GGG vs Jacobs 2016 = Dead

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The other one has become cancer.

According to RingTV

@TomLoeffler1 says that @GGGBoxing will not be fighting on Dec. 10. He's going into 2017 with expectation he's facing @DanielJacobsTKO next.

Looks like pushed to 2017...

Last edited:
Interesting why Golovkin would want to push back the date. Meh maybe he just wants to take a vacation or something.

Bummer. Glad I didn't do anything like buy plane tickets to New York.

Interesting why Golovkin would want to push back the date. Meh maybe he just wants to take a vacation or something.

Bummer. Glad I didn't do anything like buy plane tickets to New York.
From what I've read, it was Jacobs team that pushed it back.

Not sure how anybody can really disagree with Mannix.

This was one of the worst years in boxing in at least a decade.

The sides were in discussions for the fight to take place on Dec. 10. HBO, which has Golovkin under contract, committed to the date and Madison Square Garden in New York was on hold.

But the sides have not been able to reach an agreement, and they don't want to go to a purse bid. So Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions told ESPN on Tuesday that they have thrown in the towel on the fight taking place on Dec. 10.

Loeffler said he is still talking with Al Haymon, Jacobs' adviser, about making the fight, but they lost a lot of time when talks were put on hold while the WBA took its time to rule on what the split of a purse bid should be. The Jacobs camp requested that the WBA reconsider its standard 75-25 split in favor of the "super" titleholder, Golovkin in this case. Jacobs wanted the split set at 60-40. Ultimately, the WBA ruled it would remain 75-25.

"Once the WBA made their ruling to uphold their standard split, it became just a matter of still talking to Al and trying to finalize a deal, but it's just too late now for the fight to be on Dec. 10," Loeffler said. "We had Madison Square Garden on hold, and they've been a good partner to us, so I don't like having to leave them with an open Saturday night. HBO also was ready to go, but we are going to push it back into early 2017."

Loeffler said he could not predict the specific time frame because it will depend on HBO's schedule, Madison Square Garden's availability and how long it takes to make a deal.

"As soon as we can get the deal agreed to we'll figure out a date and location," he said. "But first we have to make the fight. Optimally, it will stay at Madison Square Garden. Our goal is to not go to a purse bid because a promotion is more effective when both sides are happy with the deal."

Well, disappointing to have a great champion like Gennady sidelined for half a year, but he's already fought twice in 2016, so it's not the worst layoff in the world. I hope they DO make the fight in the first quarter of 2017 though.

Last edited:
Definitely a let down for fans but more especially to both camps it couldn't be finalized for December 10.

Keep the faith it happens in early 2017.

Stay up brother @RR

Like 2pac said, "You are appreciated."

Jacob's trainer says that he would not allow Jacobs to fight GGG unless he had 10-12 weeks to train.

Calls it a "huge event" that should not be rushed.

“From my fighter’s point of view, it’s not going to happen,” Rozier told THE RING of Dec. 10. “We haven’t really even started to gear up (for training) and we’re talking about six weeks to get it all together. Honestly, from my standpoint, I wouldn’t let him fight on Dec. 10. That’s just the bottom line. I would tell them we’re not fighting Dec. 10. It’s not enough time to prepare."

Rozier would need “at least 10 to 12 weeks” for Jacobs, who holds a secondary title and is Golovkin’s WBA mandatory, to get ready.

Rozier thinks the fight would be better served if it happens in early 2017, anyway, from a promotional standpoint. “Why is it being rushed? It’s a huge event,” he said. “It would be ludicrous to think it would (happen Dec. 10). It’s not a club show.”

feed Lara to GGG (he has been asking for that fight for months now)

make it happen Uncle Al!

The problem with Jacobs is he thinks he is too important. The numbers from his last 2 fights that he headlined should show that. Decisions like these is why he is not a star.

and then he blames racism on why he is not a superstar.

GGG wasted so much time from Jacobs, Canelo, Saunders, Eubank this year when he couldve had another fight. It took Kell Brook 2 days.

The problem with Jacobs is he thinks he is too important. Decisions like these is why he is not a star.

I think you're confusing Danny Jacobs with Tyron Woodley.

The problem with Jacobs is he thinks he is too important. The numbers from his last 2 fights that he headlined should show that. Decisions like these is why he is not a star.

lolwhat?

Jacobs hasn't said shit about race

And Donald Trump for a legit candidate for that matter.

Back