Great Deals Thread

Sherbros (in the LA area)

May 7 and 8
LAX firing range is having a pretty cool sale going on in their lot.. gonna pick up some ammo
You're from one of those unfree states aren't you?......

225px-Fry_meme.png

Sorry bro, I was probably too busy trolling the pistol grip dumbfuck in the war room. Yeah, the Monarch is the higher end line; like single digit percentage better at everything, it's still a Nikon. Not to disparage it as a whole, I do really like Nikon, but my needs and uses for an optic are pretty basic and I haven't had much experience with higher dollar options.

I'm going to recommend talking to guys like @Chesten_Hesten or @ironwolf.
I'm just debating when I get around to finishing up my AR-10 if I want a Vortex 6-24 FFP Viper PST or look at the Nikon's. Bender/Schmitt, Nightforce and those are well out of what I am willing to pay for glass.

You're from one of those unfree states aren't you?......

225px-Fry_meme.png

I'm just debating when I get around to finishing up my AR-10 if I want a Vortex 6-24 FFP Viper PST or look at the Nikon's. Bender/Schmitt, Nightforce and those are well out of what I am willing to pay for glass.

Another couple you could research.

Zeiss HD5 5-25x50.
It has outstanding image clarity and brightness.

Nightforce SHV 5-20x56

^ those two are 2nd fp.

Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50

Bushnell 5-25x50 xlr

Sig Sauer tango 4 6-24x50

These are in the 900-1200. The 3.5-21 has options and models up to $1500.

Just some options you can research and possibly look at in person.

Another couple you could research.

Zeiss HD5 5-25x50.
It has outstanding image clarity and brightness.

Nightforce SHV 5-20x56

^ those two are 2nd fp.

Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50

Bushnell 5-25x50 xlr

Sig Sauer tango 4 6-24x50

These are in the 900-1200. The 3.5-21 has options and models up to $1500.

Just some options you can research and possibly look at in person.
Thanks man.

Dicks Sporting Goods has bulk .22LR (Winchester) for sale 10% off. didnt see the price as i dont shoot the stuff but i know a lot of y'all do.

Thanks man.

One thing to test is how comfortable you are with having 6x as a lowest magnification. Depending on where you are planning to hunt that might be a bit overwhelming. The small fov at shorter distances can make it difficult to pick up and track.

One thing to test is how comfortable you are with having 6x as a lowest magnification. Depending on where you are planning to hunt that might be a bit overwhelming. The small fov at shorter distances can make it difficult to pick up and track.
I figure eventually I will move the 6-24 type scope over to something like a .300 Win Mag (my dad's gun) or maybe a big magnum caliber for something like groundhog hunting where everything is at a pretty extreme range.

Were those the right mags or did you already get some?
put my order in for 2. Been checking the sites for them for damn near 5 months now and they were always back ordered. I spend entirely too much money on my shooting hobby. Just finished getting a Magpul PRS stock and Keymod forearm for my PTR-91. havent even installed em yet.

oh and a PSG1 buffer because i hate how the G3 buffer on that thing doesnt even begin to eat recoil. much worse than a FAL or M1A in that regard.

put my order in for 2. Been checking the sites for them for damn near 5 months now and they were always back ordered. I spend entirely too much money on my shooting hobby. Just finished getting a Magpul PRS stock and Keymod forearm for my PTR-91. havent even installed em yet.
The PRS feels like a fucking brick weight wise.

And you're telling me about spending too much. This is all the fucking shit on my wishlist:
-Spike's Tactical Punisher Lower
-Another Geissele GS-2 (they're fucking Out of Stock now though, ggggrrrr)
-Weatherby Vanguard 2 Leupold package (30-06, at least for now that's the caliber I am eyeing)
-Mega Maten Ambi upper and lower receiver
-Vortex Sparc AR (the new Sparc)

And all the shit that comes with new AR's... oh yeah, and this stupid thing:
http://www.surefire.com/m600aa-bk-scout-light.html

For the next AR. UGH. FUCK YOU SHOOTING FOR BEING SO PRICEY!

The PRS feels like a fucking brick weight wise.

I know. G3 is VERY front heavy. i need the weight in the back to balance it out. Id also like a larger charging handle if they make one but thats a minor quibble. i've gotten spoiled with the customizability of an AR-15.

I know. G3 is VERY front heavy. i need the weight in the back to balance it out. Id also like a larger charging handle if they make one but thats a minor quibble. i've gotten spoiled with the customizability of an AR-15.
Lol, my buddy with the Century Arms 308 is always bitching about hard it is to change up things on it.

Lol, my buddy with the Century Arms 308 is always bitching about hard it is to change up things on it.
its actually not hard. its just a pita because most of your suppliers are gonna be German or austrian. everyone and their mother supplies AR-15 stuff, G3's have almost as many accessories you just gotta look harder for them....and spend a lot more for them most of the time.

its actually not hard. its just a pita because most of your suppliers are gonna be German or austrian. everyone and their mother supplies AR-15 stuff, G3's have almost as many accessories you just gotta look harder for them....and spend a lot more for them most of the time.
The rolling block charging system I have always thought is cool but it would not feed reliably.

This is the gun I was talking about:

And you're telling me about spending too much.

-Another Geissele GS-2 (they're fucking Out of Stock now though, ggggrrrr)

Get the Rock River 2-stage for $70. I had my friend with champaign tastes do a side-by-side test between it and the SSA-E. He walked away impressed with the RRA and somewhat bewildered that it could be 1/3 the price.

Get the Rock River 2-stage for $70. I had my friend with champaign tastes do a side-by-side test between it and the SSA-E. He walked away impressed with the RRA and somewhat bewildered that it could be 1/3 the price.
Thanks.

One minor annoyance I have with RRA though is to order from them they basically require your shipping and billing addresses to be the same. Course I could hunt the damn thing down at like Brownells too I suppose.

One minor annoyance I have with RRA though is to order from them they basically require your shipping and billing addresses to be the same. Course I could hunt the damn thing down at like Brownells too I suppose.

That would be annoying. RRA won't let you send in a check or money order? Looks like they're full price right now anyway. If you keep an eye out I'm sure somebody else will have these on sale at some point.

That would be annoying. RRA won't let you send in a check or money order? Looks like they're full price right now anyway. If you keep an eye out I'm sure somebody else will have these on sale at some point.
Yeah, they're back to $120 but I know they drop to $70 every once in awhile so I'll hold out for now.

Real tempted to grab a standard AR15 receiver for the next AR project I am intending on

Yeah, they're back to $120 but I know they drop to $70 every once in awhile so I'll hold out for now.

Real tempted to grab a standard AR15 receiver for the next AR project I am intending on

Anderson Manufacturing lowers and uppers are going cheep right now. You could get both for under $100.

Anderson Manufacturing lowers and uppers are going cheep right now. You could get both for under $100.
I want a Noveske upper. I know it's far more expensive that way but the biggest reason I am leaning that way is I am from WA and Noveske is an Oregon company so it's like I am supporting local business.

Admittedly, I also kind of want this for the lower:
STLS015.jpg

Why you ask? Because I'm American and I can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back