GSP has never met an opponent he could not defeat. Objectively how is he not the greatest?

You can't duck someone not in your weight class.

Oh come on. That was one of the biggest fights that EVER could have been put together. It would have been the pinnacle of MMA back then and Georges wanted no part of it.

He had no problem facing a smaller champion in BJ, though.

I am a Georges fan, believe it or not, but GSP has been full of total shit many times in his career and was probably the most risk-averse champion of his era.

You can't duck someone not in your weight class.
Anderson and Dana wanted it for years, but GSP never accepted. If it's a possibility for him to fight the current MW champ, then it should be an even better possibility for him to fight the former MW champ. It's a a fight many fans have dreamed for and it makes sense now more than ever.

GSP never met an opponent he couldn't defeat because he was protected by weight classes.

People don't understand what they're watching.

Oh come on. That was one of the biggest fights that EVER could have been put together. It would have been the pinnacle of MMA back then and Georges wanted no part of it.

He had no problem facing a smaller champion in BJ, though.

I am a Georges fan, believe it or not, but GSP has been full of total shit many times in his career and was probably the most risk-averse champion of his era.

All correct, still doesn't mean he ducked.

Anderson and Dana wanted it for years, but GSP never accepted. If it's a possibility for him to fight the current MW champ, then it should be an even better possibility for him to fight the former MW champ. It's a a fight many fans have dreamed for and it makes sense now more than ever.

All true, you still can't duck anyone in a higher weight class.

GSP met people who could beat him, he just didn't fight them. I don't have a problem with guys willing to fight up or downin class looking for a challenge. There's nothing wrong with playing your position, but it's not a formula for greatness.

With Gsp having avenged both losses I'm confused how he can not be considered the GOAT. This is a sport correct? Is the ultimate goal not to win? The flip side to that is that some could argue the main objective in prize fighting is to make money! I understand how the goat conversation is a matter of preference in the case of sport the only other person who in my opinion should be in the discussion is Jones. Silva and Fedor would be the B side. Where they have fought. Who they have fought and the losses that where never avenged. OBJECTIVELY and intelligently please let me know why and how u think I'm wrong and if u agree. This is my first post gentleman welcome ! LONG time lurker first time poster.

He is the GOAT and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't respect or understand the sport enough.

If he wanted to meet an opponent he couldn't beat, he should have moved up and challenged himself like a certain other goat did.

True, except for the Condit fight. He did a lot of damage to Condit, but Condit just did as much to him. As per Shields, GSP fought blind. That said, GSP did play way to safe in the second part of his career. Also, gaining muscle weight was a big mistake that he made. He lost so much speed and it might be part of the reason he blew his knees.

He didn't do much to Condit. Landed a little bit in his guard, peppered him with jabs. Condit did more damage in a 30 second sequence that Georges did the whole fight.

Jake Shields might be the worst striker in UFC history. GSP should have been able to put hands on him blindfolded.

If two parties wanted the fight, and one backs out that is the definition of ducking.

Anderson and Dana wanted it and GSP didn't.

Err, that makes zero sense, GSP never indicated he wanted the fight, what you said makes as much sense as me saying The Partiots ducked my local team because I and my local coordinator wanted it. You can't duck someone in a higher weight class, that is just not possible.

Err, that makes zero sense, GSP never indicated he wanted the fight, what you said makes as much sense as me saying The Partiots ducked my local team because I and my local coordinator wanted it. You can't duck someone in a higher weight class, that is just not possible.
You and the local coordinator isnt a UFC fighter or the UFC president. Comparing apples to bowling balls.

You and the local coordinator isnt a UFC fighter or the UFC president. Comparing apples to bowling balls.

Doesn't change the fact he never ducked, didn't move up for a challenge, fair enough, didn't attempt history, fair enough, doesn't change the fact that not moving up a division(that is a large jump, 170-185) just because the ufc president wants to make money off you isn't ducking. Anderson didn't duck Jones either.

What a bunch of bullshit

GSP is not goat on any legit list, I don't care if Andy and Fedor lost when they were past their primes atleast they went out like warriors instead of sitting on the sidelines after a close decision. if Andy retired after the bonner win his record would be otherworldly too, as would fedor's if he quit at the height of his reign. It's like averages in basketball, cool you average 28ppg for your career but you've only played 6 SEASONS. GSP should be no higher than #3 and no lower than #5.

He never beat BJ.

He got a gift in the first match and then he greased in the second

GSP is clearly the GOAT for several reasons I have previously stated. JBJ is the clear #2. If we're going to try and discredit fighters like Claude does than Bones mollywhooped DC while D.C. Beat down Bigfoot, Bigfoot ground and pounded fedora in his prime. I know mmath doesn't always work but this is lhw jones that put a smacking on the guy that owned the guy who gnp'd fedora into an oblivion. Jones and GSP fight legit fighters and do not crush cans like fedora either. Only posters who are going to try and discredit these GOATS are insecure fedora fanboys like mixfights, Claude, myjohnson9 etc. You don't beat the level of opponents that Georges and Jones Beat on a regular and in succession without being the goat.

Back