Golden boy is the future of MMA

But that goes against the point of Golden Boy doing MMA. They wanted to run it like a boxing model. Which the fighters themselves take home the most money usually. Golden Boy doesn't do this if they think they'll lose money right off the bat. The only guarantee expense as a promoter they had going in is fighters contracted pay and all the little bits and pieces of putting on the show. Apparently they thought they could cover all those cost with ticket sales and PPV buys. Knowing up front that the PPV company is taking "X" amount off the top I'm assuming chances are high that the 30% being reported is 30% of that left over avg. number per a buy which would end up being about $6 to 6.75 a buy Chuck and Tito each got.

We have no ideal how Golden Boy did on this event and we have no ideal what Chuck and Tito actually took home. But chances are quite good Frankie's numbers aren't that far off overall for Chuck and Tito. Whole point being is Chuck and Tito probably made much more fighting in their two UFC fights than this event did. Tito said at UFC 66 he made 2.9 million. But Golden Boy gave them the opportunity to make much more which most MMA models do not allow.

Personally, I think this was nothing more than a chance of a quick money grab by Golden Boy. Beyond Dana's rant about Oscar it is well known that he did not build up Golden Boy. It's also well known he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed on the business side of things in the sport of boxing. Richard Schaefer is who built Golden Boy up and more or less showed Oscar that this is the way to go. I believe he left Golden Boy a few years back now. So I'm not sure who is steering that ship right now. But it won't surprise me if they thought bringing these two big names in MMA together would sell an easy 400K in buys if not more. I think they thought they could make quick few million with not a lot of work as we saw the promotion of this fight was underwhelming to say the least. I highly doubt they lost much money but at the same time they sure didn't make much either if anything.
It's a revenue sharing model not a take massive losses model. 30% of net revenue of the expected 400K of the original $49.99 price which as the revenue goes up over the fixed expenses % shrinks. So if the event did well Oscar was telling the truth. But at under 1/10 of estimated buys and reduced prices and advertising coupons of $15 for future events in some countries = more than buying the event. Guessing $550,000 was tito's share is a laugh.

i still dont think there is a 2nd show, who can they get as headliners, tito and maybe vitor? the only thing that might make buzz is if the promoter De La Hoya steps into the cage and fights but even that would probably be a one off, they will consistently need to scrap together some headliner

i still dont think there is a 2nd show, who can they get as headliners, tito and maybe vitor? the only thing that might make buzz is if the promoter De La Hoya steps into the cage and fights but even that would probably be a one off, they will consistently need to scrap together some headliner
Phil Brooks vs Logan Paul

Phil Brooks vs Logan Paul
logan paul couldnt even win his amateur boxing match against another amateur "celeb", phil brooks really doesnt seem to be a draw in mma enough to justify how much he will ask, plus hes horrible, no one wants to see him after his last fight there is no mystery, we saw everything he had. also these rando celebs are just one offs, after people see how much they suck no one will watch them.

So their next card is going to be headlined by Logan Paul, co main is Chuck v. Ken Shamrock?

Dana White can talk all garbage he wants away from Oscar De La Hoya's vicinity. Because we all know Oscar De La Hoya would knock Dana White out if he was talking that smack in Oscar De La Hoya's face. At least Oscar De La Hoya took his money to start Golden Boy Promotions. Yes, he had advisors, but it was his money, his name, his risked. Dana White talking like he built the UFC. I recalled he was named President of the UFC and had the luxury of using the Fertitta brothers money. If Golden Boy MMA thrives, it thrives. If it fails, it fails. At least Oscar De La Hoya is taking the risk with his money, and his brand.

It is an inevitability that we get the boxing model in MMA. Logan Paul has shown it's possible, having one of the largest ppv successes of the year promoting his own event.
okay

Oscar seems to get a lot of hate here. Yes, his first show wasn't strong. Yes, the under card fighters get dicked. But if you're a fighter that's confident in your ability to push out at least 250k ppvs without the UFC branding, you'll earn more with Oscar's model than Dana's.

The UFC takes all of the risk in their model but also takes most of the reward. Oscar's model assumes minimal risk, but only takes a fraction of the reward.

Whether it be through Golden boy or someone else, I hope to see some fighters explore that model and earn what they deserve. Guys are making 8-9 million on 300k ppvs under this model, in the UFC they'd be lucky to break 2.

It is an inevitability that we get the boxing model in MMA. Logan Paul has shown it's possible, having one of the largest ppv successes of the year promoting his own event.
Can i block people Here so i cant read their messages or threads?

If they can cut a deal with DAZN with a main event with past stars and a decent undercard, there is a market for additional shows.

Dana White can talk all garbage he wants away from Oscar De La Hoya's vicinity. Because we all know Oscar De La Hoya would knock Dana White out if he was talking that smack in Oscar De La Hoya's face. At least Oscar De La Hoya took his money to start Golden Boy Promotions. Yes, he had advisors, but it was his money, his name, his risked. Dana White talking like he built the UFC. I recalled he was named President of the UFC and had the luxury of using the Fertitta brothers money. If Golden Boy MMA thrives, it thrives. If it fails, it fails. At least Oscar De La Hoya is taking the risk with his money, and his brand.

Wow. What an insight.
If you really were born in '83 then I really pity your parents...they probably still babysit you...

Back