(GIF) Anderson Silva executes the switch on Nate Marquardt

It's interesting that Anderson's striking translated so well to strikes on the ground. It usually doesn't for strikers.

The way he picks his shots is incredible, just like in his stand-up.

Both guys were on roidz. Marquardt popped, too.
Different times, no USADA around, nobody gave a shit.

Two criminals fight each other, doesnt make one less of a criminal.

Same with cheating

I personally don’t care about that, it doesn’t alter the great technique and performances from Anderson in my opinion, a few failed drug tests at the end of his career does not make his prime obsolete in my eyes.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it invalidates everything he previously did or that it’s not impressive and beautiful re-watching his old highlights. For guy I used to really admire for the respect he paid the sport and opponent it was a bit of a bummer after all he had previously said. I lost a lot of respect for him(like he cares, I know).

Anderson Silva executes his leg on Chris Weidman
20131228_jla_aj4_533.0.jpg

You have never posted anything relevant or clever around here

That could've been stopped like 20 seconds earlier. Herb is literally the worst ref.

I wanted to post this one but the stoppage is even worse, look at that shit:

savage GnP though, that KO punch at the end reminds me of Yoel giving Luke that second KO punch.

Condit did everything he could to win that fight, the way he snuck that head kick on Georges was gangster as fuck.

Carlos_Condit_Head_Kicks_Georges_St._Pierre_UFC_154.gif
one of the best strikes landed in UFC history. The setup, the execution and the skill level of opponent. If it just landed one inch lower he would be champ. Prime Condit with the performance of his career and was still bested by the GOAT.

Why do they take it in spite of its potential harmful side effects?
Is Anderson Silva masochistic?

Try training twice or three times a day for like 6-8 weeks and you'll understand why athletes are taking PEDs.

I wanted to post this one but the stoppage is even worse, look at that shit:

savage GnP though, that KO punch at the end reminds me of Yoel giving Luke that second KO punch.

Yeah, that's pretty bad too. But obviously Anderson isn't your average striker. I don't think Yamasaki expected that he could do so much damage in such a short time.

It's actually a lot worse than the Yoel/Luke punch imo. Anderson throws straight punches even with GnP, which is why he's able to cut people open the way he does with his strikes. Everything is coming straight at you, from an angle. No looping punches from Anderson unless he just feels like it.

James_Irvin.jpg

Back