Getting back into video gaming? Xbox One or Playstation 4?

What an amazing list of exclusives.
{<jordan}

Yikes lol

What's so hard to understand? You figured it out. I am not gonna lmgtfy you seem like a smart fellow and know to use a search engine.

this guy said if you like games buy an xbox, I just wanted to know what games, since this gen xbox is clearly lacking high quality exclusives.

I mainly play pc btw.

man gamers are fucking weird.

Actually, I think backward capability is important. Keep in mind I havent played a single gane on playstation 3 or xbox 360. I'm guessing thebgrahics arent as good on either and landscapes nit as large or elaborate, but core np intelligence and player activate possibilities probably isn'that different. Is it? Surely those old gmes are worth playing still?

Anyway, I am leaning heavily to PS4 and will more than likeot get it. The last of Us game looks really good. Any stealth survifal type games like that on Xbox?
As time goes on “older games”. Now are more “playable” than in the past

Each new console generation, the graphics gaps get smaller and smaller.

The one, has some great backwards cap going back to original Xbox.

Now it’s not all titles but the amount of them keeps growing and growing.

I’ll use some popular examples that were quite well known in their time.

Force unleashed from the 360 era still looks dang good playing it on the one, it’s not so far removed that you say “ damn how did people play this?” Like with some era of games.

Now put in Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy.
I just recently loaded this game for the first time since I played it on my original Xbox.

The graphics are noticably worse to the point of “damn, I don’t remeber them being this bad”

But it is still a very playable game, with a great story and interactions.
Choices to make i the game with different outcomes etc etc.

The backlog of playable games, you might have never played before on the Xbox system that can be had for pennies on the dollar, going back not one but two systems gives you a massive amount of titles to play.

It is a good thing, if you care about that.

I rarely go out and buy something from original Xbox era to play now, but knowing I can take an old game I have, when nothing new at the moment moves me enough to spend 50-60 bucks on it and play is great.

Some people in here can't seem to understand that some other people just don't care about owning or playing a lot of different games. I've been on Xbox for 8 years and all I have every really seriously played was Titanfall, Call of Duty and Destiny, none of which are exclusives. 90 50 sounds about my age and I can relate to what he is saying, regarding his preference for FPS games and his lack of interest in any particular exclusives from either title. It doesn't make him an Xbox fanboy or a PS denier either way.

Now that I have a PS4 I have the option to buy exclusive titles, but that's not to say that I WILL go out and buy exclusive titles for PS4; I may not want any.

Just because you may want to own and play a multitude of games doesn't mean that everyone else does. I've been very content with my selection of non-exclusive games and the only reason I picked up the PS4 was due to the Black Friday price drop and the fact that my daughter bought herself one too, so maybe someday I'll get into some other game with her.

As it stands right now, the only game I've been playing on the PS4 so far is Space Hulk death Wing. I haven't popped Spider-Man in yet.

I can admit that Sony seems to have better exclusive games to choose from compared to Xbox, but that doesn't mean I'm running out to buy them all. Nost of them don't really interest me. I know I loved TLOU on PS3, and that Horizon game looks fun so maybe some day I'll pick them up, but I'm not chomping at the bit to get them.

Last edited:
Calm down man. I think @90 50 is legit. I don't really care to much about PS4 exclusives either. I don't know why it's so hard for you Sony fanbois to fathom.

Objectively Sonys exclusives may be better now as of the time of this post but that doesn't mean Xbox players don't have shit all to play. FOH.

As an xbox player the only triple A shit coming out that I was aware of is Halo and Gears. Those are good games but I have played them to death. Microsofts exclusives this gen are terrible. Nothing new and not much there.

this guy said if you like games buy an xbox, I just wanted to know what games, since this gen xbox is clearly lacking high quality exclusives.

I mainly play pc btw.

Ori, Forza Horizon 3 and 4, Gears 4, Halo 5, Rare Replay etc. Etc. Aren't high quality? What planet am I on? Go find their metacritic score.

As an xbox player the only triple A shit coming out that I was aware of is Halo and Gears. Those are good games but I have played them to death. Microsofts exclusives this gen are terrible. Nothing new and not much there.
Exactly

I’m not chomping at the bit to play halo 70 or Gears of War 15, hell im not even sure I played Halo 5? I think is the number that I got last? I got the Halo edition One, and I can’t even remeber if i played it or not.

