(GIF) Anderson Silva executes the switch on Nate Marquardt

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
1.gif

Anderson Silva really is the greatest mixed martial artist I have ever seen, his 16-0 win streak was something special, especially his first 7 fights when he put everybody in the matrix.

Hespek for the GOAT

MZ1KONt.gif

According to sherdog experts, he took some magic substance that taught him to do it at the time.

I'll never get over just how damn precise and technical his striking was. I never watched his punches thinking he'd kill someone with power but he had a way of landing the strikes in the perfect spot over and over and over.

Blatantly using this thread as an excuse to post another beautiful switch:

n8m0l.jpg

Even more impressive than Silva's, in my opinion, considering the opponent Condit pulled it off on. When was the last time you saw GSP get juked like that in a grappling scenario? That's right, never.

Not gonna argue greatest or not but he was certainly top 3 and one of my favorite fighters to watch.
Edit-Those right hands are vicious! I heard or read or maybe dreamed that Anderson is a right handed guy who fights southpaw, anyone know if that's legit?

After andy landed that viciuos hammerfist marquardt was done..

1.gif

Anderson Silva really is the greatest mixed martial artist I have ever seen, his 16-0 win streak was something special, especially his first 7 fights when he put everybody in the matrix.

Hespek for the GOAT

MZ1KONt.gif
One of the great things about Chuteboxe strikers like Spider or Wand is their GNP: accurate & technical, no lousy hammer fists...

Now, on a sidenote, I could imagine some of his teammates like Assuerio Silva or Shogun going for a kneebar in that position...

1.gif

Hespek for the GOAT

MZ1KONt.gif
Underrated GnP

n8m0l.jpg

Even more impressive than Silva's, in my opinion, considering the opponent Condit pulled it off on. When was the last time you saw GSP get juked like that in a grappling scenario? That's right, never.

Condit did everything he could to win that fight, the way he snuck that head kick on Georges was gangster as fuck.

Carlos_Condit_Head_Kicks_Georges_St._Pierre_UFC_154.gif

I wish he fought some big caliber names in Moose Luke Jacare Kennedy hat were around that time, but it is what it is now. Silva pulled some nice stuff against who he fought.

One of the great things about Chuteboxe strikers like Spider or Wand is their GNP: accurate & technical, no lousy hammer fists...

Now, on a sidenote, I could imagine some of his teammates like Assuerio Silva or Shogun going for a kneebar in that position...

If Andy was in a position to land GnP on you, you were fucked. He only needed a few strikes to inflict serious damage against a downed opponent.

It's the red tape on the gloves that fooled Marquardt. He thought it were his own hands. Complete fluke.

n8m0l.jpg

The way Hughes maneuvered to get GSP in the arm bar was pretty slick.

Condit did everything he could to win that fight, the way he snuck that head kick on Georges was gangster as fuck.

Carlos_Condit_Head_Kicks_Georges_St._Pierre_UFC_154.gif
That combo is such a god damn masterpiece that it can never be posted enough.

If you pay close attention, you can see GSP shifting his weight onto the backfoot as he hops backwards, probably preparing to lunge for a superman punch down the pipe, and... BOOM.

The way Hughes maneuvered to get GSP in the arm bar was pretty slick.
That's a good one to raise! You know your GSP fights, kudos.

For reference:

tumblr_omvwspq3391upwz95o1_400.gif

Back