Golden boy is the future of MMA

TemDee

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Oscar seems to get a lot of hate here. Yes, his first show wasn't strong. Yes, the under card fighters get dicked. But if you're a fighter that's confident in your ability to push out at least 250k ppvs without the UFC branding, you'll earn more with Oscar's model than Dana's.

The UFC takes all of the risk in their model but also takes most of the reward. Oscar's model assumes minimal risk, but only takes a fraction of the reward.

Whether it be through Golden boy or someone else, I hope to see some fighters explore that model and earn what they deserve. Guys are making 8-9 million on 300k ppvs under this model, in the UFC they'd be lucky to break 2.

It is an inevitability that we get the boxing model in MMA. Logan Paul has shown it's possible, having one of the largest ppv successes of the year promoting his own event.

Last edited:
MemorableGreatKouprey-size_restricted.gif

didn’t it sell like 30k buys?
Less.

It's a terrible model if you can't draw. Again, that's the risk you take as a fighter. But if you have the name recognition to push sales, it's a more favorable fighter model.

Oscar seems to get a lot of hate here. Yes, his first show wasn't strong. Yes, the under card fighters get dicked. But if you're a fighter that's confident in your ability to push out at least 250k ppvs without the UFC branding, you'll earn more with Oscar's model than Dana's.

The UFC takes all of the risk in their model but also takes most of the reward. Oscar's model assumes minimal risk, but only takes a fraction of the reward.

Whether it be through Golden boy or someone else, I hope to see some fighters explore that model and earn what they deserve. Guys are making 8-9 million on 300k ppvs under this model, in the UFC they'd be lucky to break 2.

It is an inevitability that we get the boxing model in MMA.

I posted this in another thread n was bashed for it. I dont care if its him or someone else, i dont care if they ever rival The UFC. But if this is another avenue fighters can go put on fights n get paid, im all for it.

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

No, it isn't.

We can't say that with a brand new mma promotion even if it's financed by golden Boy. let's give it at least one year.

I posted this in another thread n was bashed for it. I dont care if its him or someone else, i dont care if they ever rival The UFC. But if this is another avenue fighters can go put on fights n get paid, im all for it.

Eventually a fighter with clout will attempt their ability to self promote a fight, and we'll move into the boxing model. For better or worse!

Eventually a fighter with clout will attempt their ability to self promote a fight, and we'll move into the boxing model. For better or worse!

I just want to watch good fights i don't care about the org.

Hi Oscar, didn't know you posted on Sherdog.

Maybe you have heard of these guys? Or maybe not, if you don't research the past, since none of them exist anymore.

logo-elitexc.jpg

ProElite-Logo.jpg

afflictionlogo.jpg

Pride_Logo.jpg

280px-Logo_WEC.jpg

StrikeforceLogo.JPG

DreamLogo_onBlack.jpg

Are they really paying all their guys top dollar? If so then yes. But lets be real, they going to pay prelim fighter prob the same or lower than UFC.

Oscar should just buy an existing organization and rename it...that's how the UFC acquires most of the talent they have. They ate PRIDE, Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, just keep bringing in whole rosters of roughly developed talent to high level stars...

It is an inevitability that we get the boxing model in MMA.
1518658812577.jpg

Are they really paying all their guys top dollar? If so then yes. But lets be real, they going to pay prelim fighter prob the same or lower than UFC.

They give the fighters a significantly larger portion of the ppv revenue, but don't pay as high base.

It won't be Golden Boy. Was a DLH fan as a fighter, but as a promoter, he ended up just like all the other greedy promoters, only dumber.

Back