Gotta say Smith was robbed of a bonus last night

I have absolutely no hate for Smith.

I don't really understand why he's so unappealing to so many.

Then again, I don't listen to him or any other fighter, and just judge his skills in the cage.
He works as an analyst, so he analyses fighters and their skillsets and gameplans.

Fans don't like this because he isn't retried yet. So he's still taking (and occasionally losing) fights while being critical of much more successful fighters than him, because it's literally his job to.

Meanwhile, the Sherdoggers that hate this have never taken a fight in their life and are much more critical of elite fighters than Smith is, so it's hard to take people calling him a delusional hypocrite all that seriously.

He does occasionally say some outlandish stuff on his and Bisping's podcast, like Jim Miller would beat Brock Lesnar in MMA. But his analyst stuff that he gets so much hate for isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

He works as an analyst, so he analyses fighters and their skillsets and gameplans.

Fans don't like this because he isn't retried yet. So he's still taking (and occasionally losing) fights while being critical of much more successful fighters than him, because it's literally his job to.

Meanwhile, the Sherdoggers that hate this have never taken a fight int her life and are much more critical of elite fighters than Smith is, so it's hard to take people calling him a delusional hypocrite all that seriously.

He does occasionally say some outlandish stuff on his and Bisping's podcast, like Jim Miller would beat Brock Lesnar in MMA. But his analyst stuff that he gets so much hate for isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Ahh, gotcha!

Yeah, I heard he was doing analysis, but honestly, I never watch technical analysis. I'm not interested in it.

Good luck to him, good to get something in the bag pre-retirement.

Ahh, gotcha!

Yeah, I heard he was doing analysis, but honestly, I never watch technical analysis. I'm not interested in it.

Good luck to him, good to get something in the bag pre-retirement.
He works the desk on ESPN, so we don't see much of him in the UK because we watch the TNT broadcast.

I don't like him, at all, and haven't liked him for a number of years. Since at least Strikeforce Challengers. But, he does deserve some grip for that performance, and some credit. And I will take my crow.
He's impossible to predict, because he's such an anomaly.
Dude choked Alexander Gustafsson, but GOT choked by Josh Neer.
That's just weird.
<28>

Hopefully he got a backroom bonus. That was highly impressive.

Petrino did his best impersonation of dumb and dumber. All he had to do was stand and bang and he would have beat the pulp out of cowardly lion. Smith looks horrendous with his high guard and limited mobility. He is basically a sitting duck, and this guy just exposed his neck going for a retarded takedown.

This is an MMA forum go jackoff to grammar somewhere else.
Caio, Ruffy, and that wild man Pereira all were equally worthy to receive that bonus.

If Smith had a clearly superior win, sure call it robbery. But it was a good win in a competitive field.

You misused a word, I explained why, and yet you still sound. I'm sorry but God loves you. I pray that you open your heart and let go of your anger.

Biggest Smith hater on her checking in to agree that yes, they owe him 50k. I can’t wait for him to tell us he’s the greatest grappler ever now..

Caio, Ruffy, and that wild man Pereira all were equally worthy to receive that bonus.

If Smith had a clearly superior win, sure call it robbery. But it was a good win in a competitive field.

You misused a word, I explained why, and yet you still sound. I'm sorry but God loves you. I pray that you open your heart and let go of your anger.
See now your first paragraph is proper for the MMA topic.

You pretending you know how words are used is a joke.
From Webster's dictionary an actual authority on how words can be used not your baseless thoughts.

"robbed; robbing
Synonyms of rob
transitive verb
a(1)
: to take something away from by force : steal from
(2)
: to take personal property from by violence or threat
b(1)
: to remove valuables without right from (a place)
(2)
: to take the contents of (a receptacle)
c
: to take away as loot : STEAL
rob jewelry

a
: to deprive of something due, expected, or desired
b
: to withhold unjustly or injuriously"

Note 2b is exactly what I'm saying happened and is how the word has been used since before you were born educate yourself.

The only thing you earn for beating a Brazilian in Brazil is death threats and a quick flight back home.

Somehow the lone exception to this is Ronda fucking Romsey, who Brazil decided to claim as one of their own and even cheered her over Bethe.

Satan himself was rooting against Bethe that night

bethe-correia.gif

See now your first paragraph is proper for the MMA topic.

You pretending you know how words are used is a joke.
From Webster's dictionary an actual authority on how words can be used not your baseless thoughts.

"robbed; robbing
Synonyms of rob
transitive verb
a(1)
: to take something away from by force : steal from
(2)
: to take personal property from by violence or threat
b(1)
: to remove valuables without right from (a place)
(2)
: to take the contents of (a receptacle)
c
: to take away as loot : STEAL
rob jewelry

a
: to deprive of something due, expected, or desired
b
: to withhold unjustly or injuriously"

Note 2b is exactly what I'm saying happened and is how the word has been used since before you were born educate yourself.

Nothing was withheld from Smith. He was not entitled to the bonus, he was not selected for the bonus and then had it taken away without explanation.

I spoke with a younger coworker the other day. He does a good job and met his performance metrics. But he wanted not just a raise, but the highest raise available for his position. I told him even though he qualified for a bonus, it is always at management's discretion. Maybe his best was not as good as the best from someone else. Or management valued the contribution of a different team more than his. But you can't go around life thinking you deserved better. That mindset will eat away at you over the years.

If you're going to make a thread about bonuses, maybe you should post who actually did get a bonus, some of us had no idea.

From Google: According to UFC Senior Vice President of Content and International David Shaw, who conducted the post-event press conference, the $50,000 bonuses went to Mauricio Ruffy, Alessandro Costa, Michel Pereira, and Caio Borralho.

With that said, Smith definitely deserved a bonus over those two prelim guys.

Smith is having an internal battle between his desire to shill and his desire to be a delusional mong that thinks he is awesome and everyone else sucks, including the champion.

He has been a good sock puppet, promoting PowerSlap and the like. But shitting all over Poatan means he has gone off the reservation. U Fight Cheap is probably not happy with him right now.

Imagine how many suits he could buy with that bonus money

You might be right. Actually, I know you are right because all those emotions definitely went through his head during camp, the possibilities of both winning or losing this fight.

The guy has 60 fights and has seen it all but he sure did seem really surprised that it came so quick and easy. As soon as he won, he stood up and yelled to someone (DC I think) that "maybe I do got another run to the title in me" or something like that.

Hopefully this inspired him and lit a new fire for him. I also would like to see him use more of his jiu jitsu. He is a very underrated submission grappler
Agree with everything. And yeah, Smith is actually really well-rounded (a "true" modern mma fighter), but he chooses, again and again, to stand and bang against people with better stand-up than him. For an analyst, I would like to see him use some insight/introspect on himself for his fights.

Back