(GIF) Anderson Silva executes the switch on Nate Marquardt

Jones is innocent
gettyimages-jon_jones-ufc214-7d85a6af-ae00-40c2-8ec8-f24a8ea2dde8.jpg
GTFO here...

Condit did everything he could to win that fight, the way he snuck that head kick on Georges was gangster as fuck.

Carlos_Condit_Head_Kicks_Georges_St._Pierre_UFC_154.gif

I was at that show.

The entire Bell Centre went completely silent when that kick landed.

You could hear a pin drop.

1.gif

Anderson Silva really is the greatest mixed martial artist I have ever seen, his 16-0 win streak was something special, especially his first 7 fights when he put everybody in the matrix.

Hespek for the GOAT

MZ1KONt.gif

Roid

Not gonna argue greatest or not but he was certainly top 3 and one of my favorite fighters to watch.
Edit-Those right hands are vicious! I heard or read or maybe dreamed that Anderson is a right handed guy who fights southpaw, anyone know if that's legit?

Yes, it's true. I know a handful of fighters who fight in that stance. It's a more advanced stance from a technical standpoint. All fighters should train both stances. To not do so is really dumb.

Andy fights were something special. There was something in the air. Your ass would pucker and you knew some shit was going down.

I'm glad Chael made him into a draw so more people could enjoy. I celebrated with glee when his leg snapped, and that is when I realized MMA made me a horrible person. Or my parents did.

Struggling to understand how someone's attention can possibly fixate on PED usage of all things in one of the rare Sherdog threads about actual fighting technique, paired with quality gifs to go with it.

Your type is a plague to this forum.

Struggling to understand how someone's attention can possibly fixate on PED usage of all things in one of the rare Sherdog threads about actual fighting technique, paired with quality gifs to go with it.

So its okay to rois?

Agreed. I'm enjoying this thread. This is what MMA fans should be about, admiring beautiful executions of technique, respecting both fighters in the gif. The Condit/GSP switch gif above is a perfect post. An amazing move pulled off by Condit on a hell of a grappler, making it all the more impressive.

Eez normal, sherdog no hespect nottin

SilvaConor.jpg
Well when you blast steroid cheats and then get caught twice once proper testing comes in people are bound to lose respect for you, I know I did.

It's interesting that Anderson's striking translated so well to strikes on the ground. It usually doesn't for strikers.

Well when you blast steroid cheats and then get caught twice once proper testing comes in people are bound to lose respect for you, I know I did.

I personally don’t care about that, it doesn’t alter the great technique and performances from Anderson in my opinion, a few failed drug tests at the end of his career does not make his prime obsolete in my eyes.

Agreed. I'm enjoying this thread. This is what MMA fans should be about, admiring beautiful executions of technique, respecting both fighters in the gif. The Condit/GSP switch gif above is a perfect post. An amazing move pulled off by Condit on a hell of a grappler, making it all the more impressive.
My man.

Usually you can find this reaction picture in a thread about Mackenzie Dern, but in all honesty, this is the type of thread that makes me go:

DATASS.jpg

Back