Georgia Cop FIRED for Not Writing Enough Tickets

Greoric

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well at least they can't call him a racist. They still may though.

"ignore lawful departmental policy and refuse to properly cite at-fault drivers who caused traffic crashes that resulted in property damage"

Well...

I’m jealous of mainland cops who get to grow beards.

I’m not jealous of these overbearing departments who seemingly want to cite everyone and write every chickenshit tag in the book. Hell, I didn’t cite the young kid who rear ended me, nor did I get insurance involved. I hate traffic enforcement so glad I’m done with that shit.

Next we will see cops fired for not having enough drug bust so they will start planting evidence

It’s not like he was refusing to meet an artificial quota. Failing to cite drivers at accidents seems like a pretty serious violation of department policy.

For a cop to be a "good employee" I guess they need to manufacture fake crimes to meet quotas now.

Cops can and do give people a break, it's called discretion.

But if the drivers at fault caused crashes, then they do deserve tickets. But even in accidents resulting in crashes, the officer may have reason to not issue, but that can only be known if one knows the specifics of the incident.

Last edited:
It’s not like he was refusing to meet an artificial quota. Failing to cite drivers at accidents seems like a pretty serious violation of department policy.

The law says you have to fault someone.

What happens when no one was at fault?

Why anyone defends laws written for insurance companies, including cops, is beyond me.

Why would anyone want that?

I edited your post to hide your overt racism.

Changes a post and edits “black men” to “criminal” and then calls someone else a racist....

<Dany07>

Yeah, not much to get upset about with this story as it is stated.

Citing people who are at fault in crashes can factor in with legal settlements as well from my understanding. Clearly showing who is at fault.

For a cop to be a "good employee" I guess they need to manufacture fake crimes to meet quotas now.

"Man, I am really swamped meeting this deadline. I had to plant coke on three people today just to catch up."

this is such a tough issue. on the one hand, i am all for discretion. you dont always need to give everyone a ticket for everything. las vegas is notorious for that. but thats one of the main ways after tourism we make money.

unfortunately, when you use discretion, that can be called into question. "why did that hot stripper not get a ticket for 60 in a 45 but I got one for 58 in a 45?"

"why did that white guy not get a ticket for running the stop sign, but the black guy did?"

the party on the receiving end is always going to question the motives.

that said, if a hot stripper gives me a bj, i am not writing the ticket

This would be a lot more common if police were privatized and dependent on independently raising revenue, yeah?
They would probably get bonuses for increasing profits.

Back