Gif: Travis Browne Nearly Murders Josh Barnett

Are you daft?

You supplied a still image for a discussion whose premise is absolutely predicated upon the motion of an elbow.
Are you? It doesn't matter where the elbow starts (still not 12-6) but how it lands on impact. If I threw a nut shot and then changed direction at the last second and it hit you somewhere else I'm not going to get in trouble for intention.

DvSUnpj.gif

Whew, I thought the title said JOSH HARTNETT

josh_hartnett_dree_hemingway_marcopolo_3.jpg

giphy.gif

I wonder why we don't see that more often. So cheap and dangerous and almost 100% gurantee of ref stoppage, cause any sane ref wouldn't want death in the octagon on his/her watch

Travis Browne being 6'7 and having that kind of leverage no to mention him using the cage to prevent the takedown all factored into him being comfortable enough to throw those kind of shots

always felt those elbows should be illegal too....

I think they were, I recall being pissed off at that. Barnett should have beat that guy, Browne is nowhere near Barnetts level

I was at the MGM for this, we were going nuts until we kinda got worried for Josh. I turned to the guy next to me and he said "Holy shit that was fucken brutal". We both looked at each other and then laughed and high fived, amazing scenes!

That was a clear DQ. The elbow comes from his own head and down to Barnett's head.

Browne is trash.
I don't really like Browne but those are legal. He woulda hit the top of his head to be straight 12 to 6

That's all behind Mr Rousey now. He's happily married to Mr Edmond.

Browne is possible the biggest fraud in HW history for me, back in the Pride era he'd have been a sideshow attraction paid to stumble around the ring like Bambi as Aleks or Sergei blasted him.

Last edited:
Back