Great Deals Thread

Magtech 7.62x51 at $.50 a round with free shipping with 400(or more) rounds purchased. One of the best deals on brass .308 I've seen in a while.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/magtech-7-62x51mm-147gr-fmj-m80-ammunition-50rds-762a.html

daily_deal_front_end_graphic_2_58.jpg

Speer .223 64gr gold dot for $.50 a round with free shipping on 200(or more) rounds purchased.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer-223-reminton-64gr-gold-dot-ammunition-20rds-24448.html

daily_deal_front_end_graphic_2_57.jpg

It is but I've put my .308 project on a bit of hiatus for now. Moving end of July so saving and I want a 30-06 for my collection first. My dad and I were looking at the guns the two of us own and we own all the major hunting calibers (at least major when he was hunting every year) of 30-30, .243, .300 Savage, .300 WinMag..... but we don't have a 30-06 and even my dad was like "that's fucking un-American"

Besides, outside of the receiver (which the Mega and Rainer ambi ones are never on sale anyways) I got to the two most expensive bits on sale and are quality match level things.... for a SHTF/hunting AR

It is but I've put my .308 project on a bit of hiatus for now. Moving end of July so saving and I want a 30-06 for my collection first. My dad and I were looking at the guns the two of us own and we own all the major hunting calibers (at least major when he was hunting every year) of 30-30, .243, .300 Savage, .300 WinMag..... but we don't have a 30-06 and even my dad was like "that's fucking un-American"

Besides, outside of the receiver (which the Mega and Rainer ambi ones are never on sale anyways) I got to the two most expensive bits on sale and are quality match level things.... for a SHTF/hunting AR

That is pretty un American. I've said it before but I've played around with most of the major hunting cartridges, I've had the chance to jump into lots of the big magnums, but I've come back to using mostly 30-06 and 270 although 300 and 338wm ar great, 30-06 can do nearly anything when it comes to hunting.

That is pretty un American. I've said it before but I've played around with most of the major hunting cartridges, I've had the chance to jump into lots of the big magnums, but I've come back to using mostly 30-06 and 270 although 300 and 338wm ar great, 30-06 can do nearly anything when it comes to hunting.
As I saw in a YouTube vid:
"30-06 has killed everything, I mean everything, on every continent in the world for years"

As I saw in a YouTube vid:
"30-06 has killed everything, I mean everything, on every continent in the world for years"

Yeah I was big on magnums for years and killed a lot of food with the 338wm, 340wby and stuff like that but I found the 06 can kill just as well and be far less punishing. Now I rarely go over 300wm but I really like that ruger guide gun in 338wm.

Yeah I was big on magnums for years and killed a lot of food with the 338wm, 340wby and stuff like that but I found the 06 can kill just as well and be far less punishing. Now I rarely go over 300wm but I really like that ruger guide gun in 338wm.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own something like this:
http://www.mcmillanfirearms.com/firearms/tac-338-mcmillan-tactical-rifle/

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/finder/#

But I can't afford the fucking ammo for that right now, never mind the damn rifle and a rifle like that deserves a Schmitt and Bender or Nightforce scope and I can't afford those either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own something like this:
http://www.mcmillanfirearms.com/firearms/tac-338-mcmillan-tactical-rifle/

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/finder/#

But I can't afford the fucking ammo for that right now, never mind the damn rifle and a rifle like that deserves a Schmitt and Bender or Nightforce scope and I can't afford those either.

Oh I don't have anything like that. Nothing tacticool here, just hunting rifles. Well I take that back, I do have an m40 clone. I can't get the proper scope for it so it just has a pst on it. I got into precision stuff just a few months before I moved. Now my dad just uses it to shoot cans at like 200m.

Oh I don't have anything like that. Nothing tacticool here, just hunting rifles. Well I take that back, I do have an m40 clone. I can't get the proper scope for it so it just has a pst on it. I got into precision stuff just a few months before I moved. Now my dad just uses it to shoot cans at like 200m.
lol.

I didn't mean I wanted a tacticool rifle, I just want someday to have and shoot a .338 Lapua Mag.

lol.

