Governor Cuomo issuing pardons to all parolees to restore voting rights

Bullshit. He's sees a group of fuckups to exploit.
Yeah, that whole restoring constitutional rights thing is totally exploiting people. You really need to stop being struck in the head.

Yeah, that whole restoring constitutional rights thing is totally exploiting people. You really need to stop being struck in the head.
Right, all the felons out there would be doing just fine if only they could vote every 4 years.

This is just someone pretending to be doing for them so they'll vote their party line. Its pure exploitation, pandering with very little promise of any return.

I love it. This is a skillful use of the pardon. He sees his people disenfranchised, and acts within his power to correct it. The legislature made their own bed here when they deprived people of their rights for no good reason. Fix the law now, and restore the rights that never should have been taken in the first place.

Next up, inmates.

1-1-1152x589.jpg

Do you really think this dude cares about these people's disenfranchisement? If so he would be doing more than just giving them the right to vote. There are way bigger fish to fry in the life of a convicted felon other than their voting rights.

This literally changes nothing for them, besides giving them the right to check a box. It's a dirty grab for votes plain and simple. In fact I bet you a lot of them will feel insulted by this.

Right, all the felons out there would be doing just fine if only they could vote every 4 years.

This is just someone pretending to be doing for them so they'll vote their party line. Its pure exploitation, pandering with very little promise of any return.
It has nothing to do with people "doing fine." We should not arbitrarily deny people rights at all, and denying felons the right to vote is senseless and vengeful.

There are way bigger fish to fry in the life of a convicted felon other than their voting rights.

This literally changes nothing for them, besides giving them the right to check a box. It's a dirty grab for votes plain and simple. In fact I bet you a lot of them will feel insulted by this.
How come when they vote, it's just "checking a box" and when you vote, you're exercising your constitutional right?

Care to explain that, or should I file it under "shit you wish you hadn't typed, on second thought."

How about you lose your rights and then tell me all about the fish-fry.

Felons should just be lined up and shot. It would be cheaper than using taxpayer dollars to support their 3 meals a day and free rent.

So take less and less of the ramifications of being a felon away. There needs to be punishments in place to lessen the chance of people committing crimes. Wait till they push for full right restorations for pedophiles.

How come when they vote, it's just "checking a box" and when you vote, you're exercising your constitutional right?

Care to explain that, or should I file it under "shit you wish you hadn't typed, on second thought."

How about you lose your rights and then tell me all about the fish-fry.

Calm down there pancakes. Like I said earlier itt I really don't care either way that these people might get their right to vote back, but that doesn't change the facts that it's sleazy politics.

If you can't follow the laws of the land it's not unreasonable to have some of your rights taken away. I file that under play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Seeing as your so big on giving felon's their constitutional rights back should convicted felons also be allowed to bear arms? After all it is an American right. If some wack job conservative did this you would be losing your shit.

Why should people who commit felonies have any say in our process? Do you really want that?

Instead they should all work for the trump administration. Better fit for criminals wouldn’t you say

If they've served their time in prison, they should have their rights restored in limited fashion, once off parole ALL rights should be returned. The right to vote is a good start really.

While he's at it, can he ban that stupid "Are you a felon?" box on job applications? That shit is a one way ticket to the waste basket for most places.

If only liberals cared as much about the working class American as they do criminals...

Why should people who commit felonies have any say in our process? Do you really want that?

I believe felons get their voting rights back in every state as long as they are not in jail or on parole.

If only liberals cared as much about the working class American as they do criminals...

How does the republican party trick so many people into believing they give a shit about the working class?

I believe felons get their voting rights back in every state as long as they are not in jail or on parole.
Then you haven’t read the article, or even the OP for that matter.

Then you haven’t read the article, or even the OP for that matter.

It says in the OP that 18 states let convicted felons on parole vote. All others restore voting rights as soon as you are done with your parole. What am I missing? The only thing they changed is restoring voting rights to parolees, who would have had their rights restored as soon as the parole was over.

Back