GSP is not paying rent

Yeah that's sherdog for you. I mean gsp is a top 3 goat and was a dominate champion. No one even came close until Carlos and Hendrix came up and GSP was on the decline and recovering from ACL surgery

I'm not a gsp nut hugger or hater, but I do believe his lack of ability to finish opponents he was dominating has hurt him. That's where T can start surpassing GSP as far as status.

Imagine if T can defend his title ANOTHER 6 times and all finishes. That's pretty impressive if it can be done. But we shall see. In Joe Rogan voice "wHO can stop that man?"
But Woodley's previous 3 fights ended in uneventful decisions.

At least GSP's decisions were action packed and dominant, going into last night Woodley had a decision win, a majority decision win, and a draw. GSP was 50-45 every time during his prime, not even comparable.

Sherdoggers and mma fanboys have always had memory spans of a goldfish, and whoever had a good performance in last night's UFC event, he's automatically compared to the GOAT of his weight class.

I agree. This is a major problem with analysis of the sport. The MMA media are just as bad. Virtually every single PPV sees a media discussion about 'Is X now the greatest Y weight fighter of all time?' or 'Is Fighter A now one of the top P4P fighters ever?' etc.

The recency bias is pervasive - and pathetic. I once saw the same media members anoint four different P4P number 1 fighters in the space of four months. Utterly absurd. Very few media members or fans have any sense of the history of the sport. Considering that the sport has a pretty short history, and almost all of it can be accessed and watched online, that is sad.

No, it was the "Woodley beats any version of GSP" comment.

When some guy who joined this week, over reacts to a fight that happened last night, and dismisses a legend who he's probably never watched fight, then ya you know you're talking to a clueless noob.

This thread in it's entirety.

There ought to be a quiz for people to test if they're actually watching the sport or just got here because Woodley would get wrecked.

Why all the hate ...

Dude did what anyone who already dominated a division and retired would do....come back for a legacy cash crop fight and bounce till the next one pops up

There are some things to say about ELO applied to MMA, but for a sense of proportion, consider this:

1. GSP 25K points
2. Hughes 14K points
3. Woodley 6K points

Hughes is that far ahead of Woodley because he has so many more wins/fights, but GSP has a semi-comparable amount of fights (28 to 23), and the amount of accomplishment and career value is not remotely close.

That's not a slight against Woodley, but rather a mark for just how far ahead of the pack GSP really was in and around his peak.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-welterweight/

The difference in accomplishments is night and day. I don’t think any rational person will argue otherwise. Woodley probably isn’t a top 20 goat. GSP is 1 or 2 without question.

That’s different from arguing prime vs prime though, which I think is a much closer comparison. I do think prime GSP beats Woodley, but I’ll also admit that Tyron is better than anyone GSP fought.

Last edited:
But Woodley's previous 3 fights ended in uneventful decisions.

At least GSP's decisions were action packed and dominant, going into last night Woodley had a decision win, a majority decision win, and a draw. GSP was 50-45 every time during his prime, not even comparable.

This is very true. No doubt that GSP was the most dominant Champ. I mean everyone know that he was going to win 50-45 and John Fitch almost died.

Be interesting to see what T can do in the next few fights. If he puts on some snooze fests he luster will go down too.

Yet he's living in all your heads and you cant stop thinking about him.

Sherdoggers and mma fanboys have always had memory spans of a goldfish, and whoever had a good performance in last night's UFC event, he's automatically compared to the GOAT of his weight class.

It's hilarious to see people compare some dude with like 3 title defenses, to the most dominant champion mma had ever seen.

It's so sad to see you guys speculate how Woodley would beat him, as if GSP is now obligated to come out of retirement any time some shertard claims some WW is better than him.

I remember this conversation for the brief moment Lawler was champ (brief compared to GSP's reign). Now no one even remembers Robbie, but there's still a dozen GSP threads going at all times.

The same will happen with Woodley, maybe this year, maybe next, and then he will be forgotten and you'll all be riding the testicles of whoever beat him and looked good in their last fight.

But guys like that will come and go, and after their 5 minutes of fame they will hardly be mentioned as time goes on, but decades from now, and well beyond that, people will still be talking about GSP.
Gsp shoulda stayed retired then and fans wouldnt be talking

This is very true. No doubt that GSP was the most dominant Champ. I mean everyone know that he was going to win 50-45 and John Fitch almost died.

Be interesting to see what T can do in the next few fights. If he puts on some snooze fests he luster will go down too.
yea every fight ... Your on crack sherbro i remember gsp days the most boring champion to ever live oh yea the johnny hendricks fight he robbed was a 50-45 gtfo kid come on gsp fans are delusional.

Prine Gsp beats Woodley 50 45. Maybe even now

So much truth in this post, shertards won't be able to handle it.
Not really much truth in there...actualy just a gsp dick rider saying false things like he prolly was to young or didnt watch the sport in that era

Woodley today would smoke gsp i think everyone knows this. Gsp ducking any form of a loss cant go back to ww must lay n pray conor.

Not really much truth in there...actualy just a gsp dick rider saying false things like he prolly was to young or didnt watch the sport in that era
All he said was true and the ones riding Woodley are the ones who are probably too young.

yea every fight ... Your on crack sherbro i remember gsp days the most boring champion to ever live oh yea the johnny hendricks fight he robbed was a 50-45 gtfo kid come on gsp fans are delusional.

We're no talking every fight. Talking about during his prime lol. Please, even I know that GSP escaped with his life against Hendrix and Survived one of the sweetest head kicks against Carlos. Not to mention survived Shields Eye pokes that were pretty blatant. Then again pretty damn good considering he had full ACL construction. Most fighters never comeback from that.

George will never fight for another title as long as Dana is involved with the ufc.

That's simply not true. WME-IMG still have more pull than Dana White. Plus, Conor/Khabib could change Dana's mind easily.

Let's say GSP fights Nate Diaz at 155 & wins, which I speculate he might do. Then let's suppose the Conor/Khabib winner calls out GSP, and GSP also wants to fight for the title. Do you think Dana White has the power to prevent that from happening? Not a chance in hell. Conor/Khabib could easily change his mind, and if they don't, WME-IMG will see the easy cash and overrule Dana.

Did you see what Woodley did to Koscheck?

GSP beat Kos in his prime. Kos was soooo washed up when he fought woodley. Washed up mostly because he never recovered from that eye injury that GSP inflicted.

GSP beat Kos in his prime. Kos was soooo washed up when he fought woodley. Washed up mostly because he never recovered from that eye injury that GSP inflicted.
You can speculate it was the eye injury being the reason Woodley KO'd him or maybe Woodley is really good too.

I have tons of respect for GSP as a fighter and champion. He made his legacy in the division but times are changing. Woodley is calling him out and he wont accept the fight. Woodley is also creating a legacy and is doing what GSP did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back