GGG is The RING's new P4P #1, Crawford the TBRB's new P4P #1

Not to take anything away from Jacobs, but Cotto was more accomplished overall and on a tear. So yes, I think clearly outboxing someone as good as Cotto is as impressive as having a very close fight with Danny Jacobs.
Ok I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally I think Jacobs is underrated and I think he'd beat Canelo if they fought.

A lot of people thought Golovkin lost to Jacobs but the record books show otherwise. Its a sport, you have to go by stats if you're ranking someone.
More people think GGG won. I think the poll on here was 55 to 35% in GGG's favour. And GGG vs Canelo was much higher in GGG's favour. So the majority think that GGG won both fights. I think it's fair to have GGG as P4P #1 not just based on the ACTUAL result of the fights but on how most people scored the fight.

Ok I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally I think Jacobs is underrated and I think he'd beat Canelo if they fought.

I think he would, too. But that's different, imo. He has to get the win to get the credit for it.

I think he would, too. But that's different, imo. He has to get the win to get the credit for it.
True. But I doubt it's a fight that we'll ever see, unfortunately.

Crawford is too high and Kovalev shouldn't be on there anymore than someone like Danny Garcia imo. Thurman deserves a spot on there as well.

Canelo should be higher, the GGG fight was a draw after all.

Crawford is too high and Kovalev shouldn't be on there anymore than someone like Danny Garcia imo. Thurman deserves a spot on there as well.

Canelo should be higher, the GGG fight was a draw after all.

I agree with all of what you said. And particularly Canelo should be higher as he did get the draw against the #1 on the list, on paper at least. I personally don't think he did get the draw but if you are going to make a P4P list then you have to decide if results count. If they do count then Canelo has to be higher up.

And in that regard I wouldn't have Lomachenko so high up on the list because his two best wins are Russell and Walters who I don't think are good enough to put him in the top 5 P4P. Clearly Lomachenko is being placed in the P4P list because of the talent he appears to have rather than his actual achievements. If he beats Rigondeaux in good fashion I think he deserves to move right up the list to maybe #2. But I also don't think Rigondeaux deserves to be #4 on that list, not in terms of achievements that is. If he beats Lomachenko then that's a different story.

Last edited:
I agree with all of what you said. And particularly Canelo should be higher as he did get the draw against the #1 on the list, on paper at least. I personally don't think he did get the draw but if you are going to make a P4P list then you have to decide if results count. If they do count then Canelo has to be higher up.

And in that regard I wouldn't have Lomachenko so high up on the list because his two best wins are Russell and Walters who I don't think are good enough to put him in the top 5 P4P. Clearly Lomachenko is being placed in the P4P list because of the talent he appears to have rather than his actual achievements. If he beats Rigondeaux in good fashion I think he deserves to move right up the list to maybe #2. But I also don't think Rigondeaux deserves to be #4 on that list, not in terms of achievements that is. If he beats Lomachenko then that's a different story.
You remember when rigs kicked the shit out of donaire who was meant to be the next Filipino superstar?

I know that didn't happen but rigs is no joke. Like I said before taking an L second fight in to salido is not a joke. He's a world class boxer. Do I agree with number 2, no. Is he very good, yes. All that needs saying.

You remember when rigs kicked the shit out of donaire who was meant to be the next Filipino superstar?

I know that didn't happen but rigs is no joke. Like I said before taking an L second fight in to salido is not a joke. He's a world class boxer. Do I agree with number 2, no. Is he very good, yes. All that needs saying.

Oh I'd rate Rigondeaux on ability alone very highly and the Donaire was a significant win but what other name has he beat? If we are basing it on record alone then I don't think he deserves to be in the top ten P4P or maybe just in it at 10 or 9.

And for Lomachenko I think he is easily a top ten P4P and on ability alone I'd put him at no.3 but I can't put him that high based on his record alone.

Oh I'd rate Rigondeaux on ability alone very highly and the Donaire was a significant win but what other name has he beat? If we are basing it on record alone then I don't think he deserves to be in the top ten P4P or maybe just in it at 10 or 9.

And for Lomachenko I think he is easily a top ten P4P and on ability alone I'd put him at no.3 but I can't put him that high based on his record alone.
Was just curious pal, donaire seemed to get there on merit to me, nobody had done what he did to montiel. People rank hipster fighters too high.

So if you lose/draw with another p4p fighter suddenly you're a bum? and that's regardless of the questionable nature of the outcome of 3 fights..

To me pound for pound always should have applied only to fighters who moved up in weight class or defeated other p4p fighters....like if maybe golovkin beat Floyd and james degale at 160 in an extremely hypothetical situation where they both changed weight class to fight him he would be p4p...otherwise I think the criteria should be about fighting in multiple weight classes...

Give golovkin the award for best/most dominant champion or whatever, but not p4p. I'd have lomachenko and mikey Garcia up there. And I think GGG beat canelo 9-3

So if you lose/draw with another p4p fighter suddenly you're a bum? and that's regardless of the questionable nature of the outcome of 3 fights..

To me pound for pound always should have applied only to fighters who moved up in weight class or defeated other p4p fighters....like if maybe golovkin beat Floyd and james degale at 160 in an extremely hypothetical situation where they both changed weight class to fight him he would be p4p...otherwise I think the criteria should be about fighting in multiple weight classes...

Give golovkin the award for best/most dominant champion or whatever, but not p4p. I'd have lomachenko and mikey Garcia up there. And I think GGG beat canelo 9-3
I didn't see the fight your way but you're entitled to your opinion. Why should people have to start jumping around weight classes? People go dizzy for fighters who dominate one division for years and others call bullshit and say they should have moved up. Did anyone really want to see someone like Toney at hw?

Teddy?

More people think GGG won. I think the poll on here was 55 to 35% in GGG's favour. And GGG vs Canelo was much higher in GGG's favour. So the majority think that GGG won both fights. I think it's fair to have GGG as P4P #1 not just based on the ACTUAL result of the fights but on how most people scored the fight.
Jacobs fans didnt throw tantrums after the fights so we didn't get a flood of press row scores after. A lot of people thought jacobs won.

Jacobs fans didnt throw tantrums after the fights so we didn't get a flood of press row scores after. A lot of people thought jacobs won.
Those of us who saw it as a jacobs win said so and didn't run around causing drama. You're right. If people don't realise crying on a forum about decisions isn't changing anything I have no idea what they are looking for, man up and grow up. We all know what we saw, we don't need validation.

Well, you didn't even have to be a Jacobs fan to score the GGG fight for him. I was rooting for GGG - nothing against Jacobs, though - but I scored it 114-113 for Danny.

Yeah sure 35% is a significant amount of people who thought Jacobs won but 55% thought that GGG won which is quite a lot more.

Just found out something quite interesting. When Vasyl Lomachenko was asked in an interview who he thought was #1 P4P, he replied not me but Terrence Crawford. I'm guessing that he's basing that on how talented he thinks Crawford is rather than actual achievements.

Yeah sure 35% is a significant amount of people who thought Jacobs won but 55% thought that GGG won which is quite a lot more.
You're moving the goalpost to suit your argument.

You're moving the goalpost to suit your argument.
No I'm quoting factual information to support my argument, which is: the majority of people think that GGG won.

Back