When we got the One, I don’t think I ever even played it myself until Doom 2016 came out.

I think I might have gotten jaded with long running series with Mass Effect Andromeda and it’s kind of killed my “must have sequel” feelings.

When the news came out no Shepard, and then all the bad press the beta was getting i said f it and never even got it.

I think Some series like Doom has it right, have some really big breaks between new titles, instead of flooding you with releases that underwelm.

I remeber the last Gears I got I “liked” and played through once, but wasn’t anything special like the first one.

I don’t think I’ve ever played through any years besides 1 more than once.

And I’m the type of person that if i like a game I’ll play it through a bunch.

I’ve played through force unleashed enough times on BOTH the 360 and the one, to unlock the “break” in the game where you basically become invincible.

Online you can find people talking about the God mode “break” in the game, some people claim it isn’t real.

You just have to play through an UNGODLY amount, I’ve done it on TWO systems.

The original Doom, there is litterly no telling how many times I’ve done complete playthroughs on PC, 32x and 360

Some of these new titles, it seems are so short and so lack of challenge, when you are done you aren’t invested enough to return to them later and say” let’s see if i can do this AGAIN!”

However, 2 of the only 4 games I have any interest in are sequel games but they haven’t been done to death.
Doom and rage.

Been waiting on the rage sequel for a minute, it’s about damn time.

I do wish they’d do another Dead Space however. But the last one did kinda vear off from the main game series I play and story style a bit, but was still good.

I played through Mass Effect so much I could actually use the Geth Sniper rifle. Loved that gun

You have to be pretty dang powerful to use it iirc the description says too heavy and kicks too hard for any human to use or some shit.

Out of the list of best exclusives i just looked at Halo and gears of war are the only two that I would get if i had to pick something.

Xbox just seems to have more games of my play style.
So a 1st person shooter and a 3rd person Shooter, both of which had their heydays 15 years ago. <{Heymansnicker}>

I'm not knocking you for your preferences, of course. I don't have either a PS4 of X1, and last gen I had both consoles with equal amounts of libraries. No horse in this race for me, I've got the golden wombo combo of badass PC + Switch. I may get a PS4 to round it out though. You may actually like The Order 1886, although a lot of people shit on it. It's a 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics and QTEs, very similar game play to Gears. It's just more story focused, so a little less game play and a little more narrative.

To the TS: most of the pros and cons for each console have been mentioned. To me, it seems like a PS4 is more suited to your tastes, but maybe also a Switch. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is incredible.

If you compare the Xbox 1X to the PS4 Pro, the X1 is the more powerful console, but you have to deal with it's utterly shit tier UI. PS4 has the better exclusive library, as Xbox only offers Halo, Gears, and Forza. There is the EA pass, but fuck EA, they're not getting a cent of my money. I'm still holding off on BFV for my PC just because of the publisher being vampiric. Xbox does have the backward compatibility, and to be honest I am the kind of person that replays games a lot, so if you're the same that may interest you.

TBH you're better off with a PC. All Xbox games come to PC, multi-platform games all make their way to PC, you have every library of console video games at your finger tips through emulation, plus most games are going to perform better(higher resolution AND higher frame rates). People talk about the X1X 4k resolution but never mention frame rates... that's because they're getting 30FPS with drops. People will say, "But PCs are expensive! You need to spend $800-$1000 to run games on high with 60+ FPS," which is true! What they fail to mention is that they bought an Xbox 1 at release, then the S, then the 1x(or PS4 then PS4 Pro) all at $300/400+ dollars, so they've spent more money on the same console in the same generation, on hardware that will be obsolete in the next year or two. The cycle then begins again. Another thing are game prices. Sales on Steam and GoG happen ALL OF THE TIME. Never spend $50.00 for a used copy of a relatively new game at GameStop ever again. Also, hard drive space, although I think consoles have made it easier to upgrade your storage space, you can have faster boot/load times with an SSD in your PC.

PC > Switch/PS4 > Xbox IMO

I mainly play pc btw.

Wat? I’d never seen the exclusives compared like that. It was pretty shocking lol.

