tried to say that that I called Khabib a folk style wrestler because I said he trains with folk style wrestlers and learned folk techniques from them
  3. The fact that you tried to say inside wrist control used to keep someone down to facilitate turns or punches isn't a part of folkstyle
  4. The fact you tried to tell a wrestling coach who's actually learned and worked out with Ben Askren (not to mention I wrestled in college ;) ).. how folkstyle works and what is or isn't folkstyle technique <45><Lmaoo>
  5. The fact you finally realized all of this and instead of just admitting you were wrong.. you give a half hearted thank you and then say you'd like to "debate" on your other thread
Tell you what. I'm more than willing to help you with folkstyle technique, approaches, etc on that other thread.. buuut :). You have to be willing to learn beyond just what bjjscout says and ask for it.

Or you could try to tell me you know more about all that because you watched bjjscout. Which would be funnier but less helpful to you
The but we're talking MMA here something you know nothing about MMA you've never trained MMA on the other hand I do MMA and things are way different in MMA no one even stated that inside wrist was folk anyways your just looking for an argument how old are you bro your using emojis grow up dude do you want to talk striking lol you have no clue about striking arts nor how to strike nor Jiu jitsu I made a GSP thread which showed some of the thing GSP does then you brought up folk style in this bitch it has no leeway in the topic of this thread therefore your points are invalid and your coming across as a moronic douchebag who thinks to highly of himself who cares wether you trained with askren The thread says GSP stop picking fights. You were clearly insinuating khabib is a folk style wrestler deny all you want dude if you weren't insinuating he is a folk style wrestler then why would you tell me about him training with Cain and dc anyways life's to short to argue with punks like you who are so far up there own ass they can't even comment a simple slideshow instead critique I will respond to others who wish to come on this thread about relevant topics not you.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The but we're talking MMA here something you know nothing about MMA you've never trained MMA on the other hand I do MMA and things are way different in MMA no one even stated that inside wrist was folk anyways your just looking for an argument how old are you bro your using emojis grow up dude do you want to talk striking lol you have no clue about striking arts nor how to strike nor Jiu jitsu I made a GSP thread which showed some of the thing GSP does then you brought up folk style in this bitch it has no leeway in the topic of this thread therefore your points are invalid and your coming across as a moronic douchebag who thinks to highly of himself who cares wether you trained with askren The thread says GSP stop picking fights. You were clearly insinuating khabib is a folk style wrestler deny all you want dude if you weren't insinuating he is a folk style wrestler then why would you tell me about him training with Cain and dc anyways life's to short to argue with punks like you who are so far up there own ass they can't even comment a simple slideshow instead critique I will respond to others who wish to come on this thread about relevant topics not you.
You know.. the fact you interpret me saying that Khabib trains at ATT with former folkstyle wrestlers.. namely Cain and DC and that he uses folkstyle stuff in addition to his regular Sambo stuff.. as me saying he's a folkstyle wrestler tells me how stupid you are and that there is no point in picking apart the rest of that turd of a post

Just a peccadillo, but khabob, luke, and the rest of the gang train at AKA, not, ATT.

I know very little about any of the above (rassling is not my strong suit) but I can say that GSP got his wrestling fundamentals by training with the Russian wrestlers in Montreal whose coach also ran the Canadian Olympic team at some point. This was pre Jackson. I can also add that Firas (his main coach) trained with a group of bad ass Iranian wrestlers (he did not get along with the Russian coach who told him he was to old to ever be "good" at wrestling L O L). That is all I can add, some experience from knowing them both.

I know very little about any of the above (rassling is not my strong suit) but I can say that GSP got his wrestling fundamentals by training with the Russian wrestlers in Montreal whose coach also ran the Canadian Olympic team at some point. This was pre Jackson. I can also add that Firas (his main coach) trained with a group of bad ass Iranian wrestlers (he did not get along with the Russian coach who told him he was to old to ever be "good" at wrestling L O L). That is all I can add, some experience from knowing them both.

Yeah, I actually get extremely annoyed when bjj people say " oh you don't need to learn Wrestling from wrestlers.. look at GSP and Maia.." which completely ignores the fact they put on Wrestling shoes and actually trained WITH wrestlers lol.

So it really becomes funny when people talk or ask about something like folkstyle mat wrestling. You give them videos that explain the fundamental concepts underneath the technique.. and you get "brah, dis is mma.. i don't need to learn from wrestlers" then wonder why they don't get better

Back