George R.R. Martin's NIGHTFLYERS (Cancelled)

Just watched this. It's amazing. Really surprised people didn't love it. By far, one of my favorite Sci-Fi shows of all-time. And I'm a serious sci-fi TV and Movie buff.

This guy is one of the biggest frauds of the last movie/series era.

I'm definitely part of the "show is superior" crowd. Martin deserves credit for creating a intricate, complex and interesting world with a fresh take on fantasy... but he is a poor prose writer. The showrunners do seem to need his source material to perform at their best, however, but GoT is at it's best when they feel free to interpret and take it in their own direction.

This post did not age well, lol

I'm definitely part of the "show is superior" crowd. Martin deserves credit for creating a intricate, complex and interesting world with a fresh take on fantasy... but he is a poor prose writer. The showrunners do seem to need his source material to perform at their best, however, but GoT is at it's best when they feel free to interpret and take it in their own direction.

Definate what put me off the books after trying to start them but I think the most significant difference was the show added a layer of subtly to the chacaterisation.

This guy is one of the biggest frauds of the last movie/series era.
j-j-abrams-god-particle.jpg

Just watched this. It's amazing. Really surprised people didn't love it. By far, one of my favorite Sci-Fi shows of all-time. And I'm a serious sci-fi TV and Movie buff.

<DontBelieve1>

Actually, it did. You just need to read the rest of the line: "the writers do need Martin's source material to perform at their best".

Which is immediately followed by them doing their best when taking it in “their own direction”.

Or did you forget about that?

d6f.png

Which is immediately followed by them doing their best when taking it in “their own direction”.

Or did you forget about that?

d6f.png

No, I still believe the show was better than the books when they had source material to nuance and interpret.

Martin fucked himself. Taking like 20 years to get book 6 when he had all the momentum in the world. Now show is finished and the spin off gets canned n now his other show gets canned both before start.

Back