GSP has a damn good shot to win the 205 belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewGolota48

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
A lot was made of GSP being opportunistic with fighting Bisping as the MW champ, since he's not a huge MW and his style matches up fairly well in certain ways.

I think what GSP did was amazing, but I do agree that he would be overmatched against the Rockholds and Weidmans of the division. Too much size, reach, etc.

GSP would obviously get crushed by a giant like Jon Jones or Gus. Again, too much height and reach. However, like Bisping, the current champ of the division happens to be an ideal matchup. Not only will GSP not be at a big height and reach disadvantage, he will be the taller man.

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

Cormier is known for his wrestling, but if GSP can take his time and add another 10 lbs of lean muscle, he has elite defensive wrestling which should nullify DC.

GSP is already far bigger and heavier than skinny deflated 190 lb Anderson that didn't even train that DC could barely damage and spammed takedowns against.

I see GSP winning a kickboxing match on points and taking the LHW title. This is a guy who has stated he can make 155. How sick would it be if GSP won 4 belts.

Last edited:
I doubt it, but I’d happily watch.

GSP has his work cut out for him wherever he goes, unless he fights Conor, but whoever he fights I'll be cheering for him.

Dc would maul him until he broke and I'm a GSP fan.

Bisping was the weakest champion since Serra. Not sure i'd be talking about how GSP could beat a LHW just yet. Let him defend against a true top 5 MW first.

Huge GSP fan here, but no. GSP should go back to WW after he fights Whitaker.

I e been saying for a while now his plan is bisping
Whitaker because he has too and if dc still has the belt dc

I don’t think he should put anymore weight on for dc

Just come in at 196-200 with no cut and be explosive in the striking.

Without having to cut he would be fresh and way to fast for dc

Dc doesn’t have anywhere near the stand up bisping has. He’d ko him with volume stikes.

Mighty Mouse could probably be top 10 at LHW. Joking, but I wouldn't be surprised if GSP becomes a top ranked LHW via good matchups. What would those good matchups be, though?
DC ragdolls him
Gus KOs him
Volkan KOs him (though we don't know much about his grappling, to be fair)
I see OSP winning
I see Shogun winning

A lot was made of GSP being opportunistic with fighting Bisping as the MW champ, since he's not a huge MW and his style matches up fairly well in certain ways.

I think what GSP did was amazing, but I do agree that he would be overmatched against the Rockholds and Weidmans of the division. Too much size, reach, etc.

GSP would obviously get crushed by a giant like Jon Jones or Gus. Again, too much height and reach. However, like Bisping, the current champ of the division happens to be an ideal matchup. Not only will GSP not be at a big height and reach disadvantage, he will be the taller man.

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

Cormier is known for his wrestling, but if GSP can take his time and add another 10 lbs of lean muscle, he has elite defensive wrestling which should nullify DC.

GSP is already far bigger and heavier than skinny deflated 190 lb Anderson that didn't even train that DC could barely damage and spammed takedowns against.

I see GSP winning a kickboxing match on points and taking the LHW title. This is a guy who has stated he can make 155. How sick would it be if GSP won 4 belts.
You think GSP can outwrestle DC?

I e been saying for a while now his plan is bisping
Whitaker because he has too and if dc still has the belt dc

I don’t think he should put anymore weight on for dc

Just come in at 196-200 with no cut and be explosive in the striking.

Without having to cut he would be fresh and way to fast for dc

Dc doesn’t have anywhere near the stand up bisping has. He’d ko him with volume stikes.
<36>

Last edited:
put down the bong, and step away from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back