Getting frustrated at my gym

That’s sad. is the bb running a cult where everyone just blindly follows him?

Well, the BB make some bs story on how he got his BB.

Lot of people would leave at the start but some would stay and by the time they realise that he is a fraud. It is too late. They are like purple belt or above and just rather live the lie than leave.

Well, the BB make some bs story on how he got his BB.

Lot of people would leave at the start but some would stay and by the time they realise that he is a fraud. It is too late. They are like purple belt or above and just rather live the lie than leave.

What's the story? I'm intrigued!

What's the story? I'm intrigued!

Nothing special really.

The usual trick.

Brazilian flies in and start realising that not many people knows much about bjj. They might some basic knowledge and just magically self promote to BB.

If anyone asked, they will claim that they got promoted by someone really famous or just some unknown master.

Either way, everyone knows they are bs ... most of them try to buy their legitimate by buying some affiliation.

Uhh yeah ?

I'm 36 dude, where else do i go that I can make friends? Work?

I'm in the same stage of my life. I wouldn't say that my BJJ pals are my best friends but I enjoy my time with them pretty much.

I have old friends from school and from way back, but I don't see them as much as I see the guys at the gym.

I would hate to lose touch with them and it would be a big part of my decision to switch gym.

1 hour is BS if you want to roll, we do mostly 1.5 hours training with at least 5 X 6 minutes rounds.

The only 1 hour classes are followed by the ''advanced class'' where we do no warm ups, we do 2 techniques and we roll for 40-45 minutes.

We rarely do warm ups, you should come early and do your warm up by yourself, we usually do a technique that we can do at a high pace so we get the blood flowing.

And the karatification is complete

Or mostly
Shrug<Fedor23>

And the karatification is complete

Or mostly
Shrug<Fedor23>

Our only hope is that adults outweight the kids in BJJ, so there are more people able to stand up and criticize the system.

My kids are doing the classes and I know that they roll, or at least they do positionnal sparring integrated in educationnal games. Just enough to roughen them up a little.

When the kids will start doing all technique classes, we will know that we are 10 years away from complete karate JJ

Our only hope is that adults outweight the kids in BJJ, so there are more people able to stand up and criticize the system.

My kids are doing the classes and I know that they roll, or at least they do positionnal sparring integrated in educationnal games. Just enough to roughen them up a little.

When the kids will start doing all technique classes, we will know that we are 10 years away from complete karate JJ
For all the grief some five wrestling, that’s never going to be an issue lol

I'm in the same stage of my life. I wouldn't say that my BJJ pals are my best friends but I enjoy my time with them pretty much.

I have old friends from school and from way back, but I don't see them as much as I see the guys at the gym.

I would hate to lose touch with them and it would be a big part of my decision to switch gym.

Aside from work and home, the only social interactions I have are the people at my bjj gym, thats it. All of my old highschool friends have moved on.

Its a big deal to me because I genuinely do like my training partners.

1 hour is BS if you want to roll, we do mostly 1.5 hours training with at least 5 X 6 minutes rounds.

The only 1 hour classes are followed by the ''advanced class'' where we do no warm ups, we do 2 techniques and we roll for 40-45 minutes.

We rarely do warm ups, you should come early and do your warm up by yourself, we usually do a technique that we can do at a high pace so we get the blood flowing.

5 rolls every day? I feel happy when I get 3.

Man, what an uphill battle I have to change things where I train

5 rolls every day? I feel happy when I get 3.

Man, what an uphill battle I have to change things where I train

I'm a lucky guy, I'm self employed and I can manage my schedule at wish, my gym give me access to 3 daytime class plus 4 night classes + parent kids classes on sundays with open mats all week-end.

I don't go to every classes of course, but last week I spent 8 hours at the gym and I rolled 30 rounds.

I think for your situation you should work on convincing people to roll after classes, it'll change the mood and the teachers may follow up in that way, or maybe they will take for granted that people will roll after the class...

Been there 2 years now.

For the longest time the hour structure was 15 minute warm-up, 30 technique drills (that's about 3 techniques), then last 15 minutes rolling then open mat after class if you want.

Last few months it's warm ups and a shit ton of techniques taking up whole hour, then they end class and then open mat.

The problem is for someone like me who has a lunch hour at work and baby sitting to arrange for kids to go to night classes this makes it extremely frustrating to get even 1 roll in.

At lunch I've been coming in 15 minutes late in the hopes I can roll a few times AFTER class, and at night i often have to leave and not roll at all the baby sitter will want to get paid 2 hours or I have to put kids to sleep or whatever.

I tried to give hints to the two professors but it seems to get worse and worse.

What would you do in this case ? No one else seems to care but me either. It's almost like people don't want to roll

Ask your instructor. At times I'm on the same time restraint. Most times, as long as I ask, I'll be allowed to pick someone 10mins early for a round so I can just into the shower first and get back to work if I want to roll

I hate every single one of my training partners, it makes it easy to get solid rolls in.

See the problem here is that it sounds like you're training at an American school with American instructors and management.

What you want is a school run by immigrants, preferably Eastern European.

Then you can show up for a 90 minute class, warm up for 15 minutes, then have the entire class roll for 10 rounds at 5 minutes each with 1 minute breaks to rotate partners which leaves 15 minutes for technique at the end.

Back