Going to Thailand, phuket and Bangkok

Ok, so far so good...

The food in Bangkok is cheap and delicious .

The driving here is insane.

Pedestrians DO NOT have the right away here.

And everyone drives aggressively .

The grand palace was beautiful but saturated with 500 tourist groups.

Go to Nana Plaza, basically 3 levels of strippers etc (just avoid the ladyboys).

Ok, so far so good...

The food in Bangkok is cheap and delicious .

The driving here is insane.

Pedestrians DO NOT have the right away here.

And everyone drives aggressively .

The grand palace was beautiful but saturated with 500 tourist groups.

It's not aggressive but it is to a westerner. They just have more trust that the other drivers will yield for them. We were going to our Bangkok hotel one night (work group) and our driver turned across 4 lanes of traffic. I was in the front shitting my pants but they all slowed down. I told him in Australia he may be in a street fight because of that and he couldn't work it out.

Go to Nana Plaza, basically 3 levels of strippers etc (just avoid the ladyboys).

It's not aggressive but it is to a westerner. They just have more trust that the other drivers will yield for them. We were going to our Bangkok hotel one night (work group) and our driver turned across 4 lanes of traffic. I was in the front shitting my pants but they all slowed down. I told him in Australia he may be in a street fight because of that and he couldn't work it out.

Yep. You need to get used to the traffic flow here. You need to make space for yourself, likewise, be ready to yield when others are moving. After a while it seems normal.

I used grab when I was there to get rides. After all these years, I finally realized how much I was being overcharged to go to the BKK. lol

grab and uber are the same price or more expensive than taxis in bkk. i use uber though for the convenience. they also do discounts, which can make the trips stupid cheap sometimes.

anyway, im still in bkk for the next couple days if you want to buy me some beers. flying to Krabi on Wednesday.

one more

8E5hy

Yep. You need to get used to the traffic flow here. You need to make space for yourself, likewise, be ready to yield when others are moving. After a while it seems normal.

It's fucking insane..

I mean, there are clear lanes in the road but the drivers don't seem to give a fuck.

I'm shocked I haven't witnessed a fatality yet. Lol

Ok, phuket is absolutely beautiful. .and probably the 2nd best beach I've been to..

However...one thing I've I immediately noticed is that 99 percent of the other tourists here are Russian.

This is not hyperbole...

I have only come across one other English speaking couple. The rest are all russian. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but it's difficult to meet new people when there is a huge language barrier between yourself and all the other tourists.

I had to Google why...apparently I'm not going crazy.

Thailand, especially phuket is being dubbed little Russia

Ok, phuket is absolutely beautiful. .and probably the 2nd best beach I've been to..

However...one thing I've I immediately noticed is that 99 percent of the other tourists here are Russian.

This is not hyperbole...

I have only come across one other English speaking couple. The rest are all russian. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but it's difficult to meet new people when there is a huge language barrier between yourself and all the other tourists.

I had to Google why...apparently I'm not going crazy.

Thailand, especially phuket is being dubbed little Russia

A lot of Australians were there when I was there in '05. I heard more Chinese guys are going there now also.

A lot of Australians were there when I was there in '05. I heard more Chinese guys are going there now also.

There are fucking Australians everywhere you go it seems.

I'm going to Phuket next week for work, though I'm going to have a night or two near Bangla road, any tips?

I knew Marines that would take their entire leave there... they'd come back with hair long as fuck, no money, a raw pecker, bloodshot eyes... and a smile on their face.
Most seemed to sit around beach smoking Thai stick all day and getting shitfaced/banging locals all night.
Ah... to young again.

Back