GGG vs Jacobs 2016 = Dead

This was NOT a "super" fight - it was a really good fight. Your over estimating your fighters appeal which is understandable I would too. Danny is NOT in the same league as GGG and Canelo and I think part of the issue is he THINKS he is. If he beats one of the 2 then yes of course but right now hes not as noone outside of real fans know who he is. He should taken a 70-30 split against GGG won and then went for the giant Pay day of either a Canelo fight or a GGG rematch ........ instead he priced himself out whether thats becasue he doesn't want to fight GGG or just has a inflated sense of self worth. As a fan I really like Jacobs but if he doesn't accept a fight he's going to get passed over on alot of chances to really make a name.

I was talking about Juanma/Yuri.

Is Danny willing to back off that 60-40 demand? If he takes 70-30 the fight happens if not I can;t see GGG accepting it and he shouldn't.

There's other stuff beyond that number that's created an issue. That said, Danny wants the fight and as I said earlier GGG, Canelo and Danny all need to fight to get the guarantee they want

Time to get the talks started again.

Loeffler told Steven Kim that they have 7 days to negotiate

Hopefully this happens tired of ggg fighting weak competition

Thats true, but he has also left the MW class and yet he is still the lineal champ, according to some. In my eyes that is stupid having a lineal champ who isnt even in the division anymore.

To most people it looked lame as hell. Its not that he just dropped the belt, it's the entire situation. He calls GGG into the ring speaks a load of shite amping the fans up, he gets asked at the presser about fighting GGG next, he then gives us a double bicep pose. Oscar is giggling away saying more shite about "dont forget to pick up the phone". All of this to led us to him dropping the belt and leaving the division. It was lame as hell.
Come on dude, no one can predict the future,not Canelo not GGG. The dude obviously said he wanted to make the fight if terms were solid...Terms weren't, and he said fuck it. This "going back on his word" shit is lame and childish. Do you really understand business?

I don't understand what the issue is. Didn't @RR always say from the jump, that if terms weren't what they wanted, GGG's camp could kick rocks?
Isn't that how it always works?

Come on dude, no one can predict the future,not Canelo not GGG. The dude obviously said he wanted to make the fight if terms were solid...Terms weren't, and he said fuck it. This "going back on his word" shit is lame and childish. Do you really understand business?
It looked lame. I get why he did it, so what. It looked lame as fuck, pretending it didnt wont change it.

Anyway GGG vs Canelo is old and boring now, it happened (well it didnt happen) time to move on. Im sure we will all get to comment on it again next year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockweiler
Back