GSP is not paying rent

Lease expires if he doesn't call out Khabib or Conor in the ring next month.

It's hilarious to see people compare some dude with like 3 title defenses, to the most dominant champion mma had ever seen.

It's so sad to see you guys speculate how Woodley would beat him, as if GSP is now obligated to come out of retirement any time some shertard claims some WW is better than him.

Wow, that was quite the emotional rollercoaster TS.

Ducked Whittaker.

Gsp is old news, people noticed he tried to pull the Conor move and fight whoever brings the money but people don't care for his fights like they use to.

4 year return he couldn't even bring in a million.

GSP is better than Tyron every where besides 1 shot KO power. No idea why this is even a discussion.

Ok my bad, he got beat by the guy who went on to fight for the title. Still, prime Woodley lost to Jake Shields and GSPs student, true story.

He got beat by the guy who won the vacant title in that fight.

And the best version of Woodley is the current version because he's there physically and mentally. Beating Woodley right now would mean more than the Woodley that Shields and Rory beat. Which is why people question why GSP doesn't want to fight Woodley. Yes, GSP is the WW GOAT, but if he were to beat Woodley right now, there could be no debate down the line even if Woodley ran off 10 title defenses in a row.

And I'm not a Woodley fan at all

AFAIK Woodley is the best WW we have ever seen. Georges is one of hell of a competitor, but the game has evolved

Hahaha, please elaborate...

I mean aside from the amount of weight guys cut making the average size of each weightclass higher how exactly has the "game" evolved beyond GSPs skill set?

What does Tyron do that GSP or any of his opponents couldn't? Is it the wrestling and punching power cause I'm pretty sure Koscheck and Hendrix both had that.

For that matter Tyron won the belt from Robbie Lawler who has been around longer than GSP and 1 of his three defense's is against Maia who is from GSPs era.

People really need to stop with this " the game has evolved" bullshit to cover up for the fact they don't have a really argument to back there opinion and think this makes them sound smart.

He got beat by the guy who won the vacant title in that fight.

And the best version of Woodley is the current version because he's there physically and mentally. Beating Woodley right now would mean more than the Woodley that Shields and Rory beat. Which is why people question why GSP doesn't want to fight Woodley. Yes, GSP is the WW GOAT, but if he were to beat Woodley right now, there could be no debate down the line even if Woodley ran off 10 title defenses in a row.

And I'm not a Woodley fan at all
I agree with you partially, but the idea that GSP needs to come back and prove himself anytime some WW puts a few wins together is absurd.

Also, I see no goat comparison, Woodley had one convincing title defense out of 4, while GSP was thoroughly convincing every time (minus the Hendricks fight). So even if Woodley does manage another half dozen defenses, which I highly doubt, he’s still not doing it anywhere near the level that GSP was doing it at that stage.

AFAIK Woodley is the best WW we have ever seen. Georges is one of hell of a competitor, but the game has evolved

Woodley’s run to a TS after getting handily beat by Rory was a nice KO of Kim and then a split decision against Gastelum.
Then he had a sick win over Lawler, and then he went on to:

Have a draw against Wonderboy
Win a superclose decision against Wonderboy
Had an uneventful decision win over Maia.
Sick win over Till.

Obviously the guy is a stud and Wonderboy isnt an easy fight for anybody, but how the fuck does that outdo GSP’s many year long, multigenerational, reign of the WW division?

Like I dont get it how you can say that shit sincerely.

Last edited:
I agree with you partially, but the idea that GSP needs to come back and prove himself anytime some WW puts a few wins together is absurd.

Also, I see no goat comparison, Woodley had one convincing title defense out of 4, while GSP was thoroughly convincing every time (minus the Hendricks fight). So even if Woodley does manage another half dozen defenses, which I highly doubt, he’s still not doing it anywhere near the level that GSP was doing it at that stage.

You're gonna bitch and moan when I tell you this, but the Fitch/Kos era of WW was the most overrated in MMA. They fought and beat minimal ranked guys the entire time they were top 3.

Fitch had a long streak, yes I agree, but he fought nobody worthy to be considered the #2 WW.

Koscheck was on a 3 fight win streak in which he picked up the best win of his career, Paul Daley.

The point I was making is that for there to be no debate down the road for WW GOAT talk, Woodley defending 9+ times, GSP could fight him now and end it all tougher. Instead there's talk of him trying to go down to 155 and fight, that's what is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths.

You're gonna bitch and moan when I tell you this, but the Fitch/Kos era of WW was the most overrated in MMA. They fought and beat minimal ranked guys the entire time they were top 3.

Fitch had a long streak, yes I agree, but he fought nobody worthy to be considered the #2 WW.

Koscheck was on a 3 fight win streak in which he picked up the best win of his career, Paul Daley.

The point I was making is that for there to be no debate down the road for WW GOAT talk, Woodley defending 9+ times, GSP could fight him now and end it all tougher. Instead there's talk of him trying to go down to 155 and fight, that's what is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths.
Why would it leave a bad taste? Where does this sense that GSP owes us something come from?

This guy is arguably the greatest fighter to ever enter the octagon, and you want him to come back 6 years after his retirement to prove himself against the current champ who has exactly one impressive title defense to his record?

Win or lose it wouldn’t catapult Woodley into Goat WW status because everyone will just say GSP is washed up now, and a win for GSP would only further confirm what is already common knowledge so what’s his motivation against a guy who can’t sell ppvs?

It’s just stupid and pointless for GSP from every way you look at it, and for Woodley it just sounds like a desperate attempt for a money fight against a guy who’s no longer what he was.

I’m pumped for tyrons single dog. Gon be ill

giphy.gif

Why would it leave a bad taste? Where does this sense that GSP owes us something come from?

This guy is arguably the greatest fighter to ever enter the octagon, and you want him to come back 6 years after his retirement to prove himself against the current champ who has exactly one impressive title defense to his record?

Win or lose it wouldn’t catapult Woodley into Goat WW status because everyone will just say GSP is washed up now, and a win for GSP would only further confirm what is already common knowledge so what’s his motivation against a guy who can’t sell ppvs?

It’s just stupid and pointless for GSP from every way you look at it, and for Woodley it just sounds like a desperate attempt for a money fight against a guy who’s no longer what he was.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say regardless of what GSP does, you'll defend him. So it's pointless discussing this with you.

GSP talking about going to 155 after fighting at 185 is just ridiculous in the first place. The fact that his fans are ok with it makes it even more ridiculous.

The game definitely has not evolved. Darren Till just got a title shot, what more proof do you need?

Back