Ori, Forza Horizon 3 and 4, Gears 4, Halo 5, Rare Replay etc. Etc. Aren't high quality? What planet am I on? Go find their metacritic score.
Just pointing out, for luls, all of those games are available(and better) on PC.(Except maybe H5, I'm not sure if that's on PC. Halo was good... in 2002, lol)
<21>

Wat? I’d never seen the exclusives compared like that. It was pretty shocking lol.
That’s because the exclusive list they posted was shit, and not complete, did you look at the link i posted with all the Xbox exclusives?
A lot on disk and way more on download only (not that any ornament them were gripping) but there weren’t quite a few.

So a 1st person shooter and a 3rd person Shooter, both of which had their heydays 15 years ago. <{Heymansnicker}>

I'm not knocking you for your preferences, of course. I don't have either a PS4 of X1, and last gen I had both consoles with equal amounts of libraries. No horse in this race for me, I've got the golden wombo combo of badass PC + Switch. I may get a PS4 to round it out though. You may actually like The Order 1886, although a lot of people shit on it. It's a 3rd person shooter with cover mechanics and QTEs, very similar game play to Gears. It's just more story focused, so a little less game play and a little more narrative.

To the TS: most of the pros and cons for each console have been mentioned. To me, it seems like a PS4 is more suited to your tastes, but maybe also a Switch. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is incredible.

If you compare the Xbox 1X to the PS4 Pro, the X1 is the more powerful console, but you have to deal with it's utterly shit tier UI. PS4 has the better exclusive library, as Xbox only offers Halo, Gears, and Forza. There is the EA pass, but fuck EA, they're not getting a cent of my money. I'm still holding off on BFV for my PC just because of the publisher being vampiric. Xbox does have the backward compatibility, and to be honest I am the kind of person that replays games a lot, so if you're the same that may interest you.

TBH you're better off with a PC. All Xbox games come to PC, multi-platform games all make their way to PC, you have every library of console video games at your finger tips through emulation, plus most games are going to perform better(higher resolution AND higher frame rates). People talk about the X1X 4k resolution but never mention frame rates... that's because they're getting 30FPS with drops. People will say, "But PCs are expensive! You need to spend $800-$1000 to run games on high with 60+ FPS," which is true! What they fail to mention is that they bought an Xbox 1 at release, then the S, then the 1x(or PS4 then PS4 Pro) all at $300/400+ dollars, so they've spent more money on the same console in the same generation, on hardware that will be obsolete in the next year or two. The cycle then begins again. Another thing are game prices. Sales on Steam and GoG happen ALL OF THE TIME. Never spend $50.00 for a used copy of a relatively new game at GameStop ever again. Also, hard drive space, although I think consoles have made it easier to upgrade your storage space, you can have faster boot/load times with an SSD in your PC.

PC > Switch/PS4 > Xbox IMO
Are we about to have the badass PC pissing match in here now too? LOL

I’m suprised there hasn’t been and Intel vs Ryzen war breaknout yet with all the PS be Xbox back and forth.

As far as upgrading storage space on an Xbox, it’s pretty simple to plug in an external ssd, these days that’s not a big deal like on the 360 where people were buying specifically made hdd’s to plug into the back of their 360’s.

The new X, is pretty modulary built for a console.

Watched some vids on people taking them apart, I don’t think it will be too long before people are cracking them open and throwing that Shit 5400 rpm hdd out and putting ssd’s In them.

Are we about to have the badass PC pissing match in here now too? LOL

I’m suprised there hasn’t been and Intel vs Ryzen war breaknout yet with all the PS be Xbox back and forth.

As far as upgrading storage space on an Xbox, it’s pretty simple to plug in an external ssd, these days that’s not a big deal like on the 360 where people were buying specifically made hdd’s to plug into the back of their 360’s.

The new X, is pretty modulary built for a console.

Watched some vids on people taking them apart, I don’t think it will be too long before people are cracking them open and throwing that Shit 5400 rpm hdd out and putting ssd’s In them.
Nah, no debating for me: it's clear what the superior gaming machine is. I was pointing out the vast amount of pros to owning a PC which will last for multiple gaming generations, as opposed to Sony and MS's console offerings.

