GSP has a damn good shot to win the 205 belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot was made of GSP being opportunistic with fighting Bisping as the MW champ, since he's not a huge MW and his style matches up fairly well in certain ways.

I think what GSP did was amazing, but I do agree that he would be overmatched against the Rockholds and Weidmans of the division. Too much size, reach, etc.

GSP would obviously get crushed by a giant like Jon Jones or Gus. Again, too much height and reach. However, like Bisping, the current champ of the division happens to be an ideal matchup. Not only will GSP not be at a big height and reach disadvantage, he will be the taller man.

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

Cormier is known for his wrestling, but if GSP can take his time and add another 10 lbs of lean muscle, he has elite defensive wrestling which should nullify DC.

GSP is already far bigger and heavier than skinny deflated 190 lb Anderson that didn't even train that DC could barely damage and spammed takedowns against.

I see GSP winning a kickboxing match on points and taking the LHW title. This is a guy who has stated he can make 155. How sick would it be if GSP won 4 belts.

I like you man, but there is so much far out in this post that I can only say "disagree". DC must be more willing to actually hurt GSP if need be than he was with Grandpa Silva. GSP cannot hope to wrestle with Cormier. Barnett, Monson, Bigfoot and Mir had hard times and got thrown like softballs around the cage. His strikes cannot hurt DC anywhere near what HWs and LHWs have thrown at him. GSP cannot put on 10 more lbs and maintain it on his frame in health.

This is just ridiculous. GSP is too small to fight most MWs. He has more chance of dying in the cage than he does of beating DC.

This is too much, Mr. Golota!

A lot was made of GSP being opportunistic with fighting Bisping as the MW champ, since he's not a huge MW and his style matches up fairly well in certain ways.

I think what GSP did was amazing, but I do agree that he would be overmatched against the Rockholds and Weidmans of the division. Too much size, reach, etc.

GSP would obviously get crushed by a giant like Jon Jones or Gus. Again, too much height and reach. However, like Bisping, the current champ of the division happens to be an ideal matchup. Not only will GSP not be at a big height and reach disadvantage, he will be the taller man.

Cormier is known for his wrestling, but if GSP can take his time and add another 10 lbs of lean muscle, he has elite defensive wrestling which should nullify DC.

GSP is already far bigger and heavier than skinny deflated 190 lb Anderson that didn't even train that DC could barely damage and spammed takedowns against.

I see GSP winning a kickboxing match on points and taking the LHW title. This is a guy who has stated he can make 155. How sick would it be if GSP won 4 belts.
Either this is a troll post or Sherdog admins need to USADA test you. Cormier is not a K-1 striker, but he is an elite Olympic level wrestler. It took a direct kick to the dome and a dozen plus punches from Jones to put him out.

You also underestimate how difficult it is to put on muscle (naturally). Plus he would need closer to 20 lbs of muscle to make 205 and have enough size to NOT get ragdolled.

Cormier could take GSP down at will and pound him into paste.

I think GSP is awesome, but I don't think it would be a good look for him against DC.

Cormier would beat the shit out of him.

GSP would jab Cormier even worse than he did koscheck did. His lead leg head kick is also faster than steroid jones.

GSP at MW is too heavy for his own good. Too slow, less explosive, not enough cardio.

You want him to add even more weight to fight at LHW against an Olympian wrestler.

Isn't it impressive enough that he moved to MW and won the belt? Yes I get Bisping is considered a weak champion but theres no doubt he's a top five MW.

no way. cormier may be tubby dude but if he cut and lose fat would be a jacked huge MW

Daniel+Cormier+Bodyslams+Dan+Henderson+UFC+173.gif
giphy.gif

The ending of your post is what doesn't make any sense.

Where would he go from 185? Start dieting hardcore to make 155, then what? Bulk all the way up to 205? Or go up to 205 and then alllllll the way down to 155? Both are impossible without taking years to go one direction or the other.

He will never win 4 belts, or 3 for that matter.

Isn't it impressive enough that he moved to MW and won the belt? Yes I get Bisping is considered a weak champion but theres no doubt he's a top five MW.

There is some doubt that he's one of the best five MWs in the UFC. Whittaker, Rockhold in a third fight, Romero, Brunson, Mousasi, Weidman, Jacare, and probably Gastelum would all be favoured over him. Even guys like Silva (in a rematch), Branch, Hall, and Tavares would be given reasonable shots at beating Bisping. Hell, throw Machida in the reasonable chance camp, as well.

For some reason I'd like to see GSP vs Brock I actually think it could be VERY competitive

GSP would jab Cormier even worse than he did koscheck did. His lead leg head kick is also faster than steroid jones.

That's nothing! Did you see the suplex to armbar MM pulled off?

DC wants NONE of that shit, lol! Too used to the slow fighters in his weight class, lmao.....

When fighters like Gus, Bader, and Corey Anderson are top fighters in that joke of a division, of course, GSP could be a world champion. As a matter of fact, yes, he would win the belt easily.

Haha, that would be the best thing in combat history if that ever happened but no. DC is a nightmare of a match for GSP. GSP probably would not be able to land anything on Jones and the rest of the guys are just monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back