GGG is The RING's new P4P #1, Crawford the TBRB's new P4P #1

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that.

*Some recent P4P developments*

01ae12_13ec82cd1cd5456685735a3645447685.png
01ae12_ab21ceea47e74313ad0c4a05b3b89e99.png

As if we didn't already have enough of them, the BWAA now has their own Pound-for-Pound Top 10 list. There are two types of BWAA members, full and partial (auxiliary), and any of them can vote if they choose to for the results to be published bimonthly (even months). At this time they have 117 members including their president, Joseph Santoliquito. No other publication/media outlet has a voting panel as qualified or credentialed with anywhere near as many panelists. That's the good thing. The bad thing? Voting & publishing the results bimonthly wasn't the way to go.

Ward was their inaugural winner in mid August before he retired. This wasn't covered by the media at all (mainstream or "new") until last month when Crawford became their new P4P #1 after receiving the most votes. BoxingScene picked it up.

Andre Ward Tops BWAA's Inaugural Top-10 Pound-For-Pound List
Terence Crawford Is The BWAA's Pound-For-Pound No. 1
Twitter: @boxingwriters

The RING is bringing back a newer version of their honorary Pound-for-Pound belt which will be awarded to GGG.

14akmk7.jpg

Rigo has a shot at the top spot on a 'worst career management ever' list.

Rigo has a shot at the top spot on a 'worst career management ever' list.
It seems to be a crowded list. If you were an advisor to a top boxer for three decades it seems a random coincidence that the fighter is broke and the manager is sleeping on Benjamin’s.

I think considering kovalev did beat ward once (fuck yes he did) then lost and came back with an impressive KO (not great opposition) I am not too bothered by Kova being in that list. I am also happy with GGG in #1 cos I saw him beating Canelo.

I like Mikey there, I think he will be climbing that list very soon

Back