GQ names Colin Kaepernick "Citizen of the year"

does anyone even know what kaepernick is asking for? i think there is a good chance he DOESNT want to get signed and his asking price might be absurd.

and i dont want him as a backup for the same reason i wouldnt want tim tebow as a backup. i dont want my entire team getting bombarded by the media constantly asking questions about my BACKUP QB. they are not there to be a distraction. so unless he was a very, very good qb (and he isnt), i would prefer someone else. ESPECIALLY when his skillset is so unlike every other starting qb out there

does anyone even know what kaepernick is asking for? i think there is a good chance he DOESNT want to get signed and his asking price might be absurd.
I think on his Twitter a month ago he said anything over a mil, can someone verify

I think on his Twitter a month ago he said anything over a mil, can someone verify
if thats the case, the money isnt the issue then. and on second thought i am sure if a team had made an offer, it would have been made public

cY18NdH.jpg

Point b is crap, his former teammates love him and have said so. The other points have legitimate issues though I disagree with A, especially not to even get a tryout but I can accept your argument though it’s wrong imo

Why would he get a tryout if they have no interest in signing him though?

You can’t even read correctly, I said mariota was out a few weeks and they went with cassell or someone. You clearly don’t know as much about football as you think. McCarthy despite his speech tried to get hoyer when Rodgers got hurt but patriots picked him up so they kept with hundley. Osweiler has been shit for 2 years now and was sieman’s backup who himself is a horrible qb then decided to try osweiler who sux. The owner of the jets is a huge trump supporter who gave millions to trump and said flatly he’ll never have interest in kaep so he went with career backup mccown. Stanton is there Palmer who has been garbage for over a year is out for the season. Bortles, oh good god, his team would be close to undefeated with dilfer.

Please spare me your inane logic that has those guys better alternatives. Stick with the distraction theory

You sir, are an overly-emotional idiot with poor reading.

The roster adjustments in the NFL (and any sport) aren't always about who is "better". Again that's subjective and Colin at this point isn't more than a third-tier QB.

I challeneged you, you spouted off some gibberish about what you thought I meant as opposed to what I actually wrote.

Your last sentence is barely English btw. But he is definitely a distraction that most teams don't need, want or feel is worth the potential upside. And he isn't definitvely good enough to be the remedy of the qb situation for many teams.

Period. That simple.

If McNabb in his prime did the same thing literally step-by-step he'd still have half the league trying to sign him as a FA because he was actually good.

Why would he get a tryout if they have no interest in signing him though?
That no team even have the slightest interest to see if he’s worse/better than they think. I find that surprising if no collusion

You sir, are an overly-emotional idiot with poor reading.

The roster adjustments in the NFL (and any sport) aren't always about who is "better". Again that's subjective and Colin at this point isn't more than a third-tier QB.

I challeneged you, you spouted off some gibberish about what you thought I meant as opposed to what I actually wrote.

Your last sentence is barely English btw. But he is definitely a distraction that most teams don't need, want or feel is worth the potential upside. And he isn't definitvely good enough to be the remedy of the qb situation for many teams.

Period. That simple.

If McNabb in his prime did the same thing literally step-by-step he'd still have half the league trying to sign him as a FA because he was actually good.
Dude I’m level headed by this don’t know what you’re talking about, not reading your other crap

That no team even have the slightest interest to see if he’s worse/better than they think. I find that surprising if no collusion

I think they don't want to be associated with him at all. I mean he might be better on the field than Bortles or Brissett, but why even bring him in the building and give him the chance to outperform your QB if you have zero interest signing him? There are consequences for his actions and this unfortunately is one of them.

Frankly he should go play in the CFL for a season if he truly wants to show he can play, and he fucked up big time by leaving the 49ers to look for more money.

Dude I’m level headed by this don’t know what you’re talking about, not reading your other crap

And just like that the potato rolls back into its hole.

Was it GQ’s idea to make him look like a stereotypical black panther forum the 60’s? All that was missing was the barrette

At least the black panthers stood for something. Those motherfuckers would get decked out in their uniforms and berets, and protect black polling sites, while armed. They asserted their 1st amendment rights, and were vilified for it.

What does Colin have? "Shit's fucked up!!"

Good for him he got some attention on the issues he was speaking out against.

Guess they gotta give him some kind of participation award

If he were any good, he'd be signed

He's terrible at football and a giant douche bag as a person

I don't know about you guys, but I just read the whole article. The self-loathing white people, to "POC" solidarity, the comparisons to Ali and Jackie Robinson, the anti-Trump rhetoric, the idolizing and delusion.

All I have to say is:

cLcB3ti.gif

I think they don't want to be associated with him at all. I mean he might be better on the field than Bortles or Brissett, but why even bring him in the building and give him the chance to outperform your QB if you have zero interest signing him? There are consequences for his actions and this unfortunately is one of them.

Frankly he should go play in the CFL for a season if he truly wants to show he can play, and he fucked up big time by leaving the 49ers to look for more money.

That's it right there.

In the NFL you can go to 4-12 to a playoff berth in 1 season.

If you don't have team that compliments Colin, meaning:

- A very good defense that can handle being in tough situations and being on the field alot

-A very good running game that can hold the ball and keep the defense fresh

-A "plus" special teams unit that can control field position and kick loong field goals after stalled drives

Then why stifle the QB you are trying to develop?

Why overpay a mid-lower tier of QB?

People just aren't being honest in this whole thing and that's what anmoys me. He would have fit into very few teams, and he shit himself out of the Dolphins and Seattle (where he never would have started anyway) and Denver has 2 (now 3) QB's they are ties to. Jacksonville has all of those things but he isn't so much better than Bortles that they were willing to go with the unknown when they already decided they were going to try to avoid passig as much as possible and have
1 great and 2 good RBs. Add to that he was expecting way too much money and a multiple year deal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back