GSP has never met an opponent he could not defeat. Objectively how is he not the greatest?

IMO he is but many will down play his achievements and that's fine that's just their opinion .
have your own opinion and don't let the bitching of other change the way you think .

With Gsp having avenged both losses I'm confused how he can not be considered the GOAT. This is a sport correct? Is the ultimate goal not to win? The flip side to that is that some could argue the main objective in prize fighting is to make money! I understand how the goat conversation is a matter of preference in the case of sport the only other person who in my opinion should be in the discussion is Jones. Silva and Fedor would be the B side. Where they have fought. Who they have fought and the losses that where never avenged. OBJECTIVELY and intelligently please let me know why and how u think I'm wrong and if u agree. This is my first post gentleman welcome ! LONG time lurker first time poster.

Greatness is subjective. I think we can all agree that accomplishments determine how great a fighter is but some people value certain accomplishments over others. Some think winning is most important. Some think the quality of competition you've beaten is more important. Some people value the length of winning streaks. Some value performances (e.g. having more finishes than decisions).

I think Georges St. Pierre, Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko are definitely Top 3 and would put Jon Jones at #4 with Demetrious Johnson at #5. Now among these fighters you could make arguments for who is #1 based on different criteria. I think we need to wait and see who pulls away as all of these fighters are still active. I predict that in 10 to 15 years we may see other fighters who are so good they completely change the conversation.

With Gsp having avenged both losses I'm confused how he can not be considered the GOAT. This is a sport correct? Is the ultimate goal not to win? The flip side to that is that some could argue the main objective in prize fighting is to make money! I understand how the goat conversation is a matter of preference in the case of sport the only other person who in my opinion should be in the discussion is Jones. Silva and Fedor would be the B side. Where they have fought. Who they have fought and the losses that where never avenged. OBJECTIVELY and intelligently please let me know why and how u think I'm wrong and if u agree. This is my first post gentleman welcome ! LONG time lurker first time poster.
No it's not a sport. It's more like WWE. And by your logic Jones is the best ever.

Captain America beat his ass silly
Yeah but this was pre-USADA and they couldn't test for Super Soldier serum back then. I mean look at the before after, you really don't think he was on the serum?
cap.jpg

TS is right. Anyone can lose. But defeating those in a subsequent fight shows heart of a champion.

Fedor never fought the best available each time he went out there.

Anderson did, but he was a cheater.

He is the GOAT. Only person that can contend is Cruz if he defeats Garbrandt. Even though he didn't have many finishes if there was no time limit, fight to the death he would win. Even though a lot of people don't like his style myself included I can respect his patience and ability to not make a mistake.

At one point, you could have said the same about Chuck Liddell... He avenged his losses to Horn and Couture.. Then he ran into Rampage....

Yeah but this was pre-USADA and they couldn't test for Super Soldier serum back then. I mean look at the before after, you really don't think he was on the serum?
cap.jpg

Captain_America_Goes_to_War_Against_Drugs_Vol_1_1.jpg

What a fucking hypocrite, lol

Machida was LHW champ. He is the same size as MW and some WW fighters. LHW was a joke. Jon is very talented though.
That's kind of what I was hinting at. Machida a MW, Chael MW, Beflort MW. Shogun wasn't the same guy after two ACL surgeries. Jon's best wins are Gus, Evans and DC.

That's kind of what I was hinting at. Machida a MW, Chael MW, Beflort MW. Shogun wasn't the same guy after two ACL surgeries. Jon's best wins are Gus, Evans and DC.
Gus and DC are it really. One of which he arguably lost (I have him winning though).

I think it's this reasoning that has him on the MMA Mt. Rushmore, but what also has to be considered is that GSP is, in every sense of the word, the most conservative fighter in that group.

Also he never tested positive which accounts for something, though I don't believe he was clean in his career.

Just taking everything at face value I believe that Jones is the most dominant fighter we have ever seen. It kills me inside to say it, but I believe it to be true.

Back