GSP: Stylistic wise Nick Diaz beats Woodley

Not taking into account Woodley's extremely high fight IQ.

TD session incoming.

TD session incoming.. where Woodley would still be forced to work extremely hard because of Nick’s constant activity. Woodley would still get tired there. What will he be like in rounds 3-5 when he still slows down after wrestling Nick early on? Woodley has underrated cardio but it’s definitely getting him into trouble against Nick if Nick can still push the pace and take shots like he’s known for. Not saying Nick would win but it’s going to take more than just TD’s. Even GSP said he’d never been that tired in a fight before and that Nick’s BJJ is fucked. Woodley simply doesn’t have the gas to wrestle fuck Nick for 5 rounds. Nor would he be able to play his back into the fence game because that’s exactly where Nick wants you anyway. Nick takes his best shots and overtime slowly drowns him and beats he fuck out of him. Woodley’s best bet is probably f’n wall n stall.

Diaz is a counter striker. Don't you remember the Silva fight? Or the Woodley/Thompson fights?

It would be just like those.

Anderson is bigger. He’s a much better striker, way more weapons. Nick had way more to fear against Anderson than he would against Woodley. Woodley is the perfect kind of opponent Nick can beat.

Diaz brothers are only dangerous when their opponent fights exactly the way they want. Woodley wouldn't get into a boxing match for 5 rounds. It's nonsense from GSP because he only wants fighters he knows he can beat like a Diaz brother.

I think Woodley would go back to his takedowns in a fight with Diaz. Sure, if he didn't, Nick could win. I think he would, though. I think he would brutalize Nick exactly like GSP did.

Style wise Woodley wrestlefucks Diaz into oblivion.

Keep ducking real opponents GSP. Maybe one of the Diaz bros or some random LW wants to fight you.
Except woodley doesn't use his wrestling

If you think about a style that would give woodley problems it’s easy to think that a guy with a great chin and great cardio that just keeps coming with pressure would have a good chance.

Woodley’s best bet would be to hold them down and avoid the fight which to me is kind of a funny thing, the best way to win the fight is to avoid the fight

Cannot believe people are that stupid to think Woodley would not wrestle Diaz if he had to.He would do anything he wants in that fight.
Who gives a flying fuck if he doesn't wrestle much,so that means he can't wrestle right genius?
Jesus...

Don't understand that. T- wood is a welter that has lunch boxes for hands and ONE shot to Nicks face will open up a healthy amount of scar tissue.I mean, past his prime b.j took Nick the distance and did damage.
Nick Diaz just not as good as many make him out to.Great fighter but I really don't consider him elite anymore

I'm not sure they're even pro-athletes anymore.

You can't just run around random shady podcasts on youtube, smoke weed, mumble some shit, and come back a world beater.

That Nick Diaz is gone. And Nate is almost there too.
I disagree with this. Nick does triathlons for fun. He smokes weed but he's no couch potato. I guarantee he's still in great shape and could come back in the same form as when he left.

Anderson is bigger. He’s a much better striker, way more weapons. Nick had way more to fear against Anderson than he would against Woodley. Woodley is the perfect kind of opponent Nick can beat.
Right. Same thing with Condit.

If his opponent doesn't come forward then he isn't going to either. Stop making excuses. Woodley will pick his shots and make it boring the same way he did with Thompson. Counter strikers fighting other counter strikers.

GSP is one of the most tactical and cerebral fighters to ever compete. He raises some good points. The fact that Woodley rarely shoots for takedowns means he would be eating a lot of shots.
He rarely does but when he shoots his double is one of the best in the ufc, nick would be blanketed with ease.

Flat out one of the dumbest posts I have recently read.
Gomi in his prime was easily one of the top strikers. Plus Nick bleeds in every fight. As i recall Nick best him regardless

Nick had surgery after the noons fight to shave his cheekbones and reduce his scar tissue
Lol

Goni was dog shit, had practically no technique

U know nothing

There's not enough white bathrobes lurking in Woodley's imagination to save Diaz.

NATE-TKO.gif

Woodley has been consistently fighting the best welterweights in the world.

Nick has been in Vegas doing appearances and hanging out.

The idea that Nick would come off the couch and beat one of the best welterweights we've ever seen its fairly preposterous. We're assuming at this age, his chin and endurance are still the same, not taking into account how much the MMA game has progressed and how tough inactivity is.

Still, take my money.

He hasn't fight in 3 years, and the last person he did beat with a bloated WW.

GSP is one of the most tactical and cerebral fighters to ever compete. He raises some good points. The fact that Woodley rarely shoots for takedowns means he would be eating a lot of shots.
yes but im pretty sure woodley knows hes fighting nick diaz who isnt known for having takedown defense at an elite level and could coast to a easy decision win i promise you even if his game plan is to strike with diaz woodley has issues with long range fighters like rory who just keeps him at end of his punches woodleys gonna start shooting resorting back to his comfort zone once diaz gets his momentum going

People forgetting Diaz stepped up to fight Anderson fuckin Silva. He eats Woodleys right hand and keeps marching forward.

Back