Georgia Cop FIRED for Not Writing Enough Tickets

It’s not like he was refusing to meet an artificial quota. Failing to cite drivers at accidents seems like a pretty serious violation of department policy.

This. A police citation at an accident is often the determining thing for if an insurance rules a crash 50/50 or no fault for one of the parties and doesn’t raise their rates or even charge a deductible but rather go after the opposing person’s insurance

If I get hit because someone fucked up a roundabout while I was properly in my lane, I want that cop to issue a $100-200 ticket so that my insurance doesn’t see me as a bad driver

He seems like a guy who gets a little lazy about things that he deems unimportant. I think those people do fine at the work place so long as they come off as team players; but add that to a seeming habit of disagreeing with superiors, and it's not hard to see why he was fired.

He'd probably have gotten away with cutting people slack indefinitely if he was otherwise on the ball.

Now imagine if the police were doing this for profit and not just to cover expenses and you'll realize how retarded your world view is.

pigsG.PNG

I’m jealous of mainland cops who get to grow beards.

I’m not jealous of these overbearing departments who seemingly want to cite everyone and write every chickenshit tag in the book. Hell, I didn’t cite the young kid who rear ended me, nor did I get insurance involved. I hate traffic enforcement so glad I’m done with that shit.

Out of curiosity, are you allowed to write tickets if you are a party to the incident?

But "cops dont have quotas"?

Out of curiosity, are you allowed to write tickets if you are a party to the incident?

Not in my department at least, but I just mean I didn’t call anyone regarding it. It was a funny incident, I was on my way back from testifying in court so was in full uniform but driving my personal vehicle. When I stepped out after being rear ended while stopped at a red light the look on this 18 year old kid’s face was priceless. I just asked him to pull over and we talked story and that was it. Of course, if it had been one of the department’s vehicles my hands would have been tied.

Not in my department at least, but I just mean I didn’t call anyone regarding it. It was a funny incident, I was on my way back from testifying in court so was in full uniform but driving my personal vehicle. When I stepped out after being rear ended while stopped at a red light the look on this 18 year old kid’s face was priceless. I just asked him to pull over and we talked story and that was it. Of course, if it had been one of the department’s vehicles my hands would have been tied.

I sure wish more people were reasonable. I had a lady hit my personal work truck. Probably could have pocketed a few hundred bucks by making a claim and not repairing it, but honestly, it's a work truck and I don't care what it looks like.

I'd like to get outraged about this, but there's a serious lack of ticketing where I live and an insane number of avoidable accidents. Since traffic cameras came in, they really stopped ticketing the old fashioned way and it's like Mad Max out here now.

Tickets discourage shitty driving. Also, they help settle any dispute over who should pay damages.

If this guy is just refusing to ticket for speeding or something trivial that's one thing, and I'd side with him, but property damage with a clear at fault should probably result in a ticket most of the time.

Back