Getting frustrated at my gym

See the problem here is that it sounds like you're training at an American school with American instructors and management.

What you want is a school run by immigrants, preferably Eastern European.

Then you can show up for a 90 minute class, warm up for 15 minutes, then have the entire class roll for 10 rounds at 5 minutes each with 1 minute breaks to rotate partners which leaves 15 minutes for technique at the end.

Well I train at a Gracie Barra and their reputation isn't that great anymore. I like it though because of the people there and my instructor is pretty cool and very legit. But I am very aware of other affiliations who train hardcore like you mentioned. I'm not sure I can roll THAT hard but I just want a solid 15-20 minute of sparring end of each class.

Well I train at a Gracie Barra and their reputation isn't that great anymore. I like it though because of the people there and my instructor is pretty cool and very legit. But I am very aware of other affiliations who train hardcore like you mentioned. I'm not sure I can roll THAT hard but I just want a solid 15-20 minute of sparring end of each class.
If you want to be as hardcore as you claim. You’ll need to

15 minutes for technique at the end.

Why do technique at the end? Had encountered it in a club in my home town when visiting parents and I assumed they did it just because the club was trash.

Why do technique at the end? Had encountered it in a club in my home town when visiting parents and I assumed they did it just because the club was trash.

Because the greedy instructor s are turning bjj into tai chi chuan

Because the greedy instructor s are turning bjj into tai chi chuan

How is doing technique after sparring helps instructors make a profit? IMHO it just makes you get injured in sparring more because you are less warmed up.

How is doing technique after sparring helps instructors make a profit? IMHO it just makes you get injured in sparring more because you are less warmed up.

I read it that they do techniques instead of sparring.

They don't want people to spar so they can retain more students...in fact one school does not their students spar until they get 2 strikes .

They also give a green belt for adult. Because they want to provide instant gratification and their customers don't want to admit that they are only white belts when they tell their workmates...

They don't want people to spar so they can retain more students...

I can imagine reducing/removing sparring to turn BJJ into a TMA (the Torrance Gracie seem to be the flagship representatives of that sort of watered down TMA-self-defence jiu jitsu. The seem to make money that way and Rener picked up an attractive wife during his private lessons so it seems to be working).

Back