George St. Pierre or Fedor Emelianenko - Who's the most iconic MMA fighter? (The Finals)

Who's the most iconic MMA fighter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About time someone here makes a sane post.. lots of out of touch die hards here

Fedor is IMO without question one of the GOAT MMA fighters of all time. But so's Mighty Mouse and nobody would ever try and claim that Mighty Mouse is the most iconic MMA fighter ever. That would be laughed at. Impact and recognition matters for this.

If the majority of fans have no idea who the fuck you are, or don't even care if they do, then simply put you're not the most iconic no matter the fact that niche die hard fans acknowledge you. GOAT's an entirely separate thing, just as the overwhelming majority of sports fans probably couldn't name the realistic GOAT of their sport and would instead just name among the most iconic. People conflate these all the time.

Fedor is IMO without question one of the GOAT MMA fighters of all time. But so's Mighty Mouse and nobody would ever try and claim that Mighty Mouse is the most iconic MMA fighter ever. That would be laughed at. Impact and recognition matters for this.

If the majority of fans have no idea who the fuck you are, or don't even care if they do, then simply put you're not the most iconic no matter the fact that niche die hard fans acknowledge you. GOAT's an entirely separate thing, just as the overwhelming majority of sports fans probably couldn't name the realistic GOAT of their sport and would instead just name among the most iconic. People conflate these all the time.
Going by your criteria then conor is the most iconic. And either jones or gsp would be goat.

You're are plain wrong on that pal, so every person from back then loses to the current fighters... mma evolution blah blah except Fedor because he was so amazing :rolleyes:

Lol at Gane, Lewis, Tuivasa, etc being top 10 any time other than now

The only one who could Crack in the entire bunch was roy!

Werdum has never been a power puncher and literally had no striking in 2007 when they fought.

Who was gonna test his chin? Jake o Brian ? Cruz?
And big Ben was never a 1 hit quitter. And that roy win was because of a b.s stand up by the ref.

Yes, I'm old I watched it live. Roy was primarily wrestling because it was before he turned in to the puncher roy
I literally just said who could crack his chin: Rothwell, and Roy. Big Ben doesn’t have to have one-punch power, dude has damn near 30 (T)KOs on his record. He’s perfectly capable of stopping guys. Roy Nelson, who you claim hadn’t turned into “puncher Roy,” had in fact (T)KOd his previous 4 straight opponents going into that Arlovksi fight.
I was watching these fights live too, man (don’t be fooled by Sherdog join date lol).

Haha! Love this. Fedor is wearing the sweater and everything.
S4eBY.gif

I literally just said who could crack his chin: Rothwell, and Roy. Big Ben doesn’t have to have one-punch power, dude has damn near 30 (T)KOs on his record. He’s perfectly capable of stopping guys. Roy Nelson, who you claim hadn’t turned into “puncher Roy,” had in fact (T)KOd his previous 4 straight opponents going into that Arlovksi fight.
I was watching these fights live too, man (don’t be fooled by Sherdog join date lol).
Did Roy wrestle Andre or punch with him? Was it a b.s stand up that caused that ko?

I repeat Ben didnt have the stand up ability to stop Andre at that time he has zero 1 shot kill power but an awesome chin.

Roy wasn't the same Roy as post 2011 we will agree to disagree

Fedor fought a lot of cans that padded his record. Maldododo put him on stanky legs and won that fight. He never fought in the UFC because he would have got KO'd in his debut just like CroCop. It's amazing how delusional his fanbase is. GSP should have won this garbage poll, and its not even close.

Fedor fought a lot of cans that padded his record. Maldododo put him on stanky legs and won that fight. He never fought in the UFC because he would have got KO'd in his debut just like CroCop. It's amazing how delusional his fanbase is. GSP should have won this garbage poll, and its not even close.

Fedor beat 3 UFC champions. You need to get another hobby

Attachments

• upload_2023-10-7_23-52-22.png
    upload_2023-10-7_23-52-22.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 2
Not sure how you got that out of what I said,but sure you can make stuff up if you want.
Open your eyes. GSP is one of the most iconic MMA fighters out there. He is in commercials, sports betting aps etc. That's not making stuff up noob its a fact.

Back