I didn't mean I wanted a tacticool rifle, I just want someday to have and shoot a .338 Lapua Mag.

The savage long range hunter in 338 lapua is like <1000usd....of course you'd need a scope, bipod, a few extra mags and.....ammo. But still, it get favorable reviews for the price:

The savage long range hunter in 338 lapua is like <1000usd....of course you'd need a scope, bipod, a few extra mags and.....ammo. But still, it get favorable reviews for the price:
Sweet

30-06 first and I think I'm going to get a Boyd's stock for it. The Walnut is nice but all my dad's hunting rifles have a Walnut stock and the damn synthetic for the Mossberg I can move and make it touch the barrel with just a thumb

This reminds me: Just wanted to say a friendly Fuck You for mentioning the Kimber Ascent in one of these threads... Pretty sure you just cost me $1800

This reminds me: Just wanted to say a friendly Fuck You for mentioning the Kimber Ascent in one of these threads... Pretty sure you just cost me $1800

You think that's bad. I bought the thing AND the zeiss scope that has the matching camo pattern.....

So it was like a 2800 dollar fuck you to my bank account...

Look into the Montana, they are a lot cheaper and according to a lot of people can easily be made just as light as the ascent.

@Gregolian, thanks for the mention, but dat exchange rate and ITAR doe. I'm not in the market anyways. Next optic I get, which won't be for a while, will either be an Aimpoint for the Tavor or another Nikon Prostaff Rimfire for the 10/22.

@Gregolian, thanks for the mention, but dat exchange rate and ITAR doe. I'm not in the market anyways. Next optic I get, which won't be for a while, will either be an Aimpoint for the Tavor or another Nikon Prostaff Rimfire for the 10/22.
I really want to grab it up for either my AR-10 when it's done or the bolt gun if I don't get a bolt gun with a optic package. BUT, I kinda want a scope that goes up to like 16x about as I want to be able to go groundhog hunting and 10 while great in WA state for deer as everything is in the woods and shit is NOT the ideal zoom standard for that long range shit like groundhogs.

Buddy that served wasn't a sniper but has a fucking 6-24 on his .300 WeatherbyMag that he uses groundhog hunting and got a sniper friend of his to give him a basic crash course on the way they shoot.

Also, and I know it's ultimately meaningless. I hate the small objective size from an aesthetics point of view. It feels like it just looks goofy though I know what it does for you is what matters.

A question for you @jlagman since you mentioned Nikon, what's the difference between the Monarch and ProStaff lines? Is Monarch the top of the range line like the Viper PST was for a long time for Vortex until they released all those HD and Razor lines?

Last edited:
someone PM when wilson combat mags in 10mm are back in stock ANYWHERE...

Sherbros (in the LA area)

May 7 and 8
LAX firing range is having a pretty cool sale going on in their lot.. gonna pick up some ammo

I really want to grab it up for either my AR-10 when it's done or the bolt gun if I don't get a bolt gun with a optic package. BUT, I kinda want a scope that goes up to like 16x about as I want to be able to go groundhog hunting and 10 while great in WA state for deer as everything is in the woods and shit is NOT the ideal zoom standard for that long range shit like groundhogs.

Buddy that served wasn't a sniper but has a fucking 6-24 on his .300 WeatherbyMag that he uses groundhog hunting and got a sniper friend of his to give him a basic crash course on the way they shoot.

Also, and I know it's ultimately meaningless. I hate the small objective size from an aesthetics point of view. It feels like it just looks goofy though I know what it does for you is what matters.

A question for you @jlagman since you mentioned Nikon, what's the difference between the Monarch and ProStaff lines? Is Monarch the top of the range line like the Viper PST was for a long time for Vortex until they released all those HD and Razor lines?
Sorry bro, I was probably too busy trolling the pistol grip dumbfuck in the war room. Yeah, the Monarch is the higher end line; like single digit percentage better at everything, it's still a Nikon. Not to disparage it as a whole, I do really like Nikon, but my needs and uses for an optic are pretty basic and I haven't had much experience with higher dollar options.

I'm going to recommend talking to guys like @Chesten_Hesten or @ironwolf.

Back