Fedor's notable title defenses

- Big Nogx1
- CroCrop x1
- AA

Noteable mentions
0 win streak Tim Sylvia
A green K1 Mark Hunt.

Thats it in 7 years.

GSP already has a greater title defense reign in regsrds to quality opponents.

Majority of Fedors TD's were against guys with a 1 win streak and is filled with cans like

Khosaka, Nagata, Fujita, Colemanx2, Randleman, Zulu, HMC, Matt the law Lindland.

"and is filled with cans like"....

These were 'good' fighters, not 'great'.

The only great fighters GSP beat were BJ Penn who was always undersized from a lower weightclass, and Matt Hughes.

Fedor as overrated as he is, beat Nog and Cro Cop.

Anderson smoked Hendo, Vitor and Sakurai.

Lets not even start with Jon Jones.

GSP is one of the GOATS but pointing to the names he beat is not gonna be a good argument for him.

You have to be joking, GSP probably has had the highest strength of schedule difficulty of all time. He has almost as many Top 5 wins as Fedor and Anderson combined.

Let's narrow the race down to two people right off the bat: GSP and Fedor. Anderoid and Boner pills Jones are disqualified due to being caught cheating, MULTIPLE TIMES. I know some of you MIGHT want to throw Mighty Mouse in there, but I find that laughable. He is king in a Bellator tier division, the Hector Lombard of 2017. IF he faces ANY of the top 3 at 135 he is sure to get son'd, which is why he wants nothing to do with those Superfights. He is comfortable being the paper p4p champ, and the UFC is comfortable agreeing with that narrative to keep promoting a weak division they put a lot of time and money into, and don't want to scrap for financial reasons.

But I digress...Why is GSP GOAT? Aside from being the most overall consistently talented and athletic competitor of all time, aside from dominating the 2 guys that beat him in spectacular fashion, showing BOTH the loses were flukes, aside from beating the active champs in 3 divisions, his longevity factors kill any hopes of Fedor being GOAT. This is coming from someone who was Fedor's biggest fanboy in his prime. GSP moved up a weight class and took the belt, after having 3 years off, at roughly the same age that Fedor was losing to a 205 catch weight Dan Henderson and a Werdum whose standup skills were still very rudimentary. If we were to be honest here, BECAUSE of longevity, Werdum is pretty close to Fedor in GOAT status. doesn't beat him, but is in the top ten.

So there you have it, simple and as observable as the sky: GSP is taking belts from bigger guys in the UFC after 35, Fedor is losing to the UFC's bench warmers in Bellator and Strikeforce. I hate to say it, but some things need to be said. As fans of Fedor in his prime, we can't start being as delusional as Anderson fans, we need to accept observable reality. Fedor WAS GOAT, but GSP caught up.

I'm going to go back to this delicious, Columbia roast. If you're wondering, I like my coffee like the GOAT likes his...

legacy. Sweet full of flavor. Cheers.

il_340x270.1343060284_etjw.jpg
TDLR with all due respect just because I don’t think there is a discussion to be made, sorry. He is the undisputed GOAT

You have to be joking, GSP probably has had the highest strength of schedule difficulty of all time. He has almost as many Top 5 wins as Fedor and Anderson combined.

You didn't listen. Fitch is good, not great. Koscheck is good, not great. Diaz is good, not great. Condit is good, not great.

Matt Hughes is great. Henderson is great. Nogueira is great.

Alves? Good, not great.

You see where I'm going with this? Does this start to make sense to you? Is it this concept penetrating that thick head of yours?

The GOAT does not beat 1 great fighter in his whole resume. It has to be more.

Let's narrow the race down to two people right off the bat: GSP and Fedor. Anderoid and Boner pills Jones are disqualified due to being caught cheating, MULTIPLE TIMES.
GSP on that shit too and if you dont think he is you're ignorant. You can tell by his hgh gut and the slight gyno in his nipples in the past.

You didn't listen. Fitch is good, not great. Koscheck is good, not great. Diaz is good, not great. Condit is good, not great.

Matt Hughes is great. Henderson is great. Nogueira is great.

Alves? Good, not great.

You see where I'm going with this? Does this start to make sense to you? Is it this concept penetrating that thick head of yours?

The GOAT does not beat 1 great fighter in his whole resume. It has to be more.

I think its mostly mental gymnastics to deny Georges his due. He has won 11 consecutive title fights, spanning 2 weight classes, and 13 title fights overall. 50% of his entire career was spent in title fights. He's 26-2 having avenged both losses, brutally I might add. He has the most take downs in UFC history, the most guard passes in UFC history, the most wins in a career in UFC history, the most title fight wins in UFC history, and is currently on a 13 fight streak, 16 being the record.

lol I would love to see your top 5 and why GSP is not in there
The fact is, when u talk about the potential top5 GOATs, u´re talking about rarefied air.

It´s then all about splittin´hairs...

The decisive criteria then should be the D2BG (Dare2BeGreat) one.

What did the fighter do against heavier opponents?

What u do compare is:

1/ The way they dominated the game.

2/ The quality of their opponents.

3/ The innovations they brought to the game.

4/ How many HOFers in the resumé.

5/ Quality wins AND quality losses (= put wins & losses INTO CONTEXT)

6/ Ali´s D2BG (Dared 2 Be Great?)... against heavier opponents.

Obs: this is NOT a head-2-head contest btw 2 fighters from different eras

You live for this topic don't you? You don't seem to have anything else to live for unless people are talking about your nostalgic pro wrestling org called Pride FC.
Oh lil troll appeared.

Am I talkin´about Pride here?

So stay quiet, kid.

BTW, did u finally go and watch all these fights u keep talkin´about without even knowing about them, as I told u?

Would you rather be caught and TKO'd or absolutely dominated for 25 minutes?

It's not like he was squeeking by with close decisions. The vast majority of GSP's opponents couldn't come out of a loss thinking he got lucky but they could beat him in a rematch. They came out of it realizing they are completely outclassed. That seems like it would be a harder pill to swallow.

Some of those 50-45's were absolute ass kickings.

Most idiotic post in this thread congrats.
itz coz u´re a moron. Statin´that someone doesnt belong to the top5 GOAT is no disrespect. The dude can be btw the #6th & #10th spot, I dont see as a disrespect personally, but stupid nut-hugger like u always will [sigh]

Imo, GSP was GOAT then ( During his run ).

And, he’s only solidified his claim by capturing the MW crown.

GSP already had it for me but it was possible to see arguments for some of the others.
Winning the mw title pushes him well over the top.

itz coz u´re a moron. Statin´that someone doesnt belong to the top5 GOAT is no disrespect. The dude can be btw the #6th & #10th spot, I dont see as a disrespect personally, but stupid nut-hugger like u always will [sigh]
You reply with nothing but insults sigh who would of thought. Anyone with a functioning brain knows GSP is within the top 5 at minimum. Continue to bask in your ignorance

Back