So you can add SSDs to consoles now? That's great. I knew you could add external HDDs for those sweet sweet higher RPMs and more storage space. Doesn't cracking open the chassis void any warranty though?

That’s because the exclusive list they posted was shit, and not complete, did you look at the link i posted with all the Xbox exclusives?
A lot on disk and way more on download only (not that any ornament them were gripping) but there weren’t quite a few.
Not really an exclusive if it can be played on another platform, is it?

Just pointing out, for luls, all of those games are available(and better) on PC.(Except maybe H5, I'm not sure if that's on PC. Halo was good... in 2002, lol)
<21>
Technically you can play any game on pc you have on Xbox with Xbox for Windows , connect the Xbox to the pc through WiFi and play.

I haven’t tried it yet for fear it will be buggy that way(and when I’m playing on my pc someone is in the living room either playing on the Xbox or watching tv, which kinda defeats my purpose of going in the office to play in my pc if the Xbox was open in the living room lol)

Not really an exclusive if it can be played on another platform, is it?
?? Those were exclusive to Xbox, the download list was Xbox only downloads.

?? Those were exclusive to Xbox, the download list was Xbox only downloads.
Lmao, no they aren’t. Just glancing at the list, Cuphead is not exclusive to Xbox. You can play it on PC.

His link showed the actual list of exclusives that cannot be played on any other platform.

Nah, no debating for me: it's clear what the superior gaming machine is. I was pointing out the vast amount of pros to owning a PC which will last for multiple gaming generations, as opposed to Sony and MS's console offerings.

So you can add SSDs to consoles now? That's great. I knew you could add external HDDs for those sweet sweet higher RPMs and more storage space. Doesn't cracking open the chassis void any warranty though?
Yeah adding and external hdd is the same as an external ssd, plug in the usb, format and done.

You don’t have to buy an Xbox or “for Xbox” branded hdd or ssd any will work, just format it.

As far as breaking one open and voiding the warranty, I’m sure anyone technical enough to open one and clone the drive to an ssd and install it doesn’t give 3 shits about warranty

Lmao, no they aren’t. Just glancing at the list, Cuphead is not exclusive to Xbox. You can play it on PC.

His link showed the actual list of exclusives that cannot be played on any other platform.
I guess their list was “can’t play on ps4” nkt can’t play on pc.

But in reality, anything on Xbox CAN be played on pc

Depending on how good you are, anything on any console EVER CAN be played on PC

Some just take more work than others.

Actually, I think backward capability is important. Keep in mind I havent played a single game on playstation 3 or xbox 360. I'm guessing the graphics/landsapes aren't as good, but core NPC intelligence and player actins aren't that different. Regardless, I imagine surely those old gmes are worth playing still.

Anyway, I am leaning heavily to PS4 and will more than likely get it. The last of Us game looks really good. Any stealth survifal type games like that on Xbox? Any good exclusive Action games ?

Is the PS4 control that shitty?
I prefer the PS4 controller. It’s not bad at all, also u should of decided last week.. great Spider-Man/ PS4 deal or xbox Minecraft deals going on Black Friday week.

Actually, I think backward capability is important. Keep in mind I havent played a single game on playstation 3 or xbox 360. I'm guessing the graphics/landsapes aren't as good, but core NPC intelligence and player actins aren't that different. Regardless, I imagine surely those old gmes are worth playing still.

Anyway, I am leaning heavily to PS4 and will more than likely get it. The last of Us game looks really good. Any stealth survifal type games like that on Xbox? Any good exclusive Action games ?

Is the PS4 control that shitty?

yeah I mean there are tons of old games you could play but why when there's a boatload of current gen games you can play now?

unless you trying to save money and wanna play the previous gen on the cheap just hit up ebay or amazon and look for a ps3 or xbox360. you can probably find some excellent deals that come with a stash of games.

i haven't even played newer games I've bought. I've already got a backlog of games on the switch and my PS4 has at least 40+ games i haven't touched yet. PlayStation offers 3-4 free games every month so i just activate them but don't download so i have them for a rainy day but i never seem to find the time to play them. throw in my giant list of PC games on steam and i see no reason to buy new games and yet still do...

i prefer the PS4 controller over the xbox but its not as sturdy as the xbox for shore.. the battery life also got worse IMO.

Back