George R.R. Martin's NIGHTFLYERS (Cancelled)

Apparently a film of this was already made back in 1987

original.jpeg

Huh, I thought he was getting this idea from Event Horizon

Edit, looks like someone beat me to it....twice

I've said it before and I'll say it again... He got lost in the minutia and is trapped in his own maze. He doesn't know the way out.
Perfectly stated.

Happy Thanksgiving, bro!

I'll take Things I Will Never Watch for $600, Alex

In the time it takes to watch an episode you could almost read the whole book. They're going to have to drag out every single thing that happens to make this last more than 2 episodes.

GRRM was on Colbert's show promoting another book, Fire and Blood which is a history of the Targaryens. The 700 page book is the first of another series that he likely will never finish.

Has anyone actually read the book?
I read it recently while on a couple of flights. It was alright, easy read. I don't see how they can make it into series so its probably a one and done thing.

In the time it takes to watch an episode you could almost read the whole book. They're going to have to drag out every single thing that happens to make this last more than 2 episodes.

Justified made 6 seasons out of a short story. It's really going to come down to the talent of the showrunner and writers.

Anybody seen this yet? How was it?

lol

So.. ‘Event Horizon’ basically

Is something he was doing instead of finishing A Song of Ice and Fire?

Troll level over 9000

So dumb... those first 4 or 5 books were so good.

The TV show has been a blessing and a curse.

LOL.

The dude at the end of the trailer was like "if I was to describe this series in 3 words it would be... just fuckin' awesome".

shoulda been "event horizon 2"

5 minutes in, looks like the shining in space
so far its not my bag

Troll level over 9000

So dumb... those first 4 or 5 books were so good.

The TV show has been a blessing and a curse.

In my opinion his books are dramatically over-rated, and the show is superior, even if it has faltered at times.

Martin has clearly never touched a woman, as everything he's written regarding sexual interaction is laughably bad.

While the core story is excellent it's hopelessly mired in tedious mystery that rarely ever leads anywhere. He's layered his sub-plots so densely he's clearly become lost in them, as often they're developed only to vanish, leaving us to wonder what the point was. It's one thing to weave misleading story elements into your narrative, subtly over time, and quite another to simply write thousands of words about something that ultimately has nothing to do with the story.

All too often he splinters his narrative into another story altogether without contributing a single thing to the narrative. I would be fine with that if he adopted an anthological form, and if the splinters were compelling, but he hasn't, and they're not.

Put simply, he started strong but got lost along the way, and his prose is amateur.

It looks like a tv show

Thats the problem I have

its cheap as shit looking

GRRM was on Colbert's show promoting another book, Fire and Blood which is a history of the Targaryens. The 700 page book is the first of another series that he likely will never finish.

The dude is a hack fraud

If he actually liked the books and cared about finishing the books he would have already

But this guy doesn't give a shit. All he cares about is the fame and the money

Dude is complete fucking sellout at every